Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Oh I'm so excited for you!!! The best advice I got the week before my wedding was during the ceremony to listen, listen to every word the minister speaks, just pay attention and be there in that moment. As for the reception, it will be over before you know it so take a moment every hour if you can and take it all in and don't let your husband out of site for too long. A minute can turn into an hour and one of my good friends let this happen and she doesn't have a single picture of her and her husband at the reception since she was dancing and he was talking to his boys all night.
Amy, I listened to this advice you gave me and it was priceless. I told FI the night before and we both decided to stay near each other. There might have been 10 minutes max when we were apart and then we'd find the other saying "where is my wife" or "where is my husband" - it was really nice staying so close. Thank you for that advice, if I did not tell you before!

Oh I hate that stage of planning!!!! I really really hated it!!!! But you get through it, so while you have to hear it (everyone has guests that say the rudest things - realziing it or not), know that it will soon be over.

I was a tad on the ruder side to people ---- I said "Mark & I always wanted a small wedding and so having it in Mexico will allow us to have one. Otherwise if it was in Maryland everyone would come!" So, basically an IN YOUR FACE. hehehe

First of all, besides our catamaran trip, I think I was in the ocean once the week in Mexico. So, worst case you stay in the pools. If that's the worst case, then no biggie at all!

Secondly, the Gulf Stream does not flow down into Mexico. I suppose currents could change, but I am pretty sure its more likely to hit Cape Cod than it would Mexico & South America.

My best response to that would be "Anything could happen, and yes I am concerned about it, but I cannot do anything about it. I don't want to focus on things I have no control over because the wedding stress levels would be out of control. So I am thinking positive thoughts and at worst case, we don't swim in the ocean and instead enjoy the pool bars all day!!"

Remind people that their comments are making you stressed! I did that even when they did not and eventually most peoplestfu.gif

QUOTE]

Great advice about what to say to the nay-sayers. I too had a couple of those (and I believe even more behind closed doors). My FI's mom who couldnt be a sweeter lady actually said she was nervous and upset with our choice after we put our deposit down. Apparently MX is too dangerous for her. Hello, she lives in TX. She should know that the Cancun area is just fine. Anyway, great advice and really this is about you two! My FI and I made a ton of sacrifices to have a wedding in MX. (My dream is really on a vineyard) but considering everyone's finacial place and how much money we could spend, an AI was so important to us. Then we had to find a place that was kid friendly (we have an 11 month old) and the list goes on and on....so at the end of the day it is about us, not the place, not the people.

Amy, THANK YOU so much for the word about the oil spill. I really didnt mean to come off as selfish but it was yet another thing that I had to worry about. And you know as well as I do, there's far too much to worry about when planning. Now I can move on and re-focus on scratching somethings off my to-do list. AHH!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

My BM's are wearing vintage bronze and my MOH's are wearing purple. We decided to use lime accents for the bouquets and our moms/aunts will be wearing a praline color. I know this can be confusing so these are the dresses...Bridesmaid Dresses - the source for bridesmaid dresses fashion at Mori Lee Style 266

So, call me ignorant, but I am less than an hour away from the oil spill and I haven't had to make any major adjustments in my life. Seafood prices have gone up, stuff that we're used to having at our fingertips is becoming harder to find but nothing that is affecting my daily life. Now I'm not discrediting the fact that this is a big deal, many people are suffering financially from it all, but I honestly didn't take MX into consideration when thiking about the oil spill. It scary because I think things will get worse before they get better, but like your TA said, you can't really predict what the case will be in Oct. So, I would say be mindful of it but don't stress. There's not much you can do about it anyway. I kinda view it the same way I view a hurricane hitting. All I can do is hope and pray it won't affect us all.

MY BM's are wearing Mori Lee too! Different style though and metallic sage. I think that they are great dresses for the price. Nice choice!

Thanks for the note about the oil spill. You are absoutly right and I am going to view it the same way. And my prayers are with your region. I love New Orleans! And you guys deserve much better than this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Congrats again!

