Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
Hello everyone,
I am getting married at the Sensatori January 24, 2011. It's great to find a spot where everyone can share their ideas.

There was someone who posted wondering if they had made the right decision about the Sensatori...I would reply 'YES'. My fiancee and I were able to travel down in April 2010 and view the property. The service and deco is wonderful. The food...some of the best I have ever eaten at an all- inclusive and all the spots they offer for the ceremonies and receptions are beautiful! Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to learn more!
Thanks! Everyone has given such positive reviews! I am back to knowing I made the right choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Too funny, major artery!

You can totally help me out if you want some wedding planning to do! I've got 11 months and some change according to the little lady and fella below! lol I have done NOTHING because I'm being OCD about STD's. Looked on etsy.com, thought about doing them with my BM's, and now I just can't decide altogether.

I'm in Sac, which is up North. Went to SDSU and made some lifelong friends there who are no longer referred to as friends; but family!

I sent your photog an email asking if he had any refferals of photogs he admires that he would suggest or recommend. I figured since he is in the industry, he's seen a few talents or two. :-) I really wanted E. Medina but we are starting to re-think how much bang for our buck we can get. I LOVE her work and was totally willing to sacrifice, but something made me step back and explore our options before we signed on the dotted line. If we do go with her, I totally want it to be a solid decision as opposed to me just falling in love with her blog and then giving me left big toe.

I saw his blog and loved them!!! You were a stunning bride!!!!!!! I'm friend with Amy on FB and just sent you a friend request as well! :-)
Yeah I feel you, I'm was pretty OCD the whole time, the feeling of falling behind is really what kept me driven!

I think Elizabeth Medina is a wonderful choice, she's an amazing photographer!

Thank you!! :) I accepted your friend request too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Its so true -- the support system here is the best thing I had the months leading up to my wedding. And it was amazing how well received everything I did was - "the best gift bags" "amazing ceremony" "incredible excursions"... and you know what - I have to credit everything - even if it was just the beginning of an idea I made my own - to other brides on this forum. This is a truly amazing set of women. Maybe we all do destination weddings for a reason? Sounds like a thesis could come out of all the love & support on here!!!

And now I must ask you all - where should I go on my honeymoonhuh.gif I would love to go back to Mexico but my brother is giving us first class tix anywhere we want to go using his continental points. So, we kinda want to go far away. DH ants to go south of the border. Any suggestions? I was thinking of an Amazon river cruise in Peru but I really want to relax and relive my time at Azul beach... Thoughts? Oh, and we'd only go for a week to a week and 1/2 so no Australia or South Africa or Bali - although I'd die to go to any of those! We were thinking August or September...love.gif
Are you thinking beach tropical? Or are you thinking somewhere incredible like in Europe etc. If you only have a week, week and a half you may not want to go tooo far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
Bigboponthebeach & MaggieandJay we might ALL be there together!! Right now we have our ceremony on hold for May 27, 2011. We've been waiting for almost 3 days to find out if we can have the reception at the Plaza Zavaz. AAHHHH!! I'm going nuts with the waiting. Gonna try to work on that ticker now (hopefully I won't have to change the date after we hear back about the reception).

It would be so wonderful to meet you both when/if we're all there together. I love the idea of a group pic!

Kittenheart you can help me with all the planning and suggestions you've got. I can use all the help I can get. :-)
How exciting the 3 of you will be there together! I am sad I didn't get to have a shot with any of you girls.

Sure, just let me know! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
Ladies, Just for my own peace of mind. (Forgive me it is one of those stressful days) To the brides who have been to the resort. The resort was wonderful right? I have some friends that sent me emails about all the bad reviews on Trip Advisor even thought there are tons of GREAT ones as well. They want to know if the beach is d"dissapointing" I just need a little encouragement today that I picked the right place. Thanks ladies
It was the perfect resort for my wedding. I had the best week of my life! My friends are still depressed after returning home because they want to go back so bad. Everyone was impressed with the resort and it really is beautiful and MUCH bigger than I expected. The food, people, activities, nightlife, everything was so much fun. I'd happily return!

The best decision I made to keep me sane was to stop reading Trip Advisor. Seriously it just won't help. Just know that people only go there really to either complain or rave... miserable peoples outlet to affect a business is just sad.

