Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
AmyKH, I see from your siggy that you have another reception in a couple months?! Wow girl you really know how to get married!!!! As I recall, this one is being throw for you, right?
I was going to say the exact same thing! Amy know I AM CERTAIN that you live the fab life! Stop trying to deny it.

Quote:
Hiya ladies! Wow, I go MIA for a week and have sooooo much to catch up on!

My AHR rocked and was so so so so so much fun! It was full of good times and mayhem out on the lake. Perfect weather. I'll post some pics when I have the chance. Everyone was so excited that I wore my dress, and for those of you who remember my botched wedding cake, my AHR cake and cupcakes were perfect!

Lindz, I am officially off the To Do list! HOOOOOORAY! smile123.gif

I think I had enough fun for everyone on here! Thank you! I feel lucky to have been able to celebrate twice. And they were both such different celebrations. Some of the details I planned for this worked out well, others were either a dumb idea to try on a boat or didn't matter cuz it was just wonderful craziness!
!
Congrats! And really great advice! Your party looked like so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini View Post
That's exactly what we ended up doing! The Calvin Klein suit is exactly what we were picturing!
They are nice right? Now I just need to find some sage green ties to match my BM's dresses. What colors are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
My photographer just put up some of the Pro photos on his FB page as well if anyone wants to see them :)
I saw them at work today. Wow. I am totally envious. The pics are great and looks like you guys had an amazing time. Honestly, I spend so much time on this forum and chatting with you ladies and looking at your photos that I am started to feel like I know you. Especially you Amy because your info comes up on my facebook feed everyday and with all the weeding pics hard not to look. Please don't be scared though. wink.gif He he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post
hi, i booked almost 5 weeks ago & have been told by thomson it takes 6-8 weeks for confirmation sad.gifwtf.gif
Wow, I think it took mine about a week to get back to me. I would circle back on that.

Quote:
I am of a different opinion than Artistique. Sunset for me was 7:05pm and I chose a 4pm ceremony so that I would have plenty of good light. I didn't want long shadows in my pictures. I think it all depends on what you're looking for. If you do want sunset time, make sure you see some shots from the photog you pick taken at that time of day. Not everyone is good at capturing shots in that light.

And yes, picking the photog is definitely hard! For us the resort was the hardest choice, photog came a close second!
Something for West Coast ladies to keep in mind. The sun sets in the West so while you'll get the "magic hour" no matter where you get married, assuming you shoot at the right time, but you won't capture the actual sunset. FI just reminded me of this and I got so sad about it. I know it will be beautiful no matter what. After all I've seen pics from the other ladies married in the afternoon. Everything looks magical.

Quote:
I've created a quick slideshow highlighting our AHR this past weekend.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

As most of you know, we rented a party barge on Lake Travis and took everyone out for a few hours. I had planned and planned for this, having almost as many details as our wedding. Some materialized and others never happened once we got on the boat. For example, I had planned to decorate the cupcakes with pink and orange cocktail umbrellas but well, that just didn't seem to matter when the time came! We were having too much fun and the most important thing was getting the cake cut before a big wave hit and toppled everything over, LOL. Such is life when you choose a party barge to host your event! Details or no, everyone had such a blast.
FI and I just looked. He normally isn't interested during my "forum" time but since he is from Austin he had to check them out. Looks like you guys had a blast. How hot is it there now? Looked like everyone was staying pretty cool.

BTW, I am sure that you all have probably experienced this by now but FI thinks I am crazy for talking about you guys and your weddings. He thinks I live off in this virtual world somewhere talking about a bunch of fake people and their fake weddings. I had to remind him that without this forum and my "virtual world" that I would be completely lost and much more stressed without all of your tips and advice. To that he cheers'd me. :)

Quote:
LOVE it! You're right it looked like soooo much fun! It's amazing how things can go totally wrong or just wrong and you don't even care because you're having such a great time. You two look so happy and so adorable, gorgeous cake and flowers!

