Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
hey girls :)

I feel I need to apologise - I don't seem to have been on here much and giving people support as much as usual....getting so close to the wedding, the list of things to do is getting longer and more urgent!

I have been off work yesterday and today - yesterday I just couldn't get myself going lol so I did loads today instead!

1. went through all your kind posts and messages about my pics and used that as a guidance as to which ones to pick (this did take a lot of time as I'm sad and did write out all the numbers and tallied up which ones people had voted for so I could see which were clear winners!! lol - yes I'm a geek!!).
2. came up with 12 pics I really wanted and messaged my photog back and added comments on all of them as to what I want her to do with them!
3. tried to find out once and for all what the hell we need in order to make sure our marriage is legal - there and back here (closer we get, the more I'm worrying about this). so I phoned the Mexican embassy in the UK and asked their advice. they gave me the number for the Mexican consulate and website - for any UK brides, this is really useful. so spoke to them and got all the info I needed :) feel much better now.
4. phoned our TA wedding team to confirm they agreed with the Mexican consulate...they're requirements were a little different but they're looking into checking it out to update their records. also got confirmation that we don't need to do anything to the marriage certificate out in Mexico. and it's legal here in the Uk without us doing anything. but we can get it officially translated when we get back and register it here so they have a copy.
5. also spoke to the TA wedding team about my dress - they no longer allow anyone to carry a dress on, and all wedding dresses must be packed in a 55x40x20 cm box and weigh less than 5kg (shame the wedding dress shop can't/won't/don't know how much my dress weighs!) so now I need to find a box and somewhere that will pack it for me.
6. researched and bought name cards for AHR
7. researched and bought favour gift bags for AHR
8. found somewhere to hire a cake stand for AHR :)
9. tried to confirm dates and details with reception venue but no-one answered - left a message and waiting for someone to call me back.

PHEW! I'm shattered!! lol

hope everyone's going good with their lists....

this is all starting to feel very real now. 32 days now until we fly out and 37 days until we get married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tomorrow i'll be able to say 'I'm getting married next month!!'

Amy, I love that you're packing already! I haven't even had time to think about that - I'm impressed!

much love girlies smile03.gif bootyshake.gif
Can't carry on your dress? Is this just for the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
I hope that it is just for the UK....I do not want to be checking my dress!
I've heard mixed reviews on this. If you call the airline they most likey will tell you it has to be checked or wont promise you anything. I also heard they flight attendants are usually very kind and excited for you and will just hang it up for you. MY FLIGHT, well it was a male I had to ask and it was a 100% FULL FLIGHT, he was not nice and he made me fold my dress in half and put it on top of my carry on bag in the over head . ... I was not a happy girl. But it ended up being ok since my dress was made of taffida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyhawk View Post
Can't carry on your dress? Is this just for the UK?
Hey. Yeah I think this is just for the UK - our flights are pants! Our airline won't even let you pay to carry on the dresses now... Apparently it's health and safety. I only checked due to our many restrictions travelling from the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Congrats Wendy!!!!!!!!!! You look adorable in the pictures!!!!!

AmyF - LOVE the glasses. I got replicas for my OOT bags too and they are so fun. Have to remember to make a note to everyone to wear them to the ceremony - or at least carry them there for a fun pic afterwards.

Right girls - I am off to the airport for my shower and hen night in Baltimore tomorrow night!!! watch out!!!! I'll post pictures when I get back - we are all wearing horrific brdiesmaids gowns and I am in a $25 bride gown from salvation army. My mom found it - covered in sparkles and poofy sleeves - HOT!

Have a great weekend.
have so much fun amy!! Can't wait to see your pics! Mine is in a week and I can't wait for some girlie time!! Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
I'm secretly a Mrs.!! FI and I had such a great time at our legal ceremony today that I wanted to share some pics! We thought it would be no big deal but we both got choked up and teary eyed. We're very happy to have had a trial run...maybe we'll have a bit more composure in Mexico!

My sister came with us and then we had a picnic in the park after the ceremony.

Please excuse the fact that FI desperately needs a haircut!!

Click the image to open in full size.

We figured we may as well practice with cake!

It's been a good day wink.gif

Right girls - I am off to the airport for my shower and hen night in Baltimore tomorrow night!!! watch out!!!!

