Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hi ladies! How's everyone's planning going? Hope none of you are driving yourselves crazy!!!!

Wondering if you ladies can help me out? I'm in a photocontest. To win you have to get the most votes on fb. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3524486&ref=mf. Click like on my pic (Nicole & Curt). Or if you don't like it, don't vote for me!!! Thanks ladies!!! xoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
Hi ladies! How's everyone's planning going? Hope none of you are driving yourselves crazy!!!!

Wondering if you ladies can help me out? I'm in a photocontest. To win you have to get the most votes on fb. Here's the link: Moments that Matter Photography's Photos - 2010 $100 Favorite Photo Contest | Facebook. Click like on my pic (Nicole & Curt). Or if you don't like it, don't vote for me!!! Thanks ladies!!! xoxo
I just "liked" it...great pic and GOOD LUCK!

Del Sol stopped accepting Karisma b/c Karisma stopped accepting them.

It sounds like Azul/Karisma is relaxing their Mexican Photographer policy. Or at least that's what some of the past few pages of posts have seemed to me, so I would suggest you ask your WC what the current policy is and if you can use them specifically.

I thought AmyF's photo had a Del Sol look too. You can always tells your photog you want more of a photo-journalistic approach.

Ok, let's talk about FI's "roles" in the planning process. He has been on opposite ends of the spectrum. Either SUPER AMAZING or SUPER TERRIBLE! haha He has helped me with a ton of stuff. For example, when I was doing the invitations, he stayed up for HOURS with me helping me construct the invites, stuff them, and stamp the envelopes. He has also said "do NOT worry about a guest book (I was going to do a polaroid camera and have people take pic of themselves and write a little note on the white part...I will just do this for the Thursday night party on the beach) for the wedding. He says he is working on something super awesome for us. HMMMMM. I am kind of nervous...with my type A personality, I have not delegated ANYTHING! haha And have been such a micromanager through this process, so I hope he comes up with something cute! So, we will see what he comes up with. He is also helping his mom with the rehearsal dinner and planning our entire Vegas trip. He obviously had a big decision in the resort and is doing a lot with the menus for the weekend. He did several other little things here and there. Ok, so now for the bad part...stuff he doesn't care about, he DOES NOT CARE ABOUT! haha Like OOT bags...he thinks they are a waste of money. SO whenever I mention something I bought for them, he argues with me and says it's stupid. SO ANNOYING! So my advice to you...pick your battles and only involve him in things you think he will take interest in. It is SO weird with FI's...They could careless about a lot of the wedding, BUT when they find something they want to do, they will be ALL about it! It's best just to let them have their moment. wink.gif

QUOTE]

Right now FI is all about the color of my bridesmaids dresses...what is the nice way to tell him that really that is something he does NOT get to choose or really even a say in?

There was almost a fight last night...but I pulled back becasue I have such a long time that if we start fighting now....

On to my next question....are you all fans of BMs wearing the same color or different colors? I'm leaning towards jewelish tones...and bnow he's talking about GM all wearing different colors...HELP!

As much as I complained about DH not being involved in any of the wedding plans, I would have gone crazy if it were the other way and he was in my face with his opinion all the time.

masmarmar, I like both... matching or different colours!! I say go with what you like. I really don't think you can go wrong :)

Oh apparently to vote on the fb pic you have to "like" the photographer to be able to "like" the pic..... that's the word anyways lol.

Quote:
As much as I complained about DH not being involved in any of the wedding plans, I would have gone crazy if it were the other way and he was in my face with his opinion all the time.

masmarmar, I like both... matching or different colours!! I say go with what you like. I really don't think you can go wrong :)

Oh apparently to vote on the fb pic you have to "like" the photographer to be able to "like" the pic..... that's the word anyways lol.
Yes, this is true. After I added you, I still needed to "like" MTM Photog...so, ladies, add Nicole, "like" MTM Photog, and then "like" her photo! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post