I love that we both had cupcakes! Mine did get decorated but the thing that went horribly wrong for me was that the 30 person amazing limo NEVER showed up. I called to find out where it was and got put on hold for 10 minutes. Called back and busy... my MOH's husband call and he tells me they will be here in 7 minutes. Meanwhile, they are an hour late and I had to call the Chapel and tell them I had no clue when I'd arrive. Luckily for me it's Vegas and they do weddings every 15 minutes and said they'd squeeze me in :)

So, here comes rickity party bus (NOT what I ordered) to pick us up, flickering lights, no music, no AC. 5 minutes in, breaks down on the freeway... hence my real hitch hiking photos :) We all had the best time on the side of the freeway it was hysterical! Replacement party bus picks us up, music, AC, lights, 2 stripper poles, ok good... guy tries to leave us at the chapel, MOH's husband works a deal. All in all great night, limo company, so going down.

Thanks girl, I totally went overboard by bringing Chris but it was worth it, I can't wait to see the rest of the pix!
WTH? Transportation breakdown. I'm glad you were able to get passed all that. Seems like you all had a blast. It is really so amazing that you had so many friends come and that they could come to both. What, do you all live the fab life?

Quote:
AmyKH, LOVE the wedding video!! It looks like you all had such a good time. And I also checked out Chris's pics on FB. Fab!!! So jealous you got pro shots for this event.
Yay! And ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlover36 View Post
Hey Ladies. So I too will no longer (98% sure) be an AB bride. I am soo fed up right now. They can't give my TA projected completion date so I am pretty much going to pull the 38 rooms we had booked. Grr.

And my TA just suggested Beaches Turks & Caicos...no offense but why in the world would she suggest that 300+ room resort with Sesame Street characters everywhere?! Its actually comical. I don't get how she would think that me saying I love AB's intimacy that BTC would be a plausible suggestion!
Gingerlover, I'm soooo sorry to hear this!!!! We loved AB too but chose AS to appease the kids, so I feel your pain. Someone may have already suggested this, but if you don't have kids in your party, can you possibly move to one of the El Dorado'shuh.gif Those resorts are really nice looking as well and I believe intimate and tiny like AB. If you feel Karisma is not doing enough to compensate for the inconvenience, I would relocate. I know this is easier said than done, but I'd hate to see you giving cash to people you feel didn't accomodate you as a customer. :-( I'm really sorry Girl! grouphug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMDC View Post
Hi ladies. New to the site and have loved reading through all of your messages! My FI and I are seriously considering AS for our July 2011 DW. We are still finalizing the date and working through details but I will post as I know more. Best wishes to all who have upcoming weddings.
Welcome LMMDC!!! welcome.gif These ladies in this here forum are the best! If you have the chance to go back and read through the thread, you will find invaluable info that the WC could never provide. Happy Planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post
Hi girls,

Still too new to really understand the posting system on here, but was wondering if anyone would be willing to share with me your costs related with this resort? I read a few posts that have said this resort is pricey sad.gif
Welcome TLG! I think any and all resorts could become pricey contingent upon your selections and desires. It all depends on you what you want. There is a wedding package price list on the Karisma site you might want to check out to help you decide. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boam2be View Post
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your wedding day confirmed?

Mines been over a week, and im starting to worry. Do they take a while as my FI thinks im over reacting?
It took a little over a week for our date confirmation. Look at it this way, they say no news is good news! I know this can be a period of anticipation, but it does take them a little time to communicate from TA (if you are working w/ one) to Miami to Mexico and back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Season View Post
I wanted to introduce myself as I'm making my way through reading this thread (only 800 more pages, yes!). We are getting married at the Azul Sensatori on January 15, 2011 at 5 PM. We're working from Karilyn at destinationweddings.com, who is excellent. We've sent out our save-the-dates and I have my dress and that's about all we've done so far. We're planning on a beach wedding at 5, dinner/reception at 6 with DJ or iPod and having Caribe as photographers. I'm excited that there's so much information in this thread-- I feel like I have real support here and it's great not to feel alone (or crazy!).

This may be covered a few hundred pages down the line, but I am having trouble getting in touch with Kiara from Karisma. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I've e-mailed her June 8th and 22nd and still no response. We just have two questions at this point:

1) the size/shape of the dance floor for an outdoor reception and where guests will be seated in relation to it (we're working with our dance instructor for our first dance) and
2) if we want our guests to choose their dinner meal, should we include the options on our invitation response card?

