Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
AH! And here you come to my rescue! Thanks!!!

It's just that I am 3 months and 3 days out and really hate to waste my energy educating another WC on what the one I had before should have already known. But then again it was Tiffany and she was so slow to respond and certainly didn't have her stuff together. Here's hoping Carolina will be a gem. :) Fingers crossed.

Hi Amanda,

Carolina is great! She is my WC and she's been wonderful so far! You will be very happy with her.

Cheers,
Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
24 days to go and I feel like I still have everything to do!!!!!! I've pretty much ordered everything, just waiting for it to be delivered so I can start organizing everything. Maybe once everything gets here I'll feel like I've accomplished more. I am looking forward to my bridal shower this Saturday though. It's going to be a Sex and the City Theme. We're going to wear stilletos and sip Cosmos!
That's so soon. Lucky you! And you'll be fine. I am sure you'll get it all together in time!

I just saw your ticker. You are 3 weeks and 3 days out. I am 3 months and 3days out. Yay. :)

Also, your bridal shower sounds like fun. I am having mine next weekend. I know that's early by I am traveling back home to Baltimore for a weekend full of festivities. It's my mom's bday and we are having my son's 1st bday back there so we can be with family. Its alvery exciting just a lot to get done in the 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Random question: did you guys do wedding favors or just OOT bags?
I'm thinking we're gonna do both. We've started getting things for the OOT bags and I have to say that we've lucked up so far and everything was only $1 (except the Spanish for Dummies - $1.50) So I imagine we'll be spending like $10/bag. FI wants to stop it there and I may agree later on but I wanted to give out a small photo album to have them put pics from the wedding in. "Capture the Moments" Mini Satin Photo Album Since we have less than 50 guests coming I wanted to take the time out for FI and I to take a pic with each family and send that photo with our thank you cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post
Hey Meredith-I'm looking at yours right now..I like that you have a dedication page...might have to add that to my work in progress page. What do you have on your For the Bridesmaids and Groomsmen? Might have to steal that too :)
Yeah, I actually haven't put anything up there yet (obviously). I thought FI would have used it before I did but he hasn't done anything with it either. On the Bridesmaids/Groomsmen page it's updates for them. I wasn't crafty enough to do a newsletter so when I need to update them I shoot them an email and tell them to refer to the site. I did it this way because when it's all over we can get the website saved to CD and I wanted to keep all that info in one place. The password is meredith if you want to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrommert View Post
Lindz, I went to hobby lobby and bought clear containers with Lids and hot glued a hot pink bow(my colors) on it. The container was for each guest to take home sand in. I love going to my friends house and seeing their little sand jar, soo cute
That was a good idea. I was going to use the sand from Mexico for our sand ceremony in addition to purple sand....and its free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
also, we're planning to copy amykh and have the cigar roller so we might have matches done up, with the same logo as "favours" for everyone's table setting.
I'm doing the cigar roller too and didn't think about matches. Those are pretty cheap too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
I had menu cards on the tables and then these cute felt bags with candy in them and a note that a donation was made in our guests honor to the American Cancer Society (FI's Dad died of leukemia). It was cute but I don't think it was all necessary. They decorated the table with nice plates and fancy napkins, so that with the centerpieces and the table numbering and I had hot pink table runners, it really would have been just as nice with out it all!

Felt Favor Bag with Flower
Really cute bags! You really had some good finds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Marla, I love your engagement story! How amazingly great that he got everyone in the restaurant to participate!!! Soooo glad you got your ring put back together.

Meredith, I love your engagement story! He really put some thought into it with the stones, apple and all. Too cute he was sleeping!!

You have one gorgeous wedding party, BTW. The best man looks SHARP in his picture!

Neither. I had grand ideas of things I wanted to do for favors, but DH convinced me that our families weren't the keepsake kind of people. And he was right. Anything we gave them would have most likely ended up in the trash. If we'd had friends there it might have been a different story.

Our "favor" to our guests was a sailing trip.
Marla - I agree...that was very creative of him!! I'm glad your ring worked out afterall. That would've been a shame if they couldn't fix it. It's similar to my ring.

Wendy - Thx! I was always paranoid that I would be caught off guard and I would wind up being embarrassed or something. I always imagined him doing it in front of a bunch of people. But what he did was great and we'll always be able to laugh about it! That's also one reason I made him get down on one knee in our engagement photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Lindz, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the book!!!!! Holy smokes you are HOT!!!!! I absolutely adore that cute white outfit in the first couple pages!
I liked the white too but my fav was the pink! Very sexy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Meredith - LOL! I just read your engagement story after Wendy mentioned it and I got curious... That's hysterical! What a cute little setup and all that planning to sleep right through his own proposal. I would have been screaming like a banchee, like where is he?! Who do I respond to!!!
I was!!! I was running around the house cause I thought he was somewhere hiding and waiting for my response/reaction. I ran everywhere opening doors and screaming. Lo and behold the last door I opened was the guest room and there he was looking like "what's going on"!!! Hilarious! So we started calling everyone and his cousin asked, "Did she say yes?" He looked at me and was like I don't even know! He told her, "I assume it's yes she's running around with the ring on her finger." Definitely not what I always imagined but priceless all the same!

