Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Thanks Ladies! I know we've heard nothing but good things about everything including the food but I'm having those dreams where something goes wrong in the kitchen and my guests have to eat Cheetos and dumb stuff like that. Just trying to ease my mind a little more.
Cheetos are good! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post
Thank you for the welcome ladies! I read about 25 pages of this thread last night and already am feeling better about planning. Now I am going to try to find some more info on the Free Sweet package?? I know I have lots more to read! Bear with me as I learn my way around here.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
AWW he is precious!! AND Baby g!!! love.gif Sorry, I think I am in the emotional, giddy stage! Leave 2 weeks from today!
Can't wait to see the pictures! You must be getting excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
VERY glad to hear this. I've not heard very many good things about Mexican wine and that's what I usually drink - so glad to know that it is drinkable (by the kilo hahaha).
I don't think the house wines are Mexican. But FI and I are big wine drinkers...and surprisingly Mexican wines from the Baja area are stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post
And a BIRD..that is FIs. That bird will live FOREVER....if any of you have birds...I'm sorry...but I am NOT a bird person...Animals are cute and cuddly...cats and dogs...
The Bird is fine and everyone gets along (kind of)...but it's a BIRD...they live outside!:)
I had birds growing up all my life, they were small budgies! But I love birds, but I found many people were afraid of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
I ordered my invitations today!!!! I am so happy with them. I must have worked on them for a total of 3-4 hours playing with font and wording and size but I really like them!
Can't wait to see them! So excited that the invites are ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Before I start responding, I have a couple questions for you previous brides:
1) How far away from AS are the local markets/vendors in order to purchase Mexican trinkets and such for the OOT bags? Are they within walking distance or is AS smack dab in the middle of the jungle as I read elsewhere?

Giiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, I am a Nikon feen!!! I refer to my DSLR as my second child. LOL I am very protective of it and I keep it nearby at all times. My daughter will tell me to kick back and relax with all of the photos of her. ;-) "Mom, enough please!" is pretty common for her, especially around soccer season when I deploy the rapid shot on her! LOL I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cameras and even tried to enroll in a JC course this past semester but it was full. :-( Do not get me started on my love for DSLR's! LOL offtopic2.gif
The resort is far away from the local markets, about a 20 minute drive. FI and I have rented a car for the few days before our guests arrive to run the errands. The resort just valet parks your car, no problems.

We are Olympus fans! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
Yes, they give you a beach towel card. You go get a fresh towel whenever you need it.
Strange, FI and I were there in April, in a premium swim up suite and never had towel cards. Maybe that's changed?? We would get pool towels in our room, and then you just exchanged them at the beach butler hut, if you needed a fresh one.

Quote:
This. Sounds. Awesome.

"Thanks, I don't need a towel. I'm just going to swim home!" hmmmm, makes me wish I was there right now... and DEFINITELY makes me lean more towards the upgrading.

Were you in the premium swim up? Do you recommend?
Stayed in the Premium swim up in April and loved the hot tub beside the walk into the pool. That part I would highly recommend, especially when it cools off a little in the late afternoon, you can relax in the hot tub :) Other than that the rooms were identical to all the others, so no real bonus there. But you could request special soaps and room fragrances for free. Plus the premium section has the pool butlers, I don't think the other areas do.

Quote:
1. Thanks for that video! i just watched it and that doesn't look too hard. I think your right that if you practice enough you can do it! I am going to attempt it! Thank you so much for the video Link!

2. I tell her all the time that she is my longest standing relationship! 8 years!

Man I wish I would have thought of that. Fingers cross I get that ceremony location but i am getting married on Sunday and as of last week i was the only bride that day so here's to hoping
Youâ€re welcome! Thatâ€s a great video isnâ€t it? She makes it very simple and gives you cheaper options too which I loved and what a gorgeous girl, she really doesnâ€t even need makeup!

HAHA! I love it, I wouldnâ€t change my hairdresser relationship for the world, she came to both of my weddings, Mexico & Vegas 

Youâ€ll get your location, I have no doubt!

Quote:
This. Sounds. Awesome.

"Thanks, I don't need a towel. I'm just going to swim home!" hmmmm, makes me wish I was there right now... and DEFINITELY makes me lean more towards the upgrading.

Were you in the premium swim up? Do you recommend?
OH yes, it was the best decision we made. When the swine flu hit last May the prices plummeted and the Swim-up Suites prices (not premium) were cheaper than regular rooms so we booked a group contract of all swim-up suites and my guests RAVED about them. I was sad to move into the Honeymoon Suite on my wedding day to lose the swim up suite (although moving was a great idea because that suite and balcony are just HUGE with great views).

The only difference with the premium is the Jacuzzi outside in addition to the inside one. The pool water is warm at night and we hardly even had to use the jacuzziâ€s while we were there, I donâ€t think the extra money is worth going premium.

