Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hello Ladies,

My name is Kortney and I just confirmed for 5:00 on October 23, 2010 at Azul Sensatory.

I have been reading some of your post and think it is awesome how you have all become sort of a little "family".

I have so many questions and so little time.

I noticed that there were a few post regarding fees for bringing your own things to decorate with. Did anyone get the final word on that?

Cecile is my WP. Has anyone worked with her?

Also, I am thinking of doing the pearl package and just adding on. I tink that might be the cheapest way to go. I have also debated doing the silver ir gold but just do not know if they are worth the extra money.

You girls seem much more informed than I. Hope you do not mind all the questions.

Thanks in advance,

Kortney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortneysmith View Post
Hello Ladies,
My name is Kortney and I just confirmed for 5:00 on October 23, 2010 at Azul Sensatory.
I have been reading some of your post and think it is awesome how you have all become sort of a little "family".
I noticed that there were a few post regarding fees for bringing your own things to decorate with. Did anyone get the final word on that?
Also, I am thinking of doing the pearl package and just adding on. I tink that might be the cheapest way to go. I have also debated doing the silver ir gold but just do not know if they are worth the extra money.
You girls seem much more informed than I. Hope you do not mind all the questions.

Thanks in advance,
Kortney
Congrats and welcome Kortney!

Nicole will add your date to our list :)

We're definitely a family, I love these girls, they are an amazing support system and I don't know how I would have gotten through this wedding planning process without them love.gif

The cost for setting up decor and whatnot will be decided once you're there dependant on what you bring. From past brides I've only seen $50 - $100 set up fees so it's not too bad.

I believe Cecile is the new WC, my WC mentioned training her to me the other day.

I think going with the Pearl Package and adding on is the way to go, that way you're not spending money on anything you don't need.

Ask away! That's what we're all here for :) I suggest checking out the planning threads and wedding photos from past AS brides, that helped me out SO, SO much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
OMG Amy, yours is sneaking up fast girl!!! I hadn't even realised you were so close behind me and Amy! are you next on here after us?
I don't know about you but the closer we get the less head space I seem to have to function!! I keep getting forgetful and clumsy and tired...it's just as well we're getting married so soon or I might end up having a breakdown! atm I'm only managing on average 5 and a half hours sleep a night....and that includes the weekends as we're so busy. so apologies if I seem a bit doolally! haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
So sorry! You know that final days loopy, no sleep forgetful state you're in? Me too :)
Yeah I leave in less than 5 weeks! whoa!!!!

I have been SOOOOO forgetful lately also!!! I have to write everything down. Thing is, I have like 4 different notebooks flying around with all these notes in them. I need to organize but I feel like I have no time to do it. Work is definitely suffering - I am very forgetful here especially.

I am sleepless too - I spend hours on the computer doing wedding stuff when I get home and I shut it off around 1030 and dont get to sleep til midnight.

Katie - I saw that the worst is most likely over! woo hoo. stupid volcanoes! I have 2 guests traveling from the UK to my wedding and my Mom was like "what about carolhuh.gif" and I said I don't have the energy to worry about something as uncontrollable as a volcano!!!

Heres to our memories getting back to normal in June :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortneysmith View Post
Hello Ladies,
Thanks in advance,
Kortney

Hi Kortney! I thought you were already married to Lamar Odom... Hahah bad joke wink.gif

I echo Amy's thoughts. I would have been so lost without everyone on this thread. I also would have killed the TAs and WCs and BMs and guests - its much better to vent here and know everyone has similar struggles.fencing.gif

I would definitely choose the cheaper packages if you are not using their photographer especially. Plus a lot of that stuff is fluff!

Do you have a TA yet? Choose someone who has multiple people your guests can contact in case your person is out and one with lots of experience with Karisma. The tour operators will so NOTHING for you. So although your TA might book through Travel Impressions or Fun Jet - they need to talk to the hotel directly to get you your deals.

My TA is/was awful and my guests constantly complain about her. It would have been so much easier on me personally if I had a better TA.

Congrats on picking your date!!!! Look forward to helping you plan :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Yeah I leave in less than 5 weeks! whoa!!!!

I have been SOOOOO forgetful lately also!!! I have to write everything down. Thing is, I have like 4 different notebooks flying around with all these notes in them. I need to organize but I feel like I have no time to do it. Work is definitely suffering - I am very forgetful here especially.

I am sleepless too - I spend hours on the computer doing wedding stuff when I get home and I shut it off around 1030 and dont get to sleep til midnight.

Katie - I saw that the worst is most likely over! woo hoo. stupid volcanoes! I have 2 guests traveling from the UK to my wedding and my Mom was like "what about carolhuh.gif" and I said I don't have the energy to worry about something as uncontrollable as a volcano!!!

Heres to our memories getting back to normal in June :)
Same here, I have notes, spreadsheets and documents both at work AND home and tons of lists in my Blackberry and a note thing in my purse and another at home, too much!

Hahaha, yeah no energy or time to worry about Carol unfortunately, it's nothing you can control anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Hi Kortney! I thought you were already married to Lamar Odom... Hahah bad joke wink.gif

I echo Amy's thoughts. I would have been so lost without everyone on this thread. I also would have killed the TAs and WCs and BMs and guests - its much better to vent here and know everyone has similar struggles.fencing.gif

I would definitely choose the cheaper packages if you are not using their photographer especially. Plus a lot of that stuff is fluff!

Do you have a TA yet? Choose someone who has multiple people your guests can contact in case your person is out and one with lots of experience with Karisma. The tour operators will so NOTHING for you. So although your TA might book through Travel Impressions or Fun Jet - they need to talk to the hotel directly to get you your deals.

My TA is/was awful and my guests constantly complain about her. It would have been so much easier on me personally if I had a better TA.

Congrats on picking your date!!!! Look forward to helping you plan :-)
LOL Amy! This crossed my mind too but it's Khloe who's married to Lamar and Kourtney who just had the baby! I'm ashamed I even know this but that show is totally a guilty pleasure :)

Quote:
LOL Amy! This crossed my mind too but it's Khloe who's married to Lamar and Kourtney who just had the baby! I'm ashamed I even know this but that show is totally a guilty pleasure :)

Ohhhh I always get them confused. I only know who Kim is for sure! I love that show :)

AmyKH, your list is making me tired just looking at it!! lol, and once I saw it, then I started to mentally add like a bazillion more things to my list

Kortney, welcome to the forum! Congrats on selecting the resort--that is truly the hardest decision I think! I echo the other girl's sentiments with the package. I chose the Pearl Package and customized it based on the things I wanted. It saved me a lot of money in the end because there were things in the other packages that I didn't want/need. Best of luck in planning, and let us know if we can be of any help! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee1811 View Post
AmyKH, your list is making me tired just looking at it!! lol, and once I saw it, then I started to mentally add like a bazillion more things to my list
HAHA! Oh man... my list makes me want to drink straight from the bottle! Speaking of... better get back to it!

At least you have more time... you are 1 month, 1 week, 1 day as of today!

Quote:
Ok girls, finally updated some pix of my hair trial... excuse the cheese smile in the last one and my nose looks huge... anyways, here's the rough idea:

Click the image to open in full size.
ohmygod Amy - wow! it looks stunning. the style really suits you and I love the curl detail :)

are you happy with it? I think it looks fab and totally is you!