Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
So Ladies, I just found out this week that I may be able to do a site visit!! I'm so anxious about it it's crazy. My mom is turning 60 this year and wanted to go to Paris but due to my wedding and my sister's divorce we had to downgrade that unfortunately. I suggested a cruise which is her fav vacay and it stops in Cozumel! The cruise is 2 weeks from now. Does anyone know the best way for me to get to AS from Cozumel? The 20 min flight from Cozumel to Cancun was suspended and I hear the bus from PM to Cozumel is very sporadic and I can't miss the boat smile41.gif

Also, I know a lot of you are anxious about certain things so IF I can find a safe way to get back and forth AND get back to the boat in time, I'll be willing to scope out things that you guys need. My WC Cecile made it seem like its no big deal to get the site visit scheduled and she offered me a food tasting. I'm just waiting for her to get back to me about the cake tasting. I feel like I've gotten so much info from the ladies on here so the only thing I'm still nervous about is the food. So, I'll keep you posted on all of this. The dat for the site visit would be Tuesday, July 13th.
Meredith....I am BEYOND envious that you will have a chance to do a site visit!!! What a way to put your mind at ease! cheer2.gif I have been secretly doing calculations in my head about ways to get down there and do a site visit! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post
Does anyone know what type of dinner is included in the packages for reception? Also, I could not find the additional cost for chairs.
If you go on the Karisma site you can download the pdf. wedding package which details all of the wedding reception food menu options. I have attached it for your below.

WeddingBanquetKit.pdf

Hey girls!!! Ok, time to check in with your to-do's!!!!! Scratch off what you got completed and add to the list...here is a reminder for what everyone was aiming for!

STARTING Monday, June 14, 2010 ENDING Sunday, June 27, 2010

We will check in with what is done either as it’s done or every other Friday and start a new list!

The futuremrslutz's (Lindsey) To Do's:

1) Book flights to Cancun (they keep going up and down...guess we just need to book and take the risk)

2) Assemble and mail invites (these will go out by Wednesday)-DONE!!!!!!!

3) Order OOT stuff-Have started this!

4) Book Vegas Wedding (Ryan is handling the entire weekend, except the actual wedding part...I will handle this.)

5) Bachelorette Party Favors-DONE!!!!!

6) Order linens, candles, chair ties (already ordered samples), etc

7) Book DJ

8 ) Finalize Thursday night party

9) Create Mock table set up with pics for the reception

10) Update website-DONE!!!!!

11) Decide on vowels

12) Order rose petals for the isle

13) Order garter, hair accessory, jewelry, etc

14) Bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts

Taylorwd's new To Dos

1. Find new baker

2. Make a site visit to the party barge

3. Finish playlist

4. Delegate barge setup

5. Find extra coolers and trashcans

6. Resew missing buttons on wedding dress

7. Exchange/Return decorations

AmandaMarieB’s To Do’s:

- Register (hopefully today and yes I realize we are very behind on this)- DONE!!!

- Order fiance's wedding band

- Recieve and sign photog contract- DONE

- Request rates for a BD shoot (Chris Schmidt?)

- Work-out

- Begin Qt Extreme Cleanse

-Order gold bags for rose petals

- Follow up on quote for real touch flowers and possibly order blume boxes -DECIDED ON REAL FLOWERS

- Make sure photo booth stand will work

- Find images and begin mock-up of post-cards using for guest book

- Send mom guest list so she can keep track of RSVP cards -DONE

-Begin searching for table card holders that will fit the polaroid-type photos from the photo booth

-Receieve suit swatch samples and email groomsmen to order (assuming we like the swatches) - FI WANTS TO HANDLE

-Start thinking baout hair and make-up

-Start writing ceremony

-Figure out DJ

-Revise flower choices and figure out centerpeices

-Order postcards from VistaPrint while they have the 100 free promotion

-Email FI's dad about helping with cake topper

-Send revisions/additions to the cocktail menu

Kittenheart (Amy)’s To Do’s:

Book room for someone

Go get fun stuff @ Party City

Receive invites and stamps, mail out ASAP

Decide on flowers, purch or not

Receive cupcake papers & toppers & buy cupcake stand

Receive DH's bowtie & suspenders

Order cupcakes

Order things on sticks

Go food shopping at Costco for snacks and booze for MOH to bring

Pull out cash for transportation

Create guest list to give to Skyloft peeps

Have MOH email boys to get tacky suits

Decide on hair and makeup and get photos for hair/makeup chick artist

Get jars for flowers

Buy sunglasses, necklaces etc for peeps

Have DH get cigars

Have twin make iPod playlist

Meredith's new list

1. Insure my ring

2. Cocktail party decor

3. Follow up on invites

4. Work on AHR

5. Come up with ideas for BM's shirts

6. Decide on menu for reception

7. Get thread for welcome bag monograms

Daniepps To Do’s

1. Buy tiara

2. Find and buy comb/barette

3. Find and buy jewelry

4. Find and buy bridesmaids jewelry

5. Get heels on shoes cut down-DONE

6. Make reception playlist-DONE

7. Buy placecard holders

8. Print menus and placecards

9. Buy unity sand set

10. Order programs-DONE

11. Decide what to do for centerpieces

12. Order paper lanters

13. Order bridal party t-shirts

14. Buy OOT bags and contents

15. Order reception favors

16. Order ceremony stuff- bubbles/tissues/rose petals

17. Pay for Ty's wedding band

18. Finalize ceremony

Quote:
Does anyone know what type of dinner is included in the packages for reception? Also, I could not find the additional cost for chairs.
For the dinner included in the wedding package, I used that for my "welcome dinner". When I met with the wedding coordinator, they gave me the menu the chef was going to serve. You might have some leeway in changing it, but we were happy as is. It was a salad, choice of 2 different soups, choice of chicken or fish, and choice of 2 desserts.