The beach is clean non-rocky sand, the water does have some rocks and seaweed & whatnot in it but it's still pretty and so unbelievably warm it's shocking. It's funny because I knew the beach wasn't going to be PERFECT, but I knew that no one would be hanging out in the ocean anyways and I was right. Even the second resort I went to that had a beautiful beach in Cancun was so uncomfortable due to all the sharp shell fragments everywhere and the rough surf I actually preferred the AS beach better. The water is very clear too at AS, it wasn't disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
Oh.. and I found out that fabric is $150 per sheet for gazebo decoration. It was $75 before and now it's $150 per sheet. Expensive... but I guess I have no choice.

Chong
Aww lame! frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
I cannot find THE SHOES for my ceremony/reception. I am having both beach wedding & reception so I don't need high heels but I am having such a trouble finding the right sandals. My FI thinks I am nuts to go crazy over the shoes. I just need to pick something before my 2nd fitting... AHHHHHH fryingpan.gif
Chong
Yeah this took forever... I actually never decided on shoes, that's how hard it was. My designer bought my shoes for me and I rolled with it. They were pretty basic, nothing crazy, made shoe clips for them and that was that. I ended up with them off halfway through the ceremony anyways. :)

Ok, with only 1 week left on our to do's, I just wanted to check in with everyone!!! How is it coming? Also, Chong sent me hers, so I want to add her to the list...

STARTING Monday, May 31, 2010 ENDING Friday, June 11, 2010

We will check in with what is done either as itâ€s done or every other Friday and start a new list!

The futuremrslutz's (Lindsey) To Do's:

1) Send envelopes to Etsy to get addressed DONE!

2) Assemble and mail invites

3) Order OOT stuff

4) Decide on OOT bags...DONE!

5) Figure out what the hell is going on with my photographer, so I can book her flights...she has fallen off the face!!! UGH!!! I will post that in a second DONE!!

6) Pay for our trip in full DONE!!!!!

7) Book DJ

8 ) Reserve private area at Coco Bongo...yesssss!!

9) Email Bridesmaids about passports, etc

10) Update website

AmandaMarieBâ€s To Doâ€s:

- Register (hopefully today and yes I realize we are very behind on this)

- Order fiance's wedding band

- Recieve and sign photog contract

- Request rates for a BD shoot (Chris Schmidt?)

- Work-out

- Begin Qt Extreme Cleanse

-Order gold bags for rose petals

- Follow up on quote for real touch flowers and possibly order blume boxes

- Make sure photo booth stand will work

- Find images and begin mock-up of post-cards using for guest book

- Send mom guest list so she can keep track of RSVP cards

-Begin searching for table card holders that will fit the polaroid-type photos from the photo booth

-Receieve suit swatch samples and email groomsmen to order (assuming we like the swatches)

-Start thinking baout hair and make-up

-Start writing ceremony

-Figure out DJ

Taylorwd's To Do's

1. Finalize head count

2. Finalize with the baker

3. Order keg

4. Price a margarita machine

5. Order banner

6. Put together a wedding slideshow

7. Put together playlist

8. Decide on a guestbook

9. Brainstorm the menu

10. Finalize with the rental company

11. Make final decision on renting a van/driver

12. Find a cook

Kittenheart (Amy)â€s To Doâ€s:

Book party bus for transport to and from the hotel to the chapel

Get final list of who's coming to Vegas

Book hair and makeup appointment with MGM

Find shoes for dress

Make invites for Vegas wedding

Figure out if anything else should be done for this...

Meredith's To-Do-List

1. go to Hobby Lobby and get boxes, flowers, ribbon, wrapping paper and rhinestones for centerpieces

2. order FI's ring

3. insure my ring

4. decide on wedding insurance (to buy or not to buy)

