Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Interesting...I booked through DW.com but my WC said it is not offered to me. I am getting 20% off the private reception, cocktail hour and cake. In addition to the "bride and groom stay free package" I put that in quotes bc we arent really staying for free. We basically get a refund after the fact from DW.com for the lowest level room and the minimum number of nights stayed...so about $900 back. Not free but I guess I will take what I can get.

I am gonnna go back and ask my TA about the free cocktail party though. Maybe she can work something out. :) Fingers crossed.
Very interesting.......we were told that we could not have 20% off of the reception, only other "private events." I'm really frustrated with the inconsistencies. I had a minor photog fiasco too and it is all starting to leave a poor taste in my mouth. And this is just month one of planning and Q&A. :-(

If you don't mind me asking, who is your DW.com TAhuh.gif? We are considering cancelling because I'm more frustrated with the communication or lack thereof, than a bride to be should be in month one. :-( pms.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Very interesting.......we were told that we could not have 20% off of the reception, only other "private events." I'm really frustrated with the inconsistencies. I had a minor photog fiasco too and it is all starting to leave a poor taste in my mouth. And this is just month one of planning and Q&A. :-(

If you don't mind me asking, who is your DW.com TAhuh.gif? We are considering cancelling because I'm more frustrated with the communication or lack thereof, than a bride to be should be in month one. :-( pms.gif
Actually I should clarify, I am getting 20% off private receptions...wouldn't that be the same thing?

At one point I almost canceled too....was getting frustrated with the unwillingness of the resort to budge on things and how much I was going over budget but that said, I had to step back and look at it from a distance. And I have not gotten married there yet but all the other girsl come back and say how wonderful it is and that it was all worth it and that they wished that they would have stop sweating the other stuff. So that is what I am working on.

And I do understand your frustrations with DW.com. In fact, my WC isnt always so responsive. I often have to send her 2 or 3 follow up emails before she gets back to me. I even went to her boss and complained. It really did little to fix the situation. Seems like she has a lot of brides and is always traveling/vacationing for work. (It's Camille with DW) She also was very hesitant to help my guests over the phone...that's a no-no for me as many of my family members simply refuse to use a computer and would never send their cc info in.

However, again I try to put it into perspective. My wedding is 4 months away, so as long as things are done far enough out and she gets back to me I will try not to freak out.

My only fear is that there will be some last minute problem and no one will be around to help. I guess that's what they have the 24 hour hotline for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way but...the smoke machine and glo sticks, they didn't come off cheesy? I guess I just picture a rave in my head. :)

... miss our "entrance" as Mr & Mrs into the reception.

I think you may have mentioned this before...did you add a salad to your meals? Do you know how much that was per person?
Haha I know what you mean. It was more just fun having lights and smoke - I think the pictures will be cute. I'll post some of mine, I know how it could be construed as cheesy but everything else was classy so I think thats what made it cute wink.gif

Um well from my personal experience, a cocktail reception wont help that and neither will a schedule! My mom of all people went back to her room at 7pm (start of the reception) and missed our entrance and had to stand by the DJ during our first song. girl_werewolf.gif I almost think no cocktails and telling ppl the reception starts 15 mins early would have made people more prepared. I had to tell some of my friends to go into the reception at 7pm - they were like "why?" and I said "I am waiting here to get announced, everyone should be sitting down now." and my friends were like "oh!" haha If I had to do it over, think I would ask a friend to help the WCs do that as ppl don't always pay attention to the resort staff.

The salad was $4 extra and everyone LOVED it. It was spicy and delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Sara, I have pictures of both set ups - a girl got married in the gazebo while I was down there and I used the canopy. Both were nice but its hard to see in the gazebo so if you are having a wedding party of more than a maid of honor and best man you will probably have to do what Wendy did on the pavement or the canopy. I also took a good picture of the lobby where the "rainy day" wedding location is and I think its gorgeous. You'd probably have less on lookers as well there but its not on the beach. Anyways, I'll post them in the next few days.
Thank you, Amy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannepdc View Post
RE: AB ceremony locations

I cannot remember who asked, but I agree with Amy B. about the gazebo - it's really small and I think it would be hard for guests to see what is going on - even if it's the bride and groom. We got married the same place that Amy did - it was a bit windy, but it's much more open.
It was me who asked. I was wondering, because now Kiara is telling me that they will charge me extra for using the arch vs. the gazebo. Which had NEVER been mentioned to me before. Anyone else run into this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
My DJ was awesome. Everyone raved about him. Here is the list of songs I sent them ahead of time. They added some others here and there. I wish I would have given some sample songs for the dinner too. There was some cheesey-ish music that I didn't like - but then he brought out "Thats Amore" and the tables were singing during the main courses! The DJ helped b/c he had a smoke machine, lights, baloons, and glow sticks. So if you do it yourself, I would maybe bring some props with you.

(etc)
GREAT advice! Thanks!

Wendy, just looking at your pictures again. I am wondering- at what point did you have all of those pictures taken? Before the ceremony, after, the day after? I want to be traditional and not see my groom until I walk down the aisle on the big day, but then I want some good daylight photos like you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini View Post
It was me who asked. I was wondering, because now Kiara is telling me that they will charge me extra for using the arch vs. the gazebo. Which had NEVER been mentioned to me before. Anyone else run into this?
For just the location? No, and that's pretty ridiculous. We did have to pay for the fabric that they use to decorate. We used a purple/eggplant and it was $75 for each so $150. Seems a little crazy for two pieces of fabric, but I think that they have to rent it too, so there's not much you can do. I think the white is cheaper for some reason, but that's all we paid for on that since we did not want the flowers they sometimes put on it (they were expensive and we didn't really think they added anything).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotaAZ View Post
Have many of you bought insurance through your TA? Our TA offers a insurance that covers 100% if you cancel for any reason....I go back and forth if it is worth the 129 per person....Any thoughts?
I haven't because I know this is where the TAs make their money. Plus, if you pay by credit card, your cc company should cover a good bit.

That being said, I probably just jinxed myself and will get the bubonic plague the day before we're supposed to fly down. I'll let ya know how it turns out wink.gif