Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Danielle! OMG, whoever threw that party for you, hat's off, the detail is insurmountable, I am truly impressed and blown away! Every single picture of you, you're glowing, I'm so happy you had such a great shower :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post
Everything looks awesome, thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Wow you have amazing friends!!!! What a great shower!
Thank you all! It was actually supposed to be outside but it rained that day for the first time in like a month but I think it actually was better that it was inside becasue we didn't have to deal with people going in and out of the house and bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Hey Ladies! I've been away for a few days and as usual, you Ladies are moving full steam ahead. I needed to get away and not do any wedding planning because I was beginning to get stressed out with the family drama around me. I cannot believe I am posting this on a public forum, but I am having issues with my Mother and she has been making this wedding planning a nightmare as opposed to something fun. I'm her firstborn and only daughter and I guess my expectations of her involvement were/are a little higher than her perception. Anyway, I'm channeling and processing it all and working on beginning to accept that although she has the funds, she just might not be at or involved in my wedding. It hurts, but it is what it is. I just never invisioned my wedding day without my Mom being front row and center stage. Lots of lessons to be learned in life.

Moving past the drama and resisting the urge to emotionally dump here....and back on to weddings!!! We got our STD's back and out in the mail. I will be honest and say that I was on the fence about them and almost hesitated to send them out. We found an awesome seller on Etsy and while I loved all of her other work and samples, I don't think my idea translated over well via email. I wanted something very natural and organic. I love raffia and we are using Burnt Orange as our main color with sand brown and white as accents. After seeing our STD's, I am starting to think we might need another bright accent color. I am a tomboy and not a big fan of pink, so that color is out, although I have seen other weddings and I think those two colors are beautiful together. Any suggestions of an accent color to go with burnt orange that don't give off a "fall wedding" feel are greatly appreciated. Because I know how much we all love photos, my STD's that I sent out are below. We placed thins self-adhesive magnets on the rear so that people could place them on their fridge if they chose to.

Click the image to open in full size.

Any ideas for a pretty accent colorhuh.gif??
So sorry to hear about all the drama. My heart goes out for you.

As for colours, I agree with most of the blue/green suggestions. Light green or bright blue could look great with a burnt orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
The password is Danielle
What a phenomenal shower theme - and done to a T!
Also that dress is fantaaaastic!! LOVE cheer2.gif

Quote:
I'm going to try to post a link to the pictures from my bridal shower. I had a ball. The Sex and the City theme turned out great!!!!!!

Danielles Sex and the City Shower pictures by daniepps1128 - Photobucket
LOVE IT!!!! What a great theme and you look so happy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMDC View Post
Congrats on selecting the big day! FI and I also recently booked for July 23, 2011!!

cheer2.gif
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post
OMG ladies... I haven't been on in a few weeks and missed sooo much! There is way too much to comment on, it took me hours (literally) to read through so many pages!

Congrats to Meghan, I'm glad everything turned out ok!

Welcome to all of the new AS brides (I"m really new myself wink.gif)

Bigbop, I think we're in similar stages of planning... I sent out my STDs, too!

Still trying to decide on the reception site, although we are having the ceremony on the sky deck on May 6, 2011 at 6 pm. It says something about a lounge area with modular seating, does anyone know if we can have the reception there?

I'm going to try and post a pic of our STDs below! The color is not exact because of the bad lighting, but you get the idea.

This may look better:
LOVE your Save the Date! It so simple yet noticable! Great JOB!!!!

Quote:
I'm going to try to post a link to the pictures from my bridal shower. I had a ball. The Sex and the City theme turned out great!!!!!!

Danielles Sex and the City Shower pictures by daniepps1128 - Photobucket
Looks like it was a wonderful shower! You guys all look great :)