Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
The pool rules...I didn't see any posted and don't think there will be any issues should you choose to swim late. We used our hottub plenty in the evening watching the moon, sipping a drink and listening to the live music from the adult bar.

Wines....Ooooo.....so many. Mexican wines: (we had a ton to try while in Mexico, but unfortunately can't get many here) Try L.A. Cetto Nebbiolo Reserva Privada (if you can find it), or any of the Shiraz's L.A. Cetto produce.
A couple of other current favorites:
De Bortoli Windy Peak Pinot Noir (Australian or New Zealand).
Sandalford Shiraz (Austraila)
Trapiche Malbec (Argentina)
Always love to try new ones! :)

Also have to tell you girls, my FI 'kidnapped' me yesterday for a Surprise Day. We both worked an early shift and then we got into the car and drove for about 2 hours! Well we checked into a lovely hotel, and went out for a great dinner. And then he lead me to a concert...to my surprise it was...Sting! (And I love Sting!) We sat in the 11th row, as Sting performed with the London Philharmonic Orchestra! Hee hee I love Surprise Day!
mmmmm I love Trapiche Malbec too!! mmmmm wine. Too bad it's only 10am here in Vancouver.

As for Suprise day, that is sooo wonderfully romantic! What a guy! pinkie.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
mmmmmm LOVE a Malbec and Tempranillo! LOVE some Italian wine like a Barolo!! Ready for some wine! I haven't drank this week due to the ole wedding diet. Fi and I are hUGE winos. We buy a case of wine every 2-3 weeks! YIKES!!!

That sounds like SO much fun after the wedding!!!!!! YAY!
So glad to know that I'm not the only wine-o in the bunch here. smile123.gif I've told FI that we're going to have to cut back when we get closer to the wedding too. hahahah

speaking of - - - you are soooo close!! YAY Just reading you say "after the wedding' makes me realize that that is so soon for you too! thewave.gif (Exciting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Whoever wanted to know about the wine......

I love wine - I would not call myself a wine snob - but I know a little about it and drink a lot of it. I drink $15 - $20 bottles - which I think is average. Anyhoo, the wine at the resort was GOOD. My Dad and Step mom like good wine too and they all loved it. The Sauvignon Blanc was really good - I wish I could buy it - hint of grapefruit, my fave. The pinot noir was nice and they served it at the correct temperature. I was scared they were going to do room temp/too hot. I also tried the cabernet and that was good too. We stupidly ordered special wine for our wedding from Lomas - DO NOT DO THIS!!!!! No one knew they were drinking anything different from the house wine. Waste of $$$$$!!!!!! We did drink the house sparkling wine too and it was OK, I like mine more like prosecco - so drier - but hey, they poured it like water and we must've drank 12+ bottles at our cocktail reception :)
FI is a big wine guy actually thinking about doing it professionally...selling it...not making it. but one day I would love to make our own wine.

Good to know about the champagne. Did you pay for it or did they just bring it to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
Holy Smokes! You are having 70 people :) That sounds awesome. I have about 35 people... still waiting on few people. It would be fun to see how everything will work out.

I only have few things put together for OOT. I still have few things to buy for OOT but I figure I will start now. My next thing to work is the pre-travel brochure. I am so not excited about it.

I am so ready to be done. I don't know how people have years to plan the wedding. With my personality, this is just too much time to make decisions.

No worries... I am sure everything will come together at the end :) Take a deep breath and start decorating the cup cakes... maybe you are done by now and relaxing!!!
Thanks for the encouragement. I am going to order our OOT bags this weekend. I am having our monogram printed on the front so I've just been trying to find the cheapest option that'll allow me to digitally print the logo since it is so complicated.

Do you know what you are putting in yours? Right now we are doing a custom CD, puzzle books for the beach, weekend warrior kits, custom chapsticks and a welcome letter. I would like to do more but with 70+ bags, it's a lot of money and a lot of stuff to bring. Do you have any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
AWW he is precious!! AND Baby g!!! love.gif Sorry, I think I am in the emotional, giddy stage! Leave 2 weeks from today!
OMG...so exciting! Whoa Hoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.H View Post

My TA looked into the free sweet package for us but found out that it does not apply to canadians at azul sensatori....but for some reason it applies at all of their other resorts which totally sucks.

