Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Thanks for this info, Amy! How did you work out the rsvp options for this with your guests? Did you wait until you were there in Mexico and ask them interested/tell them they were invited or did you get the word out to them about this itenerary plan early?
So they way the Catamaran works is that you put 25% down on your estimated # of people going. The day of you can confirm numbers and pay the balance based on how many came in cash. My in laws did not want to keep $2k in cash on them, so I had to confirm #s the week before via email with all of my guests. Here is the invite email I sent to everyone and then I followed up the week before to confirm everyone still wanted to go:

Can you believe our wedding date is only 2 months away!?! We need to get numbers finalized for some of the activities we are planning for the week of fun in the sun in Mexico.

1) Wednesday May 26th - Ziplining, Snorkeling in cenote, and touring the Tulum Ruins
Cenotes are natural freshwater pools with underground caves and caverns, formed because of the porous limestone ground that makes up the Yucatan. Cenotes are found in only a few locations on earth. Combine Snorkeling in Cenotes and Zip Lining above the jungle canopy with the history of Mayan Ruins. This is a unique experience you will never forget. (you can always just "watch" one of these events if you want to do the other 2) Approx 6 hours round trip

2) Thursday May 27th - Cancun Clubbing Trip - in 2 private transfer vans, we leave the hotel at 8pm and start with a posh tequila bar on the Cancun strip. From there we will go to all the classics and crazies: Carlos & Charleys, Daddy Rock, Coco Bongo, etc! There will be an early bird shuttle pick up back to the hotel at 12am and a late night partying pick up at 2am! Note: each way is 30 mins drive.

3) Friday May 28th - "Rehearsal Dinner" Mexico style - Catamaran with reef snorkeling
All ages will be able to enjoy this relaxing boat ride, hosted by the groom's parents, xxx. We will be picked up at 2pm and will enjoy the 46ft catamaran "Paso Doble" for 4 hours: open bar and snacks included!

Please let me know what activities you are up for! Don't worry, last minute changes will probably be OK if you chicken out :)

And don't forget our website for updates and other stuff. And for those arriving Monday or Tuesday - we still have our Welcome Dinner Tuesday night the 25th followed by the Wedding Texas Hold Em Tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post

Can you believe our wedding date is only 2 months away!?! We need to get numbers finalized for some of the activities we are planning for the week of fun in the sun in Mexico.

1) Wednesday May 26th - Ziplining, Snorkeling in cenote, and touring the Tulum Ruins
Cenotes are natural freshwater pools with underground caves and caverns, formed because of the porous limestone ground that makes up the Yucatan. Cenotes are found in only a few locations on earth. Combine Snorkeling in Cenotes and Zip Lining above the jungle canopy with the history of Mayan Ruins. This is a unique experience you will never forget. (you can always just "watch" one of these events if you want to do the other 2) Approx 6 hours round trip

2) Thursday May 27th - Cancun Clubbing Trip - in 2 private transfer vans, we leave the hotel at 8pm and start with a posh tequila bar on the Cancun strip. From there we will go to all the classics and crazies: Carlos & Charleys, Daddy Rock, Coco Bongo, etc! There will be an early bird shuttle pick up back to the hotel at 12am and a late night partying pick up at 2am! Note: each way is 30 mins drive.

3) Friday May 28th - "Rehearsal Dinner" Mexico style - Catamaran with reef snorkeling
All ages will be able to enjoy this relaxing boat ride, hosted by the groom's parents, xxx. We will be picked up at 2pm and will enjoy the 46ft catamaran "Paso Doble" for 4 hours: open bar and snacks included!

Please let me know what activities you are up for! Don't worry, last minute changes will probably be OK if you chicken out :)

And don't forget our website for updates and other stuff. And for those arriving Monday or Tuesday - we still have our Welcome Dinner Tuesday night the 25th followed by the Wedding Texas Hold Em Tournament.
Man, I wanna be one of your guests! This all sounds like so much fun. I'm sure you guys had a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Thanks Amy....as always you are a wealth of info or a great source of things to keep in mind!
Thank you so much! What else am I gonna do on here since I'm no longer a bride to be :) I have to make myself useful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Thx! The sage sounds pretty, I'm gonna have to look it up.

We keep getting the short end of the stick for some reason but hopefully it will just make us stronger and allow people/businesses to learn from their mistakes. I feel for people who are just getting some sense of normalcy since Katrina and are going through this now. One of the pharmacists I used to work for always replied when someone asked how he was doing, "Oh, you know I'm good, you can't kill bad grass!" So, like bad grass, we are here to stay!!

OMG! After all of the trouble I went through to get my toppers made, I would have a mini fit!! Just our cake jewelry was over $300! And I know you put a lot of thought and time into your details. Did you flip out or what? After all of the nickel and diming they do, I'd want a refund for it expensive or not!!

