Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post

CONGRATS Lindz! And you are already in great shape so 10 pounds is amazing!!!

I just want to tell everyone - that I paid my Bill and got NO SURPRISES! They honored my discount (which was only 1,000 off from my promtion its all about that bride, so not great) and honnored the Blue Terrace - unlike how they tried to make Wedny move.

I am so relieved!

(after all that and then I stupidly give my dress to a seamstress here who was so lax regarding timeline. I am pretty sure I'll have to stalk her to get it in time - LOL)
Thank you soooooooo much!!!!!! I have my BD shoot THIS THURSDAY!! ahhh borderline freaking out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Have any past brides done seating arrangements? I am trying to figure this out and if we just end up doing all the details with the onsite coordinators this would make my life a lot easier... it's hard to seat people in an area you've never seen before!
I have been thinking about this as well. I may just do table numbers?!? I don't know. On one hand, I would like to do them and have them made BEFORE I got to Mexico, so I can make them cute and all that. On the other hand, they may not be necessary. Lemme know what you find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkf1046 View Post
confused.gifOK, so I am a little unsure of myself now...I had a conversation with a co-worker about why would I register for gifts if I am not inviting everyone to the wedding. We are having about 25-30 people hopefully and I am inviting few work friends and not much of the our extended families. I am curious if everyone else registered. I of course don't expect that everyone will get us gifts especially those who are coming but I also know that people who aren't coming or understand the logistics of a destination wedding may want to buy us a gift. What has everyone else done? I don't see the big deal if you don't want to buy a gift than don't. The conversation just made me start second guessing our decision...I am pretty sure I read some postings about this before, but of course I can't find them.
I was THE SAME WAY! But everyone keeps saying, "Lindz we are going to get you a gift...so you can either register and get what you want or don't register and get a bunch of random crap." I think it makes it easier on everyone. They can just go online to your registry, and click and buy. If they do not want to buy a gift, then they won't. I say, register! We should be doing this soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
Hi. My name is Chong. My fiance Darryl and I are getting marry at Azul Sensatori on October 10, 2010!!! I need some help planning the wedding. I have no idea where to start :) setup, music, photographer, reception, welcoming bags... there is just too much. anyone would like to share some pointers? greatly appreciate it/ thewave.gif
Welcome Chong!!!!!! I would definitely start with your photographer and getting a travel agent lined up (if you are using one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzappa View Post
Hi - I looked through this thread and didn't see any reviews of the Azuls. If some exist, could someone direct me to them? If not, could someone post something? The smaller of the two Azuls appeals to me more I think.
Thanks y'all!
Happy planning

ps. I had a nightmare last night I couldnt' go to my own wedding as I didn't have a dress and I hadn't written my vows or speeches! I literally woke up in a cold sweat.
I would do a search for "Azul Sensatori wedding reviews." KatKen has a great one on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Hiya ladies!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back and we had the MOST AMAZING time!!!! AB could not have been more perfect for our wedding. I can't wait til I get my pictures and can share with you. Oddly enough, being a bride I didn't carry around my camera that day so I'm at the mercy of our families and my photog, LOL.

Unfortunately, it rained and rained and rained our first 3 days there. Not just sprinkles or mist but full on side-blowing rain. We had to cancel the sailing trip (no worries for all you gals that have booked with Paradise Catamarans...full refund with no problems) and ended up renting vans to take our guests into town for dinner instead. They were getting a bit stir-crazy with the rain.

BUT, somebody was looking out for us because we went to bed the night before the wedding to pouring rain and woke up to blue skies on wedding day!!!!!! The clouds rolled in around ceremony time but the first drop didn't fall until the final blessing. Perfect timing if you're going to have rain on your wedding day!

I'll write a full review later with all the details but I just wanted to pop in and say that the whole experience at AB could not have been any better. Superb everything: food, staff, beaches, onsite team. Absolutely perfect!

Now I've got a lot of catching up to do!!!
OMG!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS and welcome back! I am so glad you guys had such a wonderful time and blue skies for your wedding. CanNOT wait to see pics!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Sara- We didn't do a separate cocktail hour. The ceremony ended at about 4:30pm and we had pictures with everyone until about 5:00pm. The reception started at 6:30, so our guests had 1.5 hours by themselves. Most made use of the time by drinking in the Aquanox bar. You can also get little food bites there. Our thought was that at such a fabulous resort, our guests could take care of themselves for 1.5 hours.

I did not do a cocktail hour either. We send out pre-travel brochures to all our guest a month before departure letting them know our wedding day time line, and we just sent them to mojoito bar for an hour while we did pictures. We called it cocktail hour and they were the only ones in the bar at that time so it was basically the same thing and it was FREE.