You know, I've been meaning to tell you...I grew up in Baltimore. All of my family is still there. My fiance and I live in Los Angeles, actually just a few miles from Amy F. (Though I haven't met her yet. :)) And fiance is from Austin, TX. Small world. So cool to see brides from our "hometowns" getting married at AS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
You know, I've been meaning to tell you...I grew up in Baltimore. All of my family is still there. My fiance and I live in Los Angeles, actually just a few miles from Amy F. (Though I haven't met her yet. :)) And fiance is from Austin, TX. Small world. So cool to see brides from our "hometowns" getting married at AS!
I live in Austin, you'll have to look me up if you come visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Right girls - I am off to the airport for my shower and hen night in Baltimore tomorrow night!!! watch out!!!!

Have fun! Show us pictures when you return if you like :)

Definitely is a small world! We'll definitely have to meet up sometime, it's great we're so close, too bad not all of us are within driving distance, we could have one hell of a little get together :)

Alright ladies! There are just a few of you this time but let me know what you got done and what you're to do's are for the next 2 weeks! It's crunch time for a few of us here so add you're list to help you stay focused :)

STARTING Monday, March 22nd 2010 ENDING Friday, April 2nd 2010

We will check in with what is done either as it’s done or every other Friday and start a new list

KittenHeart (Amy) to do’s:

1. Have 3rd dance lesson, multiple practices, have first half down – DONE!

2. Find out about boat/jetski rental for TTD pictures – may have to look once down there

3. Know final number of people coming and have them book flights if need be – Still happening

4. Pay and receive shoe clips – Should receive them today

5. Receive hair fascinator - DONE

6. Get guest list to WC & decide on seating table arrangements – LIST TO WC

7. Decide on Vegas legal wedding, where staying and who’s coming - DONE

8. Lose 2lbs – DONE amazingly

9. FI to complete all throwies for paper lanterns – DONE!

10. Complete list of must play songs/do not plays and songs for DJ – Not done

11. Find out vase sizes and buy floating candles and string lights – Bought string lights

12. Create and print out reserved seating signs for ceremony & drink for ceremony - DONE

13. Put ribbon through bird cards – DONE

14. Print at home, common Spanish phrases, reception drink & cigar signs, numbers and other sign - DONE

15. Create hangover kit sticker, print, cut and stick – make instructions - DONE

16. Buy frames for pictures and signage – Not done

17. Buy more OOT bag stuff – Not done

18. Complete 2 more weeks of P90X & Insanity – Did P90X, a little Insanity and Pilates

19. Get TTD outfit for FI – pants, tie and white shirt; get wedding slacks hemmed, decide on jacket & find bachelorette party dress – Looked for TTD, just using what he has. Didn’t get slacks hemmed or find a bach dress.

Taylorwd's To Do's!

1. Finish writing the ceremony

2. Assemble Menu/Drink cards

3. Assemble frames for grandparents' pictures

4. Finish reception playlist

5. Get paperwork together for onsite meeting

6. Pick up dress on Saturday!

7. Get married on April 1st!

8. Decide on sand for sand ceremony

Crista Lee’s to do's:

1. Work out - P90X & Gym

2. Work on website

3. Invitations... wait AGAIN... Patiently...

4. OOT Bags

5. Continue shopping list

6. Find TTD

7. Find Luggage Tags

8. SHOP TIL I DROP!!

Renee's To-Do List

1. Figure out this dang cake topper

2. Set up appointment for alterations

3. Lose 2 pounds

4. Make final payment to Tiffany

5. Take first dance lesson with FI

6. Figure out music selection for dinner

7. Start making plans for AHR (I am drawing a blank on this one right now...)

8. Get flower girl dress ordered

9. Decorate fans and bubbles for the ceremony with ribbons

10. Get bridesmaid's dress altered if necessary

Michele's to do:

1.) Finish center pieces-almost done

2.) Figure out what to wear under my dress

3.) Still lose 10 lbs. - I need to get my a** moving-doing better but could improve

4.) Start purchasing items for bags

5.) Get Fi moving to buy attire

6.) Start vows

7.) Get flower girl dresses

Katie's to-do's:

- finalise songs for ceremony

- FI to order his suit trousers for TTD

- carry on working out

- research and try to find as cheap as possible guest signing frame for Mexico

- look for materials for AHR table decorations and favours

- update wedding budget spreadsheet with spending

- update wedding spreadsheet with RSVPs for AHR