Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

I cannot find THE SHOES for my ceremony/reception. I am having both beach wedding & reception so I don't need high heels but I am having such a trouble finding the right sandals. My FI thinks I am nuts to go crazy over the shoes. I just need to pick something before my 2nd fitting... AHHHHHH fryingpan.gif

Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
I cannot find THE SHOES for my ceremony/reception. I am having both beach wedding & reception so I don't need high heels but I am having such a trouble finding the right sandals. My FI thinks I am nuts to go crazy over the shoes. I just need to pick something before my 2nd fitting... AHHHHHH fryingpan.gif
Chong
This was the hardest part of my attire. I looked for 5 months straight. Not kidding. I wanted to throw my head against the wall but I eventually found them. The problem is that I started looking in October just in time for the summer sandals to disappear. It took until February for them to come back around again. You're in prime sandal season so I'm sure you'll find something great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
It was $50 - I dont think that was an upgrade... Actually I think it was supposed to be free but I wanted it to be 14-16 inches diameter so I had to pay $50 extra. The bridesmaids were all $50 and smaller than mine (10 inch diameter). All I said was orange and pink lillies & roses. They did an excellent job. There is a sticky on the Mexico thread w/ the flowers and when they are in season in Mexico. I went by that when choosing flowers, so I think that is why I got better prices.
Great, thank you much. I was curious because those pictures of the flower options on the Lomas site were so small. I'm digging the banana leaf though and wondered if it was an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Great, thank you much. I was curious because those pictures of the flower options on the Lomas site were so small. I'm digging the banana leaf though and wondered if it was an upgrade.
What is the banana leaf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
I agree. I hate trip advisor. It actually ruins the place a little when you read all the crap b/c you go in with a negative mind and everything is so wonderful, but you can tell you keep looking for the bad to happen. I am looking for a honeymoon spot for me & DH, and reading trip advisor SUCKS. I dont want to use it -- how else can you find a great hotel to honeymoon at? Maybe expedia?? Any suggestions?
I can't remember if you said you didn't want to go to Mexico for the Honeymoon but good friends of mine go to Adventura Spa Palace every year around their aniversary and they LOVE IT! They even tried to talk me into haveing my wedding there

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
I'd love to meet up with you all if we are all there within the same period! I'm sure it will all work out for you. There are WAY too many nice resorts in that area to worry! :-) And you girls are WAY ahead of me with the planning! I figured we would just wait until we got there to decide upon a reception site. I really had my heart on having a reception on the beach, but the previous brides have mentioned it being very windy on the beach in the evenings. I've got my positive mojo out there though.....;-)

You're invites are very classy and I like them! You are ahead of me in that arena because I haven't even ordered or sent out my STD's. My deadline in July 1st, which is a month later than I planned to have them out. But I just can't decide on making them or buying them and at this point I think I won't have much of a choice other than to buy them. :-)

:-)
Oh never fear! I am about where you are. I actually found that invitation on the internet the day after I got engaged! I am waiting on my TA to get back from her own vacation to do the final booking on our date. Right now may 30th is open and hopefully I can get this date and resort set in stone by end of this week! I am going to shoot for the beach wedding and I am not too picky about reception location

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
What is the banana leaf?
Those green leaves wrapped in circles under my flowers. I did not ask for it; they did it. They know what looks good - you dont have to ask!!! But, if you liked it, send it to the Miami coordinators and print a picture and bring it with you to Mexico so you can tell them during your planning meeting what you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
I can't remember if you said you didn't want to go to Mexico for the Honeymoon but good friends of mine go to Adventura Spa Palace every year around their aniversary and they LOVE IT! They even tried to talk me into haveing my wedding there
Oh no, I know I should go somewhere new but I really want to go back to Riviera Maya. I'll check it out now - thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
Thank you so much ladies for all the words of encouragement about the resort. It was just one of those challenging days when I let other people push doubts into my head. You ladies are the best!
I am glad you feel better! I hope that you dont have too many more of those days. They will creep up on you though - I think its just natural when you are planning any wedding - even local ones. But rest assured, none of use past brides regret anything!!!

Hello everyone,

I am getting married at the Sensatori January 24, 2011. It's great to find a spot where everyone can share their ideas.

There was someone who posted wondering if they had made the right decision about the Sensatori...I would reply 'YES'. My fiancee and I were able to travel down in April 2010 and view the property. The service and deco is wonderful. The food...some of the best I have ever eaten at an all- inclusive and all the spots they offer for the ceremonies and receptions are beautiful! Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to learn more!