Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momichele View Post
Thanks for the information. It may not be worth bringing your own. I may just ask for them to set-up a piece of white fabric from the hotel. In a perfect word, the hotel would have a wedding closet with stuff from previous brides for future brides to use. I am sure some of the stuff I am brining down I wont care about returning with and it is only going to be used once. This is my cheap and not wasting mind thinking.
Even if a bride left stuff there they would charge you to use it! That's what we're dealing with at AB. We wanted to use some umbrellas a bride left at the resort for future couples to use. The hotel charges $6 per umbrella plus a $50 hanging fee. While $140 is not much in the grand scheme of things, it's the principle of it that really pisses us off, so we will not be using the umbrellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
We are writing our own vows but I have no idea where to start lol....I guess I should get on this ...any suggestions?
We're writing our own. He did an amazing with what he said when he proposed, so I think he's up to the challenge! I'm going to make Groomzilla feel the heat!!

Quote:
We are writing our own vows but I have no idea where to start lol....I guess I should get on this ...any suggestions?
Google! I copied & pasted tons and then decided on a couple main things I really liked and wanted to say - like adventure with you through life, help to grow intellectually, and "I promise this for all of my days".

We are going over the words next weekend together to see if we want to change them at all. Our vows are the same for eachother - the introduction the minister does before the vows is slightly different.

I started with the ceremony Tiffany gave me & changed pretty much the whole thing - LOL.

We are having "The Art of Marriage" by Wilfred A Peterson read by FI's Mom too. LOVE it.

And doing the "Hand Ceremony".

Seriously, I guess brides used to go to the library to find all this stuff? How much easier we have it with GOOGLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyhawk View Post
Also, lomas increased their price for the fabric that they use to decorate the gazebo, the price doubled! I refused to pay 150 dollars for one piece of rented fabric! What are you girls doing for ceremony decor?
Sammy, I am using 2 sheets - so its a lot of money! I wish I had not said I wanted the 2 sheets until I got down to Mexico and seen if maybe they would not charge me for the 2nd one. Ah well..... I am doing uncovered chairs and no bows so I am saving $ there I suppose. I am using the wooden plank runner and 2 tall glass flower vases with white Gladiolas in them. I am going for more of a rustic theme/look for the ceremony, hence the simple, all white decor.

Quote:
Okay ladies, beauty treatments are done! Mimosas are ready! Sexy lingerie is all packed! And I have to be in makeup at 7:15am tomorrow morning for my BD shoot. Wish me luck!!!
Taylor, good luck!! Are you excited?! I was in San Antonio this past weekend with my FI and when I drove through Austin, I did a shout out to you, lol! Have fun at the BD shoot!! cheers.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the information. It may not be worth bringing your own. I may just ask for them to set-up a piece of white fabric from the hotel. In a perfect word, the hotel would have a wedding closet with stuff from previous brides for future brides to use. I am sure some of the stuff I am brining down I wont care about returning with and it is only going to be used once. This is my cheap and not wasting mind thinking.
I feel exactly the same way. With this sorta thing you have to weight things out and see what just works the best, bringing your own or just coughing up the money. I'm leaving so much stuff there, I wish I could pass it along to another bride getting married the following week or something.

Quote:
Is everyone writing their own vows? My dress has come in so I am hoping I can pick up this week. The store is close to my 98 year old grandmom so I would hate to go pick it up and not visit but she goes to bed so early.
I am writing our entire ceremony with FI... ish. wink.gif We are both each writing our own vows, they will both be different and we won't know what they say until we hear them wedding day. FI wouldn't even let me outline a structure for them, oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crista-Lee~ View Post
Hi Ladies! I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a crazy Saturday night, which declared Sunday lazy couch day.

I did however buy some pashmina's from another BDW bride. It actually feels like I accomplished something... even if it wasn't on my list. Every little bit counts!
Gotta love the crazy Saturday nights, I had a great weekend as well, Sunday was a little rough getting out of bed and having to go to our first dance lesson... but once we were done and I realized we were exactly 5 miles from the beach, I hit PCH and we drove for awhile and then grabbed some seafood on the ocean, that was amazing the weather over the weekend was GORGEOUS.

Pashminas weren't in my plan either but I bought some and love them!

Quote:
Like Amy said below... GOOGLE! Gotta love it :) I was writing my vows last night and was looking at the suggestions on the knot and they were actually really helpful - Wedding Vows & Readings: 20 Tips for Writing Your Own Wedding Vows ? Wedding Planning ? Wedding Ceremony - By TheKnot.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Okay ladies, beauty treatments are done! Mimosas are ready! Sexy lingerie is all packed! And I have to be in makeup at 7:15am tomorrow morning for my BD shoot. Wish me luck!!!
Oh how exciting!! You are going to have a blast, you sound confident and ready, just how you should be! You are going to rock it girl rockon.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Google! I copied & pasted tons and then decided on a couple main things I really liked and wanted to say - like adventure with you through life, help to grow intellectually, and "I promise this for all of my days".

We are going over the words next weekend together to see if we want to change them at all. Our vows are the same for eachother - the introduction the minister does before the vows is slightly different.

I started with the ceremony Tiffany gave me & changed pretty much the whole thing - LOL.

We are having "The Art of Marriage" by Wilfred A Peterson read by FI's Mom too. LOVE it.

And doing the "Hand Ceremony".

Seriously, I guess brides used to go to the library to find all this stuff? How much easier we have it with GOOGLE!!!
We too are doing the hand ceremony, I love it!

For real, how did people write vows before Google, straight from the hearthuh.gif wink.gif LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Sammy, I am using 2 sheets - so its a lot of money! I wish I had not said I wanted the 2 sheets until I got down to Mexico and seen if maybe they would not charge me for the 2nd one. Ah well..... I am doing uncovered chairs and no bows so I am saving $ there I suppose. I am using the wooden plank runner and 2 tall glass flower vases with white Gladiolas in them. I am going for more of a rustic theme/look for the ceremony, hence the simple, all white decor.
You found your theme!!! I love it!! Are you putting the 2 vases at the bottom of the chuppah? I totally see this theme coming together :)

Sorry for being an MQ whore, trying to catch up with you girls!

I was also originally quoted 50/sheet of fabric, and didn't tell me colored was more then when she finally added it to my planning sheet she put it down for 150/sht and didn't even tell me and now she wont honor her original quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
My hairstylist is actually coming to my wedding and I asked if she minded doing my wedding hair and she's excited to do it, I got really lucky! She did my BD shoot hair which I LOVED and that hair stayed for 3 days, loved it.

I bought real touch flowers, I am about to get my final proof pictures any day now and I'll put up some pictures once I get them. http://www.sharonnagassardesigns.com/ is where I got mine from.

Awww, thanks Nicole! This morning, waking up at what now is 4am, after tossing and turning all night, wedding nightmares and general bad sleep, I look like a zombie.

I too am buying 2 pieces of fabric and got quoted $50 each or $65 or something I think, white is cheaper I believe.