I think we are going with the pearl package too. I think the 40 people means they will reserve you a section of the restaurant that will seat up to 40 people. You will still need to pay for any chairs you need over the 12 they give you for your ceremony.

I have Carolina too, how are you finding her? How long does it take before you hear back from her?
I also have Carolina. She has been so-so. BUT leaps and bounds better than Tiffany was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcferron View Post
OK....So, 70 people!! That's a lot!! We are expecting 50+, so my question is: where are you having your reception?? Are the only options the beach or plaza zavaz??
We are doing it at Plaza Zavaz. That's actually my #1 pick. I didn't want to do it on the beach and I think it should fit my party perfectly from what I hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
Yes, they give you a beach towel card. You go get a fresh towel whenever you need it.
Interesting. Good to know. I am going to make card holds with wrist bungees so that's great for the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
Bigbop - re: the reception site. I knew from the get-go that the private reception was important for us and I was concerned the same way that with possibly 2 weddings/day there might be a conflict. I knew we'd want it outside but prefer NOT the beach. So, I booked Plaza Zavas when I booked my date. I wouldn't provide my deposit to Karisma until I had confirmation that I could have BOTH the ceremony date/time as well as the reception location. It took a long time to get confirmation on it and I was worried I'd lose my date entirely - but it worked out.

Of course now, depending on how big our group gets, it looks like we may have to readjust our planning if we're too large for the space. But I'm not going to worry about that yet. :-)

Plaza Zavaz will hold 70 people...so not sure how big your group wil be but you'll probably be fine. I am sure if you are just a couple of people over they will work with you. I had that fear about the sky deck and they told me I could have 100 ppl if I wanted. That's 20 more than the site says is allowed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
smile123.gif

pinkie.gifpinkie.gifpinkie.gif

I just got my Elite Banner!!! Wooo hoooo!!!
CONGRATS!

Quote:
Haha.. Dr. Rey! Dr. Rey from Dr. 90201?!? That's hilarious! I will definitely check it out. Just like your salon, my designer is recommending to wear a "light" spanx to smooth everything out under the dress. I will have to find something and try it on with the dress to see if it's really necessary. Thanks for the info!

yeah... 2.5 months to go and I am so exhausted. I am ready to be on the beach, drinking margaritas and get married! I have so much to do and nothing is getting done this week sad.gif

Click the image to open in full size.
So you all know I do PR...funny story, Dr. Rey was actually one of my first clients. He was a nightmare and I won't go into it but if anyone wants a go laugh i could tell you some hilarousn stories about him refusing to do interviews without his num-chicks (sic...sorry)

BUT I can tell you that thr shapewear he put out he did in partenership with a bigtime lingerie guy and the shapewear always gets rave reviews by the women's publications. I hear it's actually great...hmmm...why am i not looking into that? Maybe i should.

Quote:
The pool rules...I didn't see any posted and don't think there will be any issues should you choose to swim late. We used our hottub plenty in the evening watching the moon, sipping a drink and listening to the live music from the adult bar.

Wines....Ooooo.....so many. Mexican wines: (we had a ton to try while in Mexico, but unfortunately can't get many here) Try L.A. Cetto Nebbiolo Reserva Privada (if you can find it), or any of the Shiraz's L.A. Cetto produce.
A couple of other current favorites:
De Bortoli Windy Peak Pinot Noir (Australian or New Zealand).
Sandalford Shiraz (Austraila)
Trapiche Malbec (Argentina)
Always love to try new ones! :)

All the rooms above the main floor have a view of the ocean, just some might be a bit closer than others. And the resort is small enough that at most you might be a 4 minute walk/elevator ride to your room. The adults only section, is the furtherst from the ocean. The premium section is to the side. Honestly all the rooms are so similar, it will be amazing no matter where you stay! If you like the oceanview...go with it!