If anyone knows the answers to these already, please do tell! Otherwise, I'll be giving her a call this Friday (and may just call anyway to see if she really exists!).

Thanks again for allowing me and everyone hear to share in the fun and not-so-fun of planning your celebrations. I look forward to learning more about you and your big day!
Welcome Season! Karilyn is our TA as well and we LOVE her!!!! I don't have any of the answers to your questions....but I wish you well. I thought I saw the dimensions of the rented dance floor on the Lomas site, but I could be wrong. We also aren't assigned to Kiara....so again, I'm useles to you. :-) Wish I could be of assistance to you!

Quote:
I've created a quick slideshow highlighting our AHR this past weekend.
Wendy! You guys looked like you truly enjoyed yourselves!!! What a fun way to celebrate your union! I loved the slide and picture of you guys jumping from the top of the boat! Congrats again and thanks for sharing!!!

Quote:
So, here comes rickity party bus (NOT what I ordered) to pick us up, flickering lights, no music, no AC. 5 minutes in, breaks down on the freeway... hence my real hitch hiking photos :) We all had the best time on the side of the freeway it was hysterical! Replacement party bus picks us up, music, AC, lights, 2 stripper poles, ok good... guy tries to leave us at the chapel, MOH's husband works a deal. All in all great night, limo company, so going down.
I LOVE your photos and your video had me sitting here grinning at the pc screen!!!!!! Your ceremony had a lot of character and I'm sure not a soul in that room will forget it! And your description of the rickety bus had me giggling! Give that limo company hell from bridezilla land!!! ;-) Beautiful Amy!!!

Wendy, I forgot to tell you that I LOVED your dress and I thought it was VERY classy!!! I have to go over and check out your pro pics because I keep forgetting to, but I thought from your AHR reception pics that you made a beautiful bride. FI looked at your pics with me and thought your boat idea was real cool!!! He said he would like to do something like that and I had to reel him back in to focus on the budget at hand for AS! Very nice and you and Amy will have memories to last a lifetime!!!

Quote:
Or Sapphire ties would be really cool!
I really like that idea too. Sounds really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
Re the photog situation. I think it depends on how important it is to you. I was one of those brides that honestly didn't care about anything but the photography, but that was me. I think you get less for your buck through the resort photogs, but if you don't want to spend too much then that may be the route to go!
So apparently I'm confused and it wasn't you Nicole that used Caribe. smile35.gif Was it Afrommert?

Quote:
Hi ladies! Alright, I successfully got my Vegas Ceremony video onto YouTube!

Please let me know if you'd like to see it and don't share it, I put up there for you girls and some friends and family to see, hope you like it!

The moment of laughter and ring confusion in the middle is this... BM had both rings, MOH was freaking out because she didn't have ring so when I turned to hand over my flowers, she is laughing and red and pulls off her engagement/wedding band and hands it to me and I'm like what are you doing? She goes "I don't have his ring!!!" Good times :)
U know I want it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlover36 View Post
Hey Ladies. So I too will no longer (98% sure) be an AB bride. I am soo fed up right now. They can't give my TA projected completion date so I am pretty much going to pull the 38 rooms we had booked. Grr.

And my TA just suggested Beaches Turks & Caicos...no offense but why in the world would she suggest that 300+ room resort with Sesame Street characters everywhere?! Its actually comical. I don't get how she would think that me saying I love AB's intimacy that BTC would be a plausible suggestion!
This sucks! I'm sorry you're going thru this. I wonder how much good business they'll lose before they change their practices?! I agree with you on BTC. Are you having kids? Maybe one of the Sandals resorts will be a better alternative if you're not.

Quote:
LOL my birthday was a week before my AHR and I didn't want to do ANYTHING! I was so planned out. We ended up doing a quiet dinner with just 3 of us but honestly I could have just stayed home on the couch!
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WENDY!! thewave.gif

Quote:
smile43.gif I'm so pissed for you!! wtf.gif
I would definitely take them down Amy, that's soooo unprofessional. I'm glad you had fun despite it all but I know you were looking forward to that.