Quote:
I have more questions (shocking I know :) ) My sister's friend got back to me with pricing and at this point can only save us about $10 per person because it is so far out from our actual wedding date. How far in advance did you book the resort...I have the wedding date confirmed and the deposit for that is already paid..so that part is taken care of. The new TA is saying it might be better to wait a little while to see what kind of deals and promotions might be available. Help Please :)
I would say ask her about price matching. My TA said that if we found a lower rate anywhere that she would match the price. Needless to say, my guests have been on top of that, they even called other TAs and no one has beaten her price yet. Maybe if she offers that your guests will at least be reassured that they're getting a deal.

Quote:
OK....so sorry to cut that short but I just recieved an email from my TA that my WC has been replaced. So not that I was the biggest fan of my AS WC (Tiffany) but now I am worried that everything that she's confirmed is going to get lost somewhere and I will have to spend hours digging through emails and such to catch my new WC or prove that I deals that I've been able to negotitate with Tiffany.

Maybe I am freaking for no reason, but you ladies all know how it is. I am sure one of you will tell me not to worry and that's exactly why I came here first! So thanks in advance!

I also wanted to see if anyone has worked with or is working with my new WC, Carolina and what your thoughts are about her. Please share if you don't mind.

Thanks so much!
I don't have her but I think it will all be fine. Like AmyKH said, they have all your info in a spreadsheet. When all else fails ask for a supervisor. I'd say don't stress about anything unecessary. Cross that bridge only IF you come to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
24 days to go and I feel like I still have everything to do!!!!!! I've pretty much ordered everything, just waiting for it to be delivered so I can start organizing everything. Maybe once everything gets here I'll feel like I've accomplished more. I am looking forward to my bridal shower this Saturday though. It's going to be a Sex and the City Theme. We're going to wear stilletos and sip Cosmos!
cheer2.gif I'm so excited for you! I love the theme of your shower....sounds ultra fab! I hope you have lots of fun!

Quote:
Also, your bridal shower sounds like fun. I am having mine next weekend. I know that's early by I am traveling back home to Baltimore for a weekend full of festivities. It's my mom's bday and we are having my son's 1st bday back there so we can be with family. Its alvery exciting just a lot to get done in the 3 days.
This sound like lots of fun too! Definitely make sure you have an energy shot or two. Who needs sleep when you're gonna have all of that going on? Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
I plan to do OOT bags. Having a larger wedding it might end up getting pretty costly, depending on what goes in them. So we'll see what actually ends up going in them in the end. blush2.gif I'm DEFINITELY going to do either beer koozies or stadium cups that have a logo on them so that everyone can sort of "recognize" who's there with our group.

also, we're planning to copy amykh and have the cigar roller so we might have matches done up, with the same logo as "favours" for everyone's table setting.

Marla and Miriam GREAT WEBSITES!! They're both wonderful. Congrats on all that hard work.
Ok thanks!! Right now, I am just doing OOT bags...and they are FILLED with crap. Wasn't really wanting to fork out more money for favors. And we are leaving straight from the reception to go to Coco Bongo, so I was thinking people would just leave them behind anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrommert View Post
Lindz, I went to hobby lobby and bought clear containers with Lids and hot glued a hot pink bow(my colors) on it. The container was for each guest to take home sand in. I love going to my friends house and seeing their little sand jar, soo cute
ohhhh that's super cute!!!!!!!! Maybe I can leave those at check out?!!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
I had menu cards on the tables and then these cute felt bags with candy in them and a note that a donation was made in our guests honor to the American Cancer Society (FI's Dad died of leukemia). It was cute but I don't think it was all necessary. They decorated the table with nice plates and fancy napkins, so that with the centerpieces and the table numbering and I had hot pink table runners, it really would have been just as nice with out it all!

Felt Favor Bag with Flower
That is SO sweet!!!!!!!! Thank you for the feedback about the tables too!

Quote:
I have more questions (shocking I know :) ) My sister's friend got back to me with pricing and at this point can only save us about $10 per person because it is so far out from our actual wedding date. How far in advance did you book the resort...I have the wedding date confirmed and the deposit for that is already paid..so that part is taken care of. The new TA is saying it might be better to wait a little while to see what kind of deals and promotions might be available. Help Please :)
Are you talking about booking the resort for your guests? We waited as long as we could...Our rates started out a lot higher than we ended up getting them for. A lot of negotiation took place!! I think we sent out a "must book now" email back in April...so 4 months before.