Yeah, this is happening to us monthly it seems. We have people who swear they're coming but still haven't even called the TA (groomsmen included) and we have people who decided not to come and not tell us. Two of my cousins sing, so I was going to ask both of them to sing at the wedding. The older one told me she had to check her schedule since she's getting to be all big time now and the younger one is still on the guest list as we speak. Too bad their mom had to tell me that both of them weren't coming. I've only seen the two of them like a hundred times since planning began. I even brought it up at dinner the other day and the younger one never said a word. Guess I should change my siggy.
Sage green was one of my colors so I definitely think it will be gorgeous!

LOL! Bad grass, I love it!

No kidding, I'm still devastated over my cake toppers sad.gif I told the lady that made them and she offered to redo them for the same cost since her costs went up... do you think I should? I mean they won't be the same ones.

The same happened to me monthly too, I had 64 people confirm and tell me they wouldn't miss it for the world. 35 showed up. Every situation is different and times change but just know it happens and it is what it is. Just adjust your planning accordingly and move on, they are never worth the wasted stress or tears because your wedding day will still be the best day of your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlover36 View Post
PS Amy gorgeous BM dresses...AmyKH great advice about the cake topper...my sister just finished making mine and its great and both of us would be upset if it was trashed

PPS Today's the day we supposedly get answers about getting more rooms, construction etc. fingers crossed for good news

ppps my hair iron just broke! bad hair day!!
I agree Amy, I love your dresses!!

Thank you, I'm glad I mentioned it, it's not the worst thing in the world after all is said and done but still a bummer.

Good luck!!!

LOL, oh no! Get a new flat iron stat!

Quote:
So they way the Catamaran works is that you put 25% down on your estimated # of people going. The day of you can confirm numbers and pay the balance based on how many came in cash. My in laws did not want to keep $2k in cash on them, so I had to confirm #s the week before via email with all of my guests. Here is the invite email I sent to everyone and then I followed up the week before to confirm everyone still wanted to go:

Amy this sounds like so much fun! I read this going, yep I'd do that, and that, oh and definitely take the late van back, ooo hold em, fun!!

Quote:

cheer2.gifIt's almost your turn!!

If you don't mind me asking, what is a pre-wedding meet and greet? Is that for the bridal party?
We have friends in the wedding party who have a pool so they're inviting everyone who's going to Mexico over for a meet & greet pool party. We have 50 people going to Mexico and not everyone knows each other. We're doing a Mexican fiesta theme and having Tacos, fajitas, chips & salsa, margaritas and coronas.

Quote:

Yeah, this is happening to us monthly it seems. We have people who swear they're coming but still haven't even called the TA (groomsmen included) and we have people who decided not to come and not tell us. Two of my cousins sing, so I was going to ask both of them to sing at the wedding. The older one told me she had to check her schedule since she's getting to be all big time now and the younger one is still on the guest list as we speak. Too bad their mom had to tell me that both of them weren't coming. I've only seen the two of them like a hundred times since planning began. I even brought it up at dinner the other day and the younger one never said a word. Guess I should change my siggy.
I don't think you'll actually know how many people are coming until the final payment is due and it still may be shaky after that! At one point we had 75 confirmed but that constantly changed. We had one couple pay the deposit for their room and then cancel it and STILL haven't bothered to mention that they cancelled. In addition to that stupidity I had one couple call my TA to book a room and by the time she called them back they told her they booked straight through the hotel! The final payments for the rooms were due May 21st. I've had 3 more people book through the hotel since then and more people still saying they want to come. I've already made my payments for food at the receptions and the chairs so I told FI that if anybody else decides to come they won't be able to sit at the ceremony or have food at the reception or get a OOT bag. I can't keep making adjustments this close to the wedding because people decided to procrastinate!

Ok so my final payment was due to the resort on June 16th. Tiffany pressed me and told me that she had to have it by that date. I made it my business to have it to her by that date and guess what............IT'S STILL IN MY ACCOUNT! I sent her an email and she told me it had to be approved by management but she's working on it. wtf.gif

Quote:
Meghan, I'm doing a little dance for yousmile72.gif After all of the stress and heartache it's almost your turn!!!!
Yay! Yay! Yay! And ditto that.

Quote:
Congrats again! I'm happy you found another resort you're happy about and that the pregnancy is going well. How far along are you now?

Can't wait to see pics of these dresses!!