5. simple table decor for cocktail party

6. order flower girl/ring bearer tees

7. come up with items for ring bearer's gift bag

8. think of ideas for aisle decor

9. ORDER/MAKE INVITATIONS!!!!

1. Invitations - DIY & Send them out

2. Pre-Travel Brochure - DIY & Send them out

3. OOT Gift (including kids OOT bag)

4. Dance Lesson - for our 1st dance. my FI hates dancing...

5. Ceremony Script & Ceremony Program

6. Party/Dance Favor (big glasses, sombrero hats, etc)

7. Make Hair/Makeup Appointment

8. Reception Decorations

9. Buy Shoes - mine, FI & Bridesmaids (I am getting my bridesmaid shoes)

10. Buy Wedding Bands

11. Buy Grooms men & brides maid gifts

12. Find the picture for the sand ceremony frame

13. My hair piece, jewelry & veil

14. Guest Signing Book

15. Reception Sitting Chart

Good morning ladies. I have a question for former AS brides. Did anyone who had a signature drink at their reception have to pay for the drink? I was told that the drink would be $6 which I really don't understand because first of all we're at an all-inclusive resort and secondly I'm paying for open bar at the reception! Everything has been smooth sailing with my planning so far. I hope I didn't come this far for stupid stuff to start happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Ok, with only 1 week left on our to do's, I just wanted to check in with everyone!!! How is it coming? Also, Chong sent me hers, so I want to add her to the list...

We will check in with what is done either as itâ€s done or every other Friday and start a new list!

3) Order OOT stuff
5) Figure out what the hell is going on with my photographer, so I can book her flights...she has fallen off the face!!! UGH!!! I will post that in a second DONE!!
7) Book DJ
10) Update website

- Work-out
-Begin searching for table card holders that will fit the polaroid-type photos from the photo booth
-Receieve suit swatch samples and email groomsmen to order (assuming we like the swatches)
-Start writing ceremony
-Figure out DJ

Taylorwd's To Do's
1. Finalize head count
3. Order keg
5. Order banner
7. Put together playlist
8. Decide on a guestbook
9. Brainstorm the menu
12. Find a cook

Find shoes for dress

Meredith's To-Do-List

1. go to Hobby Lobby and get boxes, flowers, ribbon, wrapping paper and rhinestones for centerpieces
2. order FI's ring
3. insure my ring

8. Reception Decorations
10. Buy Wedding Bands
14. Guest Signing Book

I've been looking at this list since I joined BDW last year. I've been keeping a to-do list in my head but with less than 2 months to go I think I need to see something in writing to I can get my butt in gear so please add me to this list. Here's my to-do list:

1. Buy tiara
2. Find and buy comb/barette
3. Find and buy jewelry
4. Find and buy bridesmaids jewelry
5. Get heels on shoes cut down
6. Make reception playlist
7. Buy placecard holders
8. Print menus and placecards
9. Buy unity sand set
10. Order programs
11. Decide what to do for centerpieces
12. Order paper lanters
13. Order bridal party t-shirts
14. Buy OOT bags and contents
15. Order reception favors
16. Order ceremony stuff- bubbles/tissues/rose petals
17. Pay for Ty's wedding band
18. Finalize ceremony script

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post

3) Order OOT stuff
7) Book DJ
10) Update website

- Work-out
-Start writing ceremony
-Figure out DJ

Taylorwd's To Do's
1. Finalize head count
3. Order keg
5. Order banner
7. Put together playlist
8. Decide on a guestbook
9. Brainstorm the menu
12. Find a cook

Find shoes for dress

Meredith's To-Do-List

2. order FI's ring
3. insure my ring

8. Reception Decorations
10. Buy Wedding Bands
14. Guest Signing Book
What's up with your photoghuh.gif I went over and looked at her site and she takes nice photos. I was going to email her for a quote, but if you don't recommend her I will keep searching. I'm sorry to hear she hasn't been on your stress-free list. I hope it gets better!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
I just reached Member status! Yay for me!!!!
Yay!! cheer2.gif Congrats! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
Good morning ladies. I have a question for former AS brides. Did anyone who had a signature drink at their reception have to pay for the drink? I was told that the drink would be $6 which I really don't understand because first of all we're at an all-inclusive resort and secondly I'm paying for open bar at the reception! Everything has been smooth sailing with my planning so far. I hope I didn't come this far for stupid stuff to start happening.
Good morning :)

No way, no charges for me and I had two signature drinks! One at the ceremony spot, one at the reception. The coordinator even called us one day and said the restaurant manager wanted to set up a tasting for our reception signature drink. During our coordinator meeting earlier that day they brought in our ceremony signature drink for us to try. They made us feel very special and offered up different options to our drink to make sure we had exactly what we wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlover36 View Post
I am so excited! I said yes to the dress this weekend :) Its so weird I feel now that this is really happening hahah!
Yay congrats!!!! Its very surreal seeing yourself in a wedding gown isn't it? Post a picture if you have one!