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY AMYKH (in case I miss you Sunday)!!! smile29.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
I was going to say the exact same thing! Amy know I AM CERTAIN that you live the fab life! Stop trying to deny it.

BTW, I am sure that you all have probably experienced this by now but FI thinks I am crazy for talking about you guys and your weddings. He thinks I live off in this virtual world somewhere talking about a bunch of fake people and their fake weddings. I had to remind him that without this forum and my "virtual world" that I would be completely lost and much more stressed without all of your tips and advice. To that he cheers'd me. :)
Re: Amy -I know Amanda...Amy is downplaying it all, but it's cool. Stay humble! Lol.
Re: BDW - I keep saying the same thing. Lately I have nothing of substance to talk about unless it involves the wedding (sad, I know). But now I have you ladies for reference. I may mention one of you and what you're doing and my MOH is like, "who are you talking about, you're new friends?" It's kinda hilarious.

Ladies, I'm heartbroken because I will not be able to do a site visit next week.frown.gif However, I have to say that AS was very accommodating and my WC set it all up. The problem came from my end because my mom INSISTS I'm destitute and need to save my money for the wedding/honeymoon. wtf.gif Too bad she's been talking about what she's gonna do for 60 for the past 2 years. So, I, in no way wanted my wedding to interfere with that. I got sick of fussing about it so the cruise is officially off. I still tried to look into keeping my site visit appointment but flights are more expensive than I expected.

Lindz, sorry I'm late!

Meredith's list

1. Insure my ring - DONE!

2. Cocktail party decor - DECIDED ON IT BUT NOT PURCHASED

3. Follow up on invites

4. Work on AHR - VENUE BOOKED!!

5. Come up with ideas for BM's shirts - WAS TOLD NOT TO

6. Decide on menu for reception - ALL ON FI

7. Get thread for welcome bag monograms

Meredith's new to do's:

1. Invites, invites, invites

2. Get thread for welcome bag monograms

3. Stay on FI about menu

4. Buy luggage tags for welcome bags

5. Buy paper lanterns and candle holders

6. Start looking for gifts for my helpers

7. Book cigar roller for reception

8. Buy confetti for ceremony

Does anyone know what DJ they use at the resort? I've seen a lot of good reviews on DJ Doremixx but I think he'll wind up being about the same price as the one they offer once you pay the outside vendor fee. I know we've probably discussed it before but I just decided to try to get one so I didn't pay attention before.smile35.gif We were going to use our iPods but that's making me nervous now for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Re: Amy -I know Amanda...Amy is downplaying it all, but it's cool. Stay humble! Lol.
Re: BDW - I keep saying the same thing. Lately I have nothing of substance to talk about unless it involves the wedding (sad, I know). But now I have you ladies for reference. I may mention one of you and what you're doing and my MOH is like, "who are you talking about, you're new friends?" It's kinda hilarious.
I talk about you guys all the time. Everyone is confused and thinks you guys are all in Houston and that I talk face to face with you. I have to explain in's on the forum. My FI finally realizes that being on the form makes me calm and happy so I leave him to his video games and he leaves me to the forum. It's a great arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Ladies, I'm heartbroken because I will not be able to do a site visit next week.frown.gif However, I have to say that AS was very accommodating and my WC set it all up. The problem came from my end because my mom INSISTS I'm destitute and need to save my money for the wedding/honeymoon. wtf.gif Too bad she's been talking about what she's gonna do for 60 for the past 2 years. So, I, in no way wanted my wedding to interfere with that. I got sick of fussing about it so the cruise is officially off. I still tried to look into keeping my site visit appointment but flights are more expensive than I expected.
Sorry to hear that sad.gif

Were any of you participating in the Karisma (El Dorado/Azul) webinar last night? It provided a great overview, beautiful pictures, and answered a few FAQs. One of the interesting points is that through one of their promotions, you get money towards your first anniversary stay and you can use this toward a stay at any of their 5 resorts! Since we are doing AS for the wedding, I thought it would be fun to go back to one of the adult only places if we return.