Any good info from the webinar? I overslept and couldn't log on without the risk of being late for work frown.gif
Don't know if they are still offering the same thing with the webinar but when we did ours (months ago) we recieved a free room upgrade for doing it. Might be something to look into or atleast ask your TA about. I didn't do it, my FI did but he said he didn't learn anything fromit that I hadn't already told him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Meghan! I wrote my personal vows I think 3 days before we left, don't stress it. This is going to sound like terrible advice but I was stressing and thinking about it so much that I couldn't come up with anything (good at least). A friend on the forum says, "Go home, have a margarita and write!" So that's exactly what I did. I was in our living room alone, made a margarita for myself, drank half of it quickly then waited a little, once I felt relaxed, I sat down at my laptop, wrote 4 paragraphs (341 words) in less than 15 minutes. I even deleted a paragraph wedding day because I was afraid it was too long.

So don't worry, you'll do great!

Thank you!!!
AHHHH! Does the same go for every other thing on a person's wedding to-do? I am SOOOO behind. But good news is, I work well under pressure, maybe once I hit the 3 month mark (and boy am I close) I'll get my butt into high gear and start attacking my to-do's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I am! It's weird, I feel almost exactly like I did with Mexico but far less stress. I feel like it's not really happening :)

I love Vegas and I'm pretty confident it may be our best trip ever we're looking at 30-34 people, I've never been to Vegas with that many friends before!

I even have 2 dresses again, one for ceremony, one for partying and clubbin' afterwards. Can't believe it! LOL smile41.gif
Amy, I have a feeling you live a very fabulous life! Two more dresses....so exciting. I cannot wait to see pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crista-Lee~ View Post
Hey Ladies, I've been MIA for a while. It's been a long road but so far I'm having a healthy pregnancy and things are back on track with planning our now postponed wedding. I had a hard time coming on here for a while, I would literally start crying about the wedding I had lost and was looking forward to for so long but it was nuts because I was sooo happy about the baby... I guess I can just blame the crazy hormones!

It looks like we will be switching to Dreams Puerto Vallarta for April 2011. Our TA basically told us there was no way we could get the same rate at AS, but I'm not even sure they checked into it. Oh well... Dreams PV looks like a beautiful resort, however it really sucks starting all the plans and travel arrangments again from scratch.

I've got a lot of snooping to catch up on... I can't wait to see pic's from the weddings I've miss recently... especially Amy (Kittenheart) with all of the detail you put into yours...I'm sure it was absoltely amazing! As well as everyone's else's!

Good luck to all my old friends and to all the new ladies on this thread! I'll have to check back every once in a while and see how it's going!

Crista
Crista, I am so glad that you have checked in and things are going well for you. How far along are you? Do you know what you are having? How has pregnancy been? If you need any advice on what to expect while expecting or what to expect with a newborn jus PM me. I've just been through it...well I guess "just" isn't the right term. My little guy turns 1 next month. So bittersweet! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
We have friends in the wedding party who have a pool so they're inviting everyone who's going to Mexico over for a meet & greet pool party. We have 50 people going to Mexico and not everyone knows each other. We're doing a Mexican fiesta theme and having Tacos, fajitas, chips & salsa, margaritas and coronas.
That sounds like so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
Ok so my final payment was due to the resort on June 16th. Tiffany pressed me and told me that she had to have it by that date. I made it my business to have it to her by that date and guess what............IT'S STILL IN MY ACCOUNT! I sent her an email and she told me it had to be approved by management but she's working on it. wtf.gif
My final payment didn't go through until after I checked out of AS and I paid it a 3 weeks prior!

Quote:

Amy, it sounds like you and your DH (and in-laws) were the MOST gracious DW party ever!!!! I would have LOVED to have been invited to a wedding with activities planned like yours! I bet your guest not only had fun but were also impressed and will attend every function you plan from here until the moon! LOL

Anywho, thank you for sharing this email! I have put it in my guest coorespondence file for a few months down the line. So out of curiosity, did you enjoy the cenote, zipline, ruins day or the catamaran trip more with your guests? I don't think we will be able to afford both for our guests, but I'd like to do one with them for the memories. Let me know what you suggest please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
AHHHH! Does the same go for every other thing on a person's wedding to-do? I am SOOOO behind. But good news is, I work well under pressure, maybe once I hit the 3 month mark (and boy am I close) I'll get my butt into high gear and start attacking my to-do's.

Amy, I have a feeling you live a very fabulous life! Two more dresses....so exciting. I cannot wait to see pictures.
LOL! The drunk thing does work with everything unfortunately... I remember typing out my vows with one eye open the other closed so I could focus, so bad! Cutting and hot gluing things and seating and all that requires real brain power unfortunately.

3 MONTHS already?! Wow, it's going fast! I too work great under pressure, that's why I work in sales wink.gif Making lists is my thing, then checking stuff off just feels good!

I wish I lived a fabulous life! LOL, I live across the street from the Americana and live online so shopping is an unfortunate addiction.