Congratulations!smile123.gif

We rented from Excellence Car rental. We had them pick us up at the resort, then got the rental car. Once we returned it, they also drove us back to the resort, no extra charge. We were driven to the Cancun office, about 20 minutes away. They were very helpful, even if the car was a bit older...but at least I wasn't worried about people breaking into the car. Plus their rates INCLUDE insurance, additional driver and 'get out of trouble' card (basically it's a card they give to tourists, so in case you get pulled over, the cop is suppose to just give you a warning and let you off the hook- but you do have to ask for the card!) I drive standard, and most of the cars seemed to be standards, so in case you need an automatic make sure to request it.
Excellence Car Rental
excellence@cancunmexicocarrental.com
Excellence Car Rental, cancun car rental, car rental in cancun | Mxico

Welcome! And don't worry you'll start to learn really quickly :)

We are thinking about doing our wedding reception at the beach BBQ area. :)

Also have to tell you girls, my FI 'kidnapped' me yesterday for a Surprise Day. We both worked an early shift and then we got into the car and drove for about 2 hours! Well we checked into a lovely hotel, and went out for a great dinner. And then he lead me to a concert...to my surprise it was...Sting! (And I love Sting!) We sat in the 11th row, as Sting performed with the London Philharmonic Orchestra! Hee hee I love Surprise Day!
That's the sweetest thing I have heard in awhile. FI and I need a break. Maybe I'll suggest a little stayctaion next weekend before things get even more hectic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Oh that is the sweetest!!!
Ah I know, right!

Oh ans ladies...i have been dreading coming on here because i knew you all were posting up a storm and it would take me forever to catch up. I am so behind in life (or so it feels) right now that I didn't want to feel bhind here to. But nevertheless I came back and I am caught up.

Thanks for all of your words of encourgament on Tuesday. I needed them. It has been such a rough week. On top of all of the wedding stuff, FI got into a car accident, his family dog was put to sleep this morning and we just found out his aunt is really, really sick. :) So sad.

All the complaining about the wedding seems silly now. (Even though there is so much to say about my TA... I can get into that at another time.)

So thanks ladies for listening.

Quote:

Someone asked about maracas?!? I bought maracas for our wedding at Fiesta Party Supplies Fiesta Decorations | Amols' Fiesta Party Supplies. These maracas already say "mexico" on it and they are all slightly different size since it's handmade. We are putting them on the reception table. I have attached the picture here... the tag says "Instead of tapping on your glass, here is a system with Mexican Class. Stand and shake with all your might to see the groom kiss his bride tonight." I copied it from one of the brides here. I thought it was super cute. You can even get small donkeys and pinatas. My FI wasn't crazy about the donkeys or pinatas but it's sooo cute.

These maracas are great! We used them as well and had them on all our reception tables. Just some FYI about them though: 1) they come with a really, really strong chemical smell so make sure you unpack them and let them breath for a while, and 2) the paint on them is rather fragile. Even though we packed them in a bunch of newspaper in a suitcase, they got banged up and the paint chipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
I refer to my DSLR as my second child. LOL I am very protective of it and I keep it nearby at all times. My daughter will tell me to kick back and relax with all of the photos of her. ;-) "Mom, enough please!" is pretty common for her, especially around soccer season when I deploy the rapid shot on her! LOL I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cameras and even tried to enroll in a JC course this past semester but it was full. :-( Do not get me started on my love for DSLR's! LOL offtopic2.gif

Sorry to stay off topic, but you can learn sooo about photography online!
And I love my DSLR so much, I got a camera bag that looks like a purse on the outside for mother's day! It's awesome, and I don't look like such a crazy bag lady with a purse, diaper bag, and boxy canon bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
I ordered them from Invitation Consultants. I am not very DYI :)

Come to Mexico - Wedding Invitations by Invitation Consultants. (Item # CC-BBAT688-45-ME )
These are great!! Love them wink.gif

Quote:
This is so funny because itâ€s my biggest complaint too. I get carded 99.999999% of the time… Iâ€m talking about cigarettes, rated R movies etc. I always get a laugh or a scoff too if Iâ€m tryin†to buy alcohol if Iâ€m not done up to the freakin†9â€s. Itâ€s really annoying when people tell me I look 19… I donâ€t WANT to look 19!