Any good info from the webinar? I overslept and couldn't log on without the risk of being late for work frown.gif
Mostly the same stuff we all already know. but they explained alot about the food options and booze and seriously they talked about the donkey NONSTOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Amy, I listened to this advice you gave me and it was priceless. I told FI the night before and we both decided to stay near each other. There might have been 10 minutes max when we were apart and then we'd find the other saying "where is my wife" or "where is my husband" - it was really nice staying so close. Thank you for that advice, if I did not tell you before!
Oh yay!!! I'm so glad this worked for you too. You could tell though how easy it would have been to be apart all night. DH and I are the kind of people that see each other on the way in and out of a function only.

So cute, I did the same thing, tell a groomsman "find my husband!" and he'd come right over :)

Quote:
The catamaran was amazing. We went for 4 hours. They picked us up in a huge bus and drove us the 50-60 mins to Puerto Adventuras. The boat was new and gorgeous and the staff were super fun. We drank beers and rum punches and did the best snorkeling I have ever done. It was a bit scary at times b/c we were like less than a foot away from the coral.

My in laws sponsored the trip and told Mark it was for a wedding. Let me tell you - they were great! They had flowers on the boat, and did a little special thing (I am not going to tell in case other brides are doing the cat and they should be surprised too!) for the bride & groom. It was fabulous. My in laws were super happy that it turned out so well and my parents were impressed so it was all good.
This sounds like fun. I sent out my pre-wedding brochure and let everybody know that we may do this. Did you use Paradise Catamarans? And how far in advance did you have to make the deposit?

I just looked at my wedding ticker and saw that it's 1 month, 1 week and 1 day til the wedding. I'm still waiting for the "excited bride" feeling to kick in. We're having a pre-wedding meet and greet this weekend so I'm sure I'll get the feeling then. Time is flying. I'll be in Mexico sooner than I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
This sounds like fun. I sent out my pre-wedding brochure and let everybody know that we may do this. Did you use Paradise Catamarans? And how far in advance did you have to make the deposit?
Yup, we used Paradise Catamarans. We booked 3 months in advance b/c we did a Friday night and it was Memorial Day weekend - so did not want to leave it to chance. I highly recommend. We did open bar and the food option and everything was very high quality. I think it was about $2500 for 40 people including transport, alcohol, and food. It was 6 hours total - an hour each down and back and 4 hours on the boat.

Quote:
Hi girls, I am waiting to do my final wedding review until I get my pro pics back, but wanted to post my flower pictures for everyone. I googled a lot of flowers and also used the sticky note link regarding what flowers were in season in Mexico. I was very happy with the flowers; they were a superb quality and for the cost, I thought a great deal!

Bridal bouquet:
Orange & Pink lilies & roses - $50 additional (b/c size was 16" diameter)
Click the image to open in full size.

Bridesmaids Bouquets - $50 for each - yellow, purple, orange & pink lilies and daises (they added tons of yellow roses too which were pretty)

Centerpieces - $50 each
Inspiration Picture given was:

Aisle decor - Tall glass vases of Gladiolas - $43 each - moved from canopy to in front of the DJ table

Groom boutonniere - $25 - option was shown to us from Lomas in their binder at our pre wedding meeting.

Sorry I dont have a close up of his flower really - but he loved it and thought it was worth $25. Imagine a guy saying that!! hehe it was cute.

Hope this helps! I think they did a great job of recreating what I sent them.

Your flowers are beautiful and I absolutely LOVE your BM's colors!!! Those long and flowy dresses really caught my eye! Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Your flowers are beautiful and I absolutely LOVE your BM's colors!!! Those long and flowy dresses really caught my eye! Beautiful!
Thank you! I always go with different stuff and so I wanted my BMs to wear all different colors and styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
Ladies forgive me if we have already talked about this but for the newer folks
Here is the link to Azul Sensatori specifically's Facebook

Login | Facebook
Thanks for this link, I didn't even know ASA had a FB link! NICE! I can also share this with my friends who are on FB so they can become a little more familiar with AS. Thanks a bunch!