Kinda looked like this:

WEDDING DAY
Amy & Kenny

5pm sunset ceremony / Right side of beach
6pm cocktail hour mojoito bar/connected to building A
7pm Private reception / Zocalo Gazebo

I did see 2 cocktail hours during my stay, and in my opinion it was cold near the beach and guest were anxious to get off the sand. They looked nice though, the staff does a great job of making these nice.Im sure there are other locations for this as well. They put high top tables up and white linen and have a tiki bar set up right there for you. Bathrooms are not far, but they are not on the beach. In my case, we didnt have the money to pay for it and wanted to take full advantage of all inclusive so we just sent them to a meeting place and it worked out wonderfully. Also, the breeze bar was open during those hours as well to send guest.
That's a really good idea...I think I am going to do something like that for our welcome cocktails. Not an official "cocktail party" but "meet and greet" type deal at one of the bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
I understand where your coworkers are coming from BUT it is your day! If you want to register...do it. My FI and I are registered at Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond and Honeymoon Wishes. A lot of places give you a percentage off of the registry items that are not purchased. So my advice would be to register even if people don't get you a lot of gifts at least you can get things cheaper for yourselves that you may have been looking at. Honeymoon Wishes is a site where people can basically give you money. You can set a dollar amount to things that you plan to do on your honeymoon (if you're having one) or you can put that money towards things you want to do at Azul. For instance, you can request $40 for "a manicure to show off your ring" or $100 to go towards your plane ticket, etc. Check it out. Hope this helps!
That is a WONDERFUL idea!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
Hi ladies! so, this time next week I and all the wedding party will be in Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!

we've had quite a productive weekend and sorted the ceremony music out at long last!

Processional song - Canon in D
Signing the register and photos - Lucky by Jason Mraz and So unbelievable by Craig David
Recessional song - Walking on sunshine! (makes me happy and upbeat just writing the title!! and very apt for Mexico!)

We've also sorted out the whole playlist for the reception (3 hours) after we eat, and music to have playing in the background while we eat.

We've chosen our meal options and our hors d'oeuvres

Now I have a busy week as I am at work ALL week sad.gif so I only have the evenings 'free' and I need to:

- work out holiday clothes lol and buy any gaps I have;
- sort out all the stuff we need to take for the wedding;
- wait for my photo album to arrive and sort out and put together my BD photoalbum (pics arrived on Friday!);
- make sure I've got EVERYTHING printed out before we go;

and then I think we are done!! I THINK - probably forgotten something really important but that's all I can think of right now....it's really late here and I should have been in bed probably about 3 hours ago!

i DO NOT want to be at work this week!!

Amy - STOP stressing!! (I know you will be!) remember, it's likely you're worrying about things that other people won't even notice. enjoy the lead up, because I already know the day's going to be over before I know it and I'm scared it's all going to go too quickly and I'll feel like I missed it! RELAX girl, and enjoy it! xx muchos love my fellow sister bride! xx
You sound like you are right on track!!!!!!!!!! This week is going to FLY by! Just do a couple things a day that you have left to do, and you should be smooth sailing!

OH and GREAT choices for your songs! I love how you have a mix of traditional (Canon in D) and more contemporary! I think this will be a perfect mix :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Oh wow Katie, you are getting me so excited :) Congrats on getting so much done over the weekend.

I leave in 4 weeks from today!!! woooo hoooooo

I did nothing over the weekend b/c I had guests visiting and last week I had clients in so this week is work time. Today I just finished my program. It will be 1/2 sheet of thick card stock paper - 1st page welcome with date, 2nd page with family & wedding party names, then 1/4 sheet of paper with the ceremony outline. I am going to cut a hole in the bottom and tie with a ribbon to the sides of the ceremony chairs.

Here is my inspiration I got from the Knot.
Click the image to open in full size.
I saw these on the Knot and thought they were ADORABLE!!! post pictures when you get a chance...can't wait to see!!!!

Super cute Amy!! I have programs (not really programs) with the same concept, ribbon through them to hang from the back of chairs.

Katie - I think if you had as much as I have to bring you'd be packing last month like I was, LOL! I was busy, busy, busy from 9am - 10pm. Whew... what a day.

I packed 5 suitcases, noted down what was inside each, weighed each, calculated how much it would be and lined them up against my wall. Too any of you ladies bringing a ton of stuff or bringing OOT bags that you will give to your guests once they arrive, I suggest packing all OOT stuff in certain bags and ONLY stuff you need wedding day in others so that friends can help you bring them. I then made a master list (Word doc) with what's in what bag, how heavy it is and who will be bringing it, that way I can keep track and I'm not constantly searching for stuff.

Also, I have a few of the wedding party that will be packing light, meaning one bag between them and their husband/fiance and so I can give them a bag and not be charged for it since you get one free.

Just thought I'd share my packing info with you girls, I really think I'm the only one bringing this much stuff in this thread but hey, you never know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecreatifbride View Post
To jam or not to jam.... who used the iPod docking rental vs the DJ rental at Azul? Pros... Cons....?
I'm using a DJ for dinner reception, iPod for cocktail hour.

I was trying to figure out who I could give the all important task of maning the iPod or changing a song when needed etc. I didn't feel it was fair and I know once drinks start flowing, someone will forget, or be in the bathroom and I didn't want to have to worry about it. Besides I wanted announcing done, comes with a microphone and the DJ said he could play whatever we wanted, even if he didn't have it he said to just hand him the iPod the song is on and no problem :)