Ok, let's talk about FI's "roles" in the planning process. He has been on opposite ends of the spectrum. Either SUPER AMAZING or SUPER TERRIBLE! haha He has helped me with a ton of stuff. For example, when I was doing the invitations, he stayed up for HOURS with me helping me construct the invites, stuff them, and stamp the envelopes. He has also said "do NOT worry about a guest book (I was going to do a polaroid camera and have people take pic of themselves and write a little note on the white part...I will just do this for the Thursday night party on the beach) for the wedding. He says he is working on something super awesome for us. HMMMMM. I am kind of nervous...with my type A personality, I have not delegated ANYTHING! haha And have been such a micromanager through this process, so I hope he comes up with something cute! So, we will see what he comes up with. He is also helping his mom with the rehearsal dinner and planning our entire Vegas trip. He obviously had a big decision in the resort and is doing a lot with the menus for the weekend. He did several other little things here and there. Ok, so now for the bad part...stuff he doesn't care about, he DOES NOT CARE ABOUT! haha Like OOT bags...he thinks they are a waste of money. SO whenever I mention something I bought for them, he argues with me and says it's stupid. SO ANNOYING! So my advice to you...pick your battles and only involve him in things you think he will take interest in. It is SO weird with FI's...They could careless about a lot of the wedding, BUT when they find something they want to do, they will be ALL about it! It's best just to let them have their moment. wink.gif

QUOTE]

Right now FI is all about the color of my bridesmaids dresses...what is the nice way to tell him that really that is something he does NOT get to choose or really even a say in?

There was almost a fight last night...but I pulled back becasue I have such a long time that if we start fighting now....

On to my next question....are you all fans of BMs wearing the same color or different colors? I'm leaning towards jewelish tones...and bnow he's talking about GM all wearing different colors...HELP!

Maybe you could ask him what colors he is looking at for his GM...then say you will choose a color that goes with those colors. OR you could ask him (very nicely) "thank you for trying to help me, but why are you so interested in the BN's colors?" I am sure it has something to do with his groomsmen's outfits. I think they can wear any!! My future sis-in-law did all different shades of pinks and creams and toupe. It was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Yes, this is true. After I added you, I still needed to "like" MTM Photog...so, ladies, add Nicole, "like" MTM Photog, and then "like" her photo! haha
BAHAHAHAHA talk about complicated eh?!! You don't have to add me, people that aren't my friends on fb have voted. Its MTM photogs that you have to like. Thanks for the vote Linds!! love.gif

Quote:

Wondering if you ladies can help me out? I'm in a photocontest. To win you have to get the most votes on fb. Here's the link: Moments that Matter Photography's Photos - 2010 $100 Favorite Photo Contest | Facebook. Click like on my pic (Nicole & Curt). Or if you don't like it, don't vote for me!!! Thanks ladies!!! xoxo

Just Liked :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
If any ladies need ideas for Bachlorettes, not to toot my own horn but I love planning them and throwing them and I have been in 15 weddings and I always take the lead on the Bachlorette. (The downside to being an promotion and event planner in radio) I have done different themes, etc so if you BM or yourself get planners block let me know I can spit out some ideas! I think I just like to plan theme parties and I use bachlorettes as my excuse.
Man, I would be clueless if I had to plan a bachlorette. I love it that you have a niche for doing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
OMG!! I feel your pain. If I heard him say one more time, "It's just too much for me to process right now" or "my head hurts, can we talk about this later" or the best one "we have time, I'll go full speed in Aug" I think I would've slit my wrists pokestick.gif I had to have a few tantrums and start picking overly expensive stuff to get him on board with planning. When I told him I was gonna order $9 wedding invites his headache went away quick! girl_werewolf.gif
$9 invites!... smile120.gif Glad it made him pay attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post
Ladies I need some advice!

I had contacted Del Sol about to be our Photographers, but just received an email that they do not accept bookings at Karisma Hotels. I'm super disappointed... Anyone have any photographer recs with a similar style? More photojournalistic I guess, rather than the more traditional approach? TIA
Are you looking to stay with Mexican photogs or bring someone with you?