I do love saying it! It feels weird whenever I heard it out loud too.

Hmmm I need to find that video… I was searching for smokey eye tutorials because thatâ€s what I wanted on my wedding day. So the video may not be pertinent to what youâ€re looking for… AH I found it!
YouTube - Perfect Wedding - Bridal Make-Up
That video is perfect!! Thank you so much! And let me tell you, you did NOT look 19 on your wedding day wink.gif

While dress shopping, this is the first thing I told the consultants, I don't want to look like I"m 12 on my wedding day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Quote:
We are Olympus fans! :)
We may need to start a DSLR thread lol

Quote:

I used the spa for both my hair and makeup. I was at AB but the lady who did both my trial and my wedding day (Monica) works at AS as well. In fact, she's more often over there since AS does more weddings. I loved her! You can read my full review of her under my siggy. I brought pics of what I wanted and she did an awesome job of replicating.
That's great to know, you looked beautiful!

Quote:
smile123.gif

pinkie.gifpinkie.gifpinkie.gif

I just got my Elite Banner!!! Wooo hoooo!!!
Congrats, very well deserved!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Oh ans ladies...i have been dreading coming on here because i knew you all were posting up a storm and it would take me forever to catch up. I am so behind in life (or so it feels) right now that I didn't want to feel bhind here to. But nevertheless I came back and I am caught up.

Thanks for all of your words of encourgament on Tuesday. I needed them. It has been such a rough week. On top of all of the wedding stuff, FI got into a car accident, his family dog was put to sleep this morning and we just found out his aunt is really, really sick. :) So sad.

All the complaining about the wedding seems silly now. (Even though there is so much to say about my TA... I can get into that at another time.)

Sending good thoughts your way. i am so sorry you guys had a rough week! Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post
yay!! We just got our date confirmed! April 25th, 2011 at 4pm. getting married at the catholic chapel at El Dorado Maroma, but reception back at AS. Next I have to tell officially "meet" the WC and tell her what wedding package we want. I am going to be busy reading the older posts tomorrow at work, hope it is not too busy lol, lots to read. also don't know what reception dinner options we have. I would have written back to all of you who were kind enough to welcome me, but I'm not down with multi-quoting yet! Also my ticker is so small! Haha, oh well at least i figured out how to do it. Thanks for listening to me vent!
Yayy congrats on setting the date!

Quote:
That's so funny that nobody wants to have the reception on the beach. that's where we are having the reception. we are very excited about the beach!!!
I think we're doing ours at the beach too! We live in Miami, so i am used to parties and heels on the beach lol.

Quote:
We are thinking about doing our wedding reception at the beach BBQ area. :)

That is awesome that he planned that for you... Soo thoughtful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post
Curious ~ Are any of the Bs2B using the resort photographers, or has anyone used them recently? I don't really have the budget to upgrade and I'm just curious if they're descent. I was thinking as long as I have a CD, I could have a company or friend photoshop some pics for me.

Thoughts??
Welcome! The photographer is one of the most important decisions... and I'm still trying to decide how far from my original budget I'm willing to stray. frown.gif
Good luck!

Quote:

So sorry to hear you are going through so much. I love your "so behind in life" comment, because I feel like that a lot too. I always say things like I need to go organize my life, and my friends laugh, but I'm soo serious.

You and your FI probably need a date night or something to help with all the stress you've been dealing with. hug2.gif And you can always vent here if you need it!

Quote:

Amanda, so sorry to hear things are so tough right now. I'm sure things will turn around soon. And I think I can speak for most of the ladies here when I say we love to listen and offer words of support/help when we can.

hug2.gif

Quote:
These maracas are great! We used them as well and had them on all our reception tables. Just some FYI about them though: 1) they come with a really, really strong chemical smell so make sure you unpack them and let them breath for a while, and 2) the paint on them is rather fragile. Even though we packed them in a bunch of newspaper in a suitcase, they got banged up and the paint chipped.
hmmmm, I wonder if there's any way to protect the paint so to speak... something to spray on them or anything.

Good to know tho. Thanks for the heads up.