Quote:
Okay, thanks for that info! I wanted to add some local flavor to our guests OOT bags, but if it will be complicated to get around to purchase some, I will just move along to plan B or C. :-)
Oh and I know you have probably answered this a gazillion times, but can you tell me which location you held your reception in? What your describing sounds similar to the feel we are seeking.
Youâ€re welcome! I agree, I really wanted to do that too but once we got to the resort, we just didnâ€t want to leave and run errands 

My reception was at Zocallo al Fresco, the entire patio of the Zocallo restaurant. Iâ€ll send you pix if you want!

Quote:
Gingerlover, aside from that link I PM'ed you, these are for you. I've been scouring inspiration boards for the past week or so just browsing for things I like. Hope these help some......

Click the image to open in full size.
Quote:
LOVE THESE! Did you use, big and something.com ? I made inspiration boards for everything, love your whole color scheme and feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
Strange, FI and I were there in April, in a premium swim up suite and never had towel cards. Maybe that's changed?? We would get pool towels in our room, and then you just exchanged them at the beach butler hut, if you needed a fresh one.
I was there May 2010 for 2 weeks and the towel cards were in effect. Maybe premium sections have better towel privileges? wink.gif

Quote:
That was a good idea! I wasn't even that forward thinking when we booked. I figured it would all work itself out but now that I am beginning to think about decorations and paper lanterns, I'm trying to decide where we will hold ours so that I don't make a bunch of unnecessary purchases. There is a wedding one hour after ours and as kind as I'd like to be, I want for choice! :-)
Yea, forward thinking/picky FI call it what you will. But I hear ya on wanting your choice over being kind - of COURSE you do! It's your wedding!! I'm sure you'll get what you want (it's still waay early). Ours is at Plaza Zavas. I'm not sure if the Zocalla location is still available for Private receptions but our WC pretty much said this was the option for outdoor/private/covered space for dancing etc.

Quote:
Yes, I was told that to qualify for the free package our room had to be a Premium room or higher. I am having our TA run the room price comparisons as we speak because we also booked our wedding within 10 days of participating in the webinar and now qualify for a free room upgrade, whatever that may be!

Our TA said you have to book 7 nights in the premium suite or higher and the additional 15 nights of guests booked in any class of rooms.
Thanks for helping clarify that for me ladies! I think I'll wait and see if I feel that premium is worth the difference b/w the $950 Pearl Pckge and the "Free" Package (hardly free if you think of it that way hahaha).

Quote:
I don't think the house wines are Mexican. But FI and I are big wine drinkers...and surprisingly Mexican wines from the Baja area are stunning!
oooh, care to share any suggestions? I'd love to branch out. We're really into Chilean wines these days (Malbecs mostly).

Quote:
I had birds growing up all my life, they were small budgies! But I love birds, but I found many people were afraid of them.
I am one of these people. eek.gif

Quote:
Stayed in the Premium swim up in April and loved the hot tub beside the walk into the pool. That part I would highly recommend, especially when it cools off a little in the late afternoon, you can relax in the hot tub :) Other than that the rooms were identical to all the others, so no real bonus there. But you could request special soaps and room fragrances for free. Plus the premium section has the pool butlers, I don't think the other areas do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
OH yes, it was the best decision we made. When the swine flu hit last May the prices plummeted and the Swim-up Suites prices (not premium) were cheaper than regular rooms so we booked a group contract of all swim-up suites and my guests RAVED about them. I was sad to move into the Honeymoon Suite on my wedding day to lose the swim up suite (although moving was a great idea because that suite and balcony are just HUGE with great views).

The only difference with the premium is the Jacuzzi outside in addition to the inside one. The pool water is warm at night and we hardly even had to use the jacuzziâ€s while we were there, I donâ€t think the extra money is worth going premium.

I was there May 2010 for 2 weeks and the towel cards were in effect. Maybe premium sections have better towel privileges? wink.gif
Thanks for the info on this ladies. One question about swim ups... since most of the pools close at like 6pm (I think that's the case anyways) are you able to use the outside jacuzzi &/or little pool section outside your room AFTER those regular hours?

Am I totally wrong that the pools close like that? If so please set me straight.

Question about rooms:

My requirements for rooms when i travel to the beach generally are to be as close to the beach as possible and to not be on the ground floor. From what i can tell, the only truly oceanfront rooms are the honeymoon suites.....Also, it seems the "premium" rooms are back behind the pool. I had ruled out the swim ups b/c i normally like to be up to see the sea good.

Currently we are just booked in the luxury jacuzzi oceanview (b/c it is off gorund floor and as close to beach as possible). my TA (which i have used for years) says she thinks this room suites me best b/c of my previous travel choices, but you all have me wondering if i should just do a swim-uphuh.gif thoughtshuh.gifhuh.gif

Quote:

Thanks for the info on this ladies. One question about swim ups... since most of the pools close at like 6pm (I think that's the case anyways) are you able to use the outside jacuzzi &/or little pool section outside your room AFTER those regular hours?

