Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Welcome back wedding day buddy! What happened?

Also, sorry to hear about your car, that really stinks!

I was going to do a beach towel too but with 70 guests became far too expensive. If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for each?

So funny that you FI is from Baltimore. So am I! So many weird connections from brides on this thread. Amy F seriously lives 5 mins from me, Amy B is also from MD and Wendy is from Austin (where my fiance is from). Plus Meredith is from my fav city in the US, New Orleans. (Well besides NYC!)
I'm from Maryland too! Not Baltimore though, I'm from Prince George's County.

That's so funny! Go Maryland!

OK, so I finished my planning thread. It doesn't really flow but whatever, I could only look at it for so long - plus I wanted to get it done before I got my pro pics - b/c then I have to write the wedding review. Phew so much to do :)

So, here it is:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...wedding-61350/

Have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post
My Save the Dates came yesterday...does anyone think it is too soon to send them out? My mom thinks it is too early..but I think the earlier the better...it gives people longer to save and plan, right?
Our wedding is January 24, 2011. And we sent out our STD magnets in February 2010...almost a year ahead of time. I think it's helpful for people to know when/where, so that they can plan ahead and /or book vacation time if they need to!

Quote:
And another questionhuh.gif How long are/did you stay in Mexico for your wedding? We are planning 14 days...7 for wedding and family and friends...7 just for us....did all of you stay in just 1 resort? Or did you go to a different place? We are thinking of maybe going to Cozumel for the second week...but still totally up in the air....
We have booked for 14 days. We plan on arriving a couple of days ahead of the guests, so that we can spend that time talking and organizing with the wedding coordinator,etc. We also plan on buying some of our OOT bag supplies locally to try and save room/weight in our luggage. We plan on buying some local Mexican chocolate, and souvenirs. We also plan on buying a bunch of postcards, which will become our "Guest book". We will ask guests to fill in their favorite memory of the trip and mail the postcard before they leave for home. So we will need to find a local post office for postage. Then once all the guests have departed we will still have 4 days to relax and enjoy. We will be at the Sensatori the whole time. I don't want to repack. (we had to do that on our site inspection trip, because the hotel was overbooked for the first 3 days. And it honestly ate up a days' time, just repacking, transfer and then settling into the next place.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
We have booked for 14 days. We plan on arriving a couple of days ahead of the guests, so that we can spend that time talking and organizing with the wedding coordinator,etc. We also plan on buying some of our OOT bag supplies locally to try and save room/weight in our luggage. We plan on buying some local Mexican chocolate, and souvenirs. We also plan on buying a bunch of postcards, which will become our "Guest book". We will ask guests to fill in their favorite memory of the trip and mail the postcard before they leave for home. So we will need to find a local post office for postage. Then once all the guests have departed we will still have 4 days to relax and enjoy. We will be at the Sensatori the whole time. I don't want to repack. (we had to do that on our site inspection trip, because the hotel was overbooked for the first 3 days. And it honestly ate up a days' time, just repacking, transfer and then settling into the next place.)
I know Amy F went a couple days early too and I think that's the BEST idea! It would have been nice if I knew the lay of the land, had met all of the bar tenders & beach butlers, and gotten to know what restaurants to go to on what days and all of the activities prior to all the guests coming. B/c once everyone is at the resort, your time is spent with them!

Quote:
And another questionhuh.gif How long are/did you stay in Mexico for your wedding? We are planning 14 days...7 for wedding and family and friends...7 just for us....did all of you stay in just 1 resort? Or did you go to a different place? We are thinking of maybe going to Cozumel for the second week...but still totally up in the air....
We stayed for 12 nights and it was the perfect amount of time!

We arrived on Monday, had Tuesday & Wednesday to chill out, meet with the coordinator, test our signature drinks, scope the property, practice our first dance by moonlight up on the Skydeck (snuck up there one night), prepare all our OOT bags & fill our little bags with Jordan almonds etc. By time everyone arrived I was ancy and couldn't wait for them to arrive. Thursday were our bachelor/bachelorette parties in Cancun, Friday we had rehersal dinner and ceremony rehersal (once again in the dark which was hilarious) and then a Mojito welcome party with everyone. Saturday was the wedding, Sunday most people left and the last left on Tuesday which we then moved to another resort in Cancun until Friday.

Moving to another resort for 4 days was HEAVEN and such a great decision. It was the resort I originally wanted to have my wedding at and it was definitely more pricey than AS. The food at this place was just unbelievable and it was so gorgeous. We just slept, relaxed and did a zipline/cenote excursion one day.

It was the perfect trip, I wouldn't change it for the world. Then we had Saturday & Sunday to relax after going back to work on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
We stayed for 12 nights and it was the perfect amount of time!

and then a Mojito welcome party with everyone.
Did you just have everyone meet at the Mojito bar or was this a "private" event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Moving to another resort for 4 days was HEAVEN and such a great decision. It was the resort I originally wanted to have my wedding at and it was definitely more pricey than AS. The food at this place was just unbelievable and it was so gorgeous. We just slept, relaxed and did a zipline/cenote excursion one day.

What was the other resort you switched to? I think we decided to stay at Azul the whole time....but our TA said there were travel people at the resort who we could only talk to to switch resorts if we decided to last minute.

And the deposit has been paid for the hotel...we have a wedding date and a hotel confirmation :) I am as planned as I can be right now. I decided to stay with destinationweddings.com TA...she has been so helpful and has gotten us so much information...I couldn't justify switching to save $10 a person with all the work she has done. And I assume that if I do hear of someone getting a better rate, then my rate can be matched :)

Quote:
Did you just have everyone meet at the Mojito bar or was this a "private" event?

What was the other resort you switched to? I think we decided to stay at Azul the whole time....but our TA said there were travel people at the resort who we could only talk to to switch resorts if we decided to last minute.
I made a timeline with activities daily and put it in each OOT bag and told everyone to be @ the Mojito Lounge by 7:30pm, not private. Everyone showed up to hang out and drink, even my photographer! I bought name tags and my MOH went around and put people's name and title (Aunt, Uncle, Bridesmaid) on everyone and they all mingled and got to know each other it was fun! There was an Abba tribute band playing which was hysterical but everyone was dancing.

Le Blanc in Cancun. I really wanted to move to Cancun so we could walk around the city and experience the gorgeous ocean. AS is in the middle of the jungle, you couldn't walk to anywhere excpet a neighboring resort from it so I wanted to stay in an area we could go check out local attractions and that blue, blue ocean.