In any event, I do not think you will know the menu until you get to Mexico. If you use that meal for your reception, know it is not a private event and I am not sure the extent they can decorate for you. There will also not be an area of rmusic & speeches designated. Of course if you have a small group, you can always do speeches at the table - and Azul will give you a private area of the dining room - you just dont get the entire thing.

Quote:
I am going with the Mexican Donkey Cocktail as a Welcoming party and the Petit Gourmet package for the reception. I am not sure what is included in the way of tables, chairs, linens, etc so if anyone does let me know too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
1) Book flights to Cancun (they keep going up and down...guess we just need to book and take the risk)
Airlines will typically drop rates Tuesday/Wednesday/maybe Thursday then they go up again for the weekend. The best day to book is usually a Tuesday. Also, flying on a Tuesday/Wednesday is usually cheaper than on a Friday or weekend. Play around with different combos of arrival and departure days and there will be an amazing difference. The flights we take to Cancun range from $780 for two to $948 for two, sometimes in the same week! Keep an eye on it over a few weeks and you will start to see the patterns. Hope that helps!

:) Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
We had a guest put a deposit down, and cancel. We also just had 4 guests book in 24 hours of leaving! I think we are at 50...not even sure!

Amy, Have a wonderful Vegas wedding! :)

We are leaving right now! The limo is here so my message has to be quick! Can't wait to share when we get back :) :)
WOW, 4 more people?! Procrastination at it's finest! Can't wait to hear the reason for that one :)

Thanks Meghan! Have an amazing time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
ladies, have n awesome time! can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks! Ridiculous, favorite Vegas trip by far! I'm going to do a planning/review thread.

Quote:
Thanks! I can't take ALL of the credit for the idea. FI came up with the Greek letters and I thought the idea was amazing. I didn't even think we would find someone to do them. Did you see them on my facebook?

You are definitely paying it forward girl!!!

You are definitely welcome to come, just let me know. I don't want to give off the idea that this AHR will be ultra fab tho. Depends on the finances after November! I do think the weekend will be very fun tho. We'll probably be typsy from Fri thru Tues!!! It's the 1st Mardi Gras I've had off in awhile so I'm really excited.

OMG Ladies!!! AmyKH, Meghan and Wendy....hope you ladies are having fun for me!!!
Brilliant idea! I didn't see your FB, I'll have to check it!

It doesn't have to be glamorous or dripping with money to be fabulous, trust me! As long as people have fun, which is pretty much my favorite thing to do, then it's going to be amazing! I will totally let you know if I can make it :)

Quote:
So Ladies, I just found out this week that I may be able to do a site visit!! I'm so anxious about it it's crazy. My mom is turning 60 this year and wanted to go to Paris but due to my wedding and my sister's divorce we had to downgrade that unfortunately. I suggested a cruise which is her fav vacay and it stops in Cozumel! The cruise is 2 weeks from now. Does anyone know the best way for me to get to AS from Cozumel? The 20 min flight from Cozumel to Cancun was suspended and I hear the bus from PM to Cozumel is very sporadic and I can't miss the boat smile41.gif

Also, I know a lot of you are anxious about certain things so IF I can find a safe way to get back and forth AND get back to the boat in time, I'll be willing to scope out things that you guys need. My WC Cecile made it seem like its no big deal to get the site visit scheduled and she offered me a food tasting. I'm just waiting for her to get back to me about the cake tasting. I feel like I've gotten so much info from the ladies on here so the only thing I'm still nervous about is the food. So, I'll keep you posted on all of this. The dat for the site visit would be Tuesday, July 13th.
How exciting!!!! Oh wow, that's soon! I hope you get to go. It would be easy to get over from Cozumel to Playa and then AS. Plan for a few hours though total getting from Cozumel to AS, traveling etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
I am going with the Mexican Donkey Cocktail as a Welcoming party and the Petit Gourmet package for the reception. I am not sure what is included in the way of tables, chairs, linens, etc so if anyone does let me know too!
They do include tables with linens on them, no chairs. They did bring out chairs for mine, I think my MOH asked and they moved some over.

Hi All

Sorry I've been MIA. Things at work and home have been a bit insane this past week (sigh). Promise I'll be back regularly very soon (hopefully on the very) and will catch up on my forum reading. Just wanted to wish Meghan a fantASTIC trip (she may already have left tho). I'm sure everything will be wonderful and know you'll make a gorgeous bride.

And AmyKH, congrats on the Vegas "legal" wedding! Can't wait to read all about it.

Hope everyone else is doing well and planning is going smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
We had a guest put a deposit down, and cancel. We also just had 4 guests book in 24 hours of leaving! I think we are at 50...not even sure!

Mine is still in my account too! And I am leaving right now!

Amy, Have a wonderful Vegas wedding! :)

We are leaving right now! The limo is here so my message has to be quick! Can't wait to share when we get back :) :)
Hope you are having a BLAST!!! You will be such a precious, beautiful bride!!!!! CONGRATS!

Hi ladies! Hope everything is going well! Congrats on your legal wedding Amy!!! I'm sure it was a blast! And it looks like I've missed Meghan sad.gif. But seriously, people booking in the last 24 hours!? Were they waiting to see the weather forcast or something? Geez.

Here's the current list of dates. Please PM me to be added. Thanks.

June 2010

July 2010

meghan - July 1, 2010

Meesh – July 10, 2009

momichele – July 24, 2010

Daniepps – July 31, 2010

August 2010

September 2010

Lecreatifbride - Sept 4, 2010

October 2010

amandamarieb – October 10, 2010

chong – October 10, 2010