Am I totally wrong that the pools close like that? If so please set me straight.
Ya, I saw a few people in there swim up sections in the late evening. We never did though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcferron View Post
Question about rooms:

My requirements for rooms when i travel to the beach generally are to be as close to the beach as possible and to not be on the ground floor. From what i can tell, the only truly oceanfront rooms are the honeymoon suites.....Also, it seems the "premium" rooms are back behind the pool. I had ruled out the swim ups b/c i normally like to be up to see the sea good.

Currently we are just booked in the luxury jacuzzi oceanview (b/c it is off gorund floor and as close to beach as possible). my TA (which i have used for years) says she thinks this room suites me best b/c of my previous travel choices, but you all have me wondering if i should just do a swim-uphuh.gif thoughtshuh.gifhuh.gif
I think if the room you have booked meets all of your criteria, why would you want to change it? I don't care about being on the second floor and seeing the ocean, so obviously I'd say "ya the swim ups are the best", but that's not what you like according to your description! Unless you want a change? Really IMO it doesn't matter where you stay. My first night I was on the second floor with a pool view. If I was left there all week I still would have had the same amount of fun.

Quote:
I'm not working with Faye, but for what it's worth finding out about the reception locations was the one thing for me that took AGES for a response. (well, felt like ages anyways... probably only a couple weeks)
I am glad to hear I am not the only one, it does seem like it is taking a long time an answer. Thanks, that makes me feel better!

Wow, ladies, 3 days gone and 15 pages to read!!!

HAPPY BELATED to all the birthday ladies out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

Wendy - we did customize. The gatefold and envelope will be bronze and the bellyband and rhinestones will be purple.

Oooooooh, preeeetty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
Question... did you guys wear spanx under your wedding dress? My designer is telling me I MUST wear one in order to look flawless under the dress... but I am not sure where to buy one. He knows someone who sells nice spanx and costs around $200. Do you think it's too much? I don't want to buy a cheap kind and end up regretting when I see the pictures. Any recommendations?
I know a lot of ladies have already commented on this, but Spanx should not cost you $200. That's just crazy. I've used both Spanx and Dr. Rey Shapewear. I really like the Dr. Rey!

Since my dress was so form-fitting, the salon recommended I wear a slimmer underneath to smooth everything out. I bought one and brought it to my first fitting, but once I put it on, my seamstress and I quickly agreed I shouldn't use it. My dress was so unforgiving in having any extra room that that teeny extra layer made the dress fit that much tighter--i.e. too tight! I'm glad it worked out that way because I would have been melting with that on underneath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
That brings me to my next point, I have almost 70 guests coming!

Oh there must be so much more but time to hit the hay. My weekend of flights to and from the east coast in addition to 3 parties in 3 days has got me beat. I need to wake up soon to decorate cupcakes and hopefully work out. Ah, why am I so overwhelmed all the sudden? Is this normal for brides 2 1/2 months out. AHHH! I can't believe it's that close.

70 guests!! Wow! You're going to have so much fun!

TOTALLY NORMAL to be freaking out and feel overwhelmed with 2.5 months to go. Things really kick into high gear at about the 3 month mark and then it's full steam ahead until you get on that plane.

Well, there's the wonderful, awesome giddy, on-top-of-the-world stage that Lindz is in right now. cheesy.gif I really like that stage and waiting for that to kick in is definitely worth waiting for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post
Hello Ladies! Well, I just wanted to say hello and say that I am waiting for our date confirmation at Azul Sensatori, then it will finally be official and I'm so excited! I am so happy to be able to talk to other brides from A.S. My date would be April 25, 2011. I thought things would seem easier once I picked a resort lol, now we seem to have many more things to do, wedding packages, getting guests to pay on time to get the right rate etc. I feel like I might start driving my friends/co-workers and family crazy with wedding talk so i am happy to have this forum, you all know what I am going through!
Welcome and happy planning!!

Quote:
NUMBER ONE! ADD me to the date list! I have in writing confirmation for 3pm on May 15th 2011 FINALLY!!! I am so HAPPY.

Hoooooraaaaaay!!! smile123.gif You have your date!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
I am banking on once in a lifetime shots :)

I have no doubt your shots will be worth every penny and will blow you away. I can't wait to see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mrs.winski View Post
did everyone bring their own photographer? I'm a photo freak and I was wondering if anyone used any of the photographers the resort recommends
We brought our own and I second what everyone else says: you get so much bang for your buck when you do it that way. We got 12 hours on the wedding day plus a full afternoon TTD session the day after, all for less than one of their photogs (well, maybe not less than Caribe). Ours would have shot more if we'd wanted him to, e.g. rehearsal, excursion, etc.

Of the two resort photogs, Matias Cano seems to be the less standard and traditional of the two, but he doesn't come cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
I'm still here, just been MIA over the weekend. We're not leaving until the 29th.
Danielle, I thought I'd missed you! You're so soon!! pinkie.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
I don't know who was asking about Tiffany or what the story was behind her, but she was my WC and she was dumb as F***. Sorry, but that's the truth. You just have to literally number your questions in your email and then in bold at the bottom write PLEASE ANSWER EACH OF THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS. As a result, she will answer at least 2, but not all. Seriously I thought that chick was going to give me a stroke.
smile120.gif I cannot tell you how much this makes me laugh. I used to yell and scream at my computer screen and DH didn't have to be in the room to know it was b/c of Tiffany. Her amazing ability to not answer questions would set me off every time.

Quote:
I was wondering if any you previous brides used the spa at the resort for getting your hair and makeup done? Or for those B2B..are you planning on it? Or bringing in or going somewhere else? Or doing it yourself?

Thanx :)

I used the spa for both my hair and makeup. I was at AB but the lady who did both my trial and my wedding day (Monica) works at AS as well. In fact, she's more often over there since AS does more weddings. I loved her! You can read my full review of her under my siggy. I brought pics of what I wanted and she did an awesome job of replicating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post

I am 2 months til I turn 31 and I love love love my 30s!

I second this. The 30's kick the 20's butt! woot2.gif

Quote:
He's a Bug :) (Part Bostyon Terrier/Part Pug). He was a rescue last year..about 4.5. This was his "profile" pic on the rescue site...I saw it and fell in love with him..knew he had to be mine :)
His name is Baby Grinchmas (Baby..cause that's what he came with...and he looks so much like the Grinch). Actually his full name is Baby Grinchmas Theodore Pugglehead....we call call him Baby G
Love Him :)
OMG he's the cutest thing! And he does look like the Grinch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
AWW he is precious!! AND Baby g!!! love.gif Sorry, I think I am in the emotional, giddy stage! Leave 2 weeks from today!
YAAAAAY 2 weeks!! thewave.gif

Quote:

I am hoping this photo thing I am about to do works! I have 2 blind from birth poodles. Xander and Leonitis. Xander is the big one and Leo is the little one! We got them from a rescue here in Houston. We took Xander because I am a sucker for special needs. 3 years later the same rescue called us up and said we have another blind dog, would you like it. I don't dress them up very often but the Dog Groomer will do it during the holidays and take their pics for a small fee. She is going to take a pic of them in Tuxes for my favor card!
Oh too cute! You have a really big heart :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortneysmith View Post
I am freaking out just a little. My WC was Cecile. After several emails with no response I called and they told me she was no longer with the company. I spoke with a man who said he was the manager and now I can not remember his name. Have any of you ladies dealt with him and if so, do you remembe his name? He said he was going to email me my new WC's info but I have not yet received anything. I tried to call today and was on hold for 30 min with no response. My wedding is in October and I need to make some decisions and FAST but can not do so due to the change in WC.
Oh, what to do?
Fabio is who I'm sure you're referring to. How frustrating!! I hope that by the time I'm typing this it's already been worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I do love saying it! It feels weird whenever I heard it out loud too.

They do, like Nicole said they give you a towel card and you can get 2 towels a day I think but you have to return them. They charge you like $30 a towel if you don’t return them one of my guests found out. I never used the towel card, I had a swim up suite and just never left the pool, it was too hot to care about a towel and especially when I could just swim back to my room :)

Well, I had plans to get some local snacks and whatnot when I got to Mexico. Upon arrival you’ll notice that you are literally in the smallest town ever and really in the middle of nowhere. They turn off the main road and drive into the forest and there’s the resort, literally is in the middle of forest. I couldn’t even tell you where the closest vendor or market is. If you wanted to head to Cancun, it’s close to a 25-30 minute drive you could hire a van to take you into town which you could do there easily. I would say nothing is walking distance from the hotel, so don’t plan on hiking it anywhere, LOL :)

Introducing DH as "my husband" to someone still feels really strange. I do a double-take in my brain every time I do it or refer to him in conversation that way.

FYI for the AB brides, there are no towel cards at AB. You just take one when you want it. No limits.

I can't remember who asked (Bipbop maybe?) about buying OOT stuff in Mexico. We went into Puerto Morelos 3 times while we were there and each time was about a 10 minute drive. It's probably 5 min. just to get back out to the highway from the resort. PM does have some souvenirs but really not that much to speak of. I've heard of other girls buying local things for their OOT bags in Cancun/Playa, and they've found things like maracas, chocolates, local cookies, etc. I don't remember seeing anything like that in PM.