Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Is anyone doing the SKY wedding? And if so, do you know how many chairs are included? The Silver and Gold package only allot for so many chairs but I would hope up to 80 would be included in the Sky package since you have to pay more for it. (80 is the deck's capacity.)

One of the many reasons I decided to do a DW was to keep the $$$ down. So now that I've plugged in everything I want (and that's without official quotes from Lamas or AS) I'm way over budget. Trying to get my costs down. So hoping I can subtract the $9 per chair over 12 chairs that I've worked into my budget.

Thanks!
I'm doing the Sky Deck and I just checked my spreadsheet and it says "Chairs included for 50 people" and they are white chairs that come with chair covers and white chair bows.

Watch out for hidden charges, they are everywhere as we can all tell you we've each encountered something that surprised us so I'd leave a little monetary cushion for just in case :)

Quote:
Is there an extra cost for those chairs? Those are the ones that I want to use too.

Thanks!
Yep, they are $16 each to rent AND they won't move them from ceremony to reception, so if you want them at your reception you have to re-rent them all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I'm bringing in a DJ and taking the $500 hit
Ok so I am on a posting roll here today. :) Are you flying your DJ out or using someone local?

Haven't decided on music yet. We'd love to have someone that can announce the first dance, father daughter dance, etc but would hate to spend $1300 on the hotel's DJ to have him be awful.

Would love to hear what you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Yep, they are $16 each to rent AND they won't move them from ceremony to reception, so if you want them at your reception you have to re-rent them all over again.

OMG. That's the most ridic thing I've ever heard. I guess it's safe to assume that EVERYTHING will cost extra.

How many guests are you having?

Quote:
Ok so I am on a posting roll here today. :) Are you flying your DJ out or using someone local?

Haven't decided on music yet. We'd love to have someone that can announce the first dance, father daughter dance, etc but would hate to spend $1300 on the hotel's DJ to have him be awful.

Would love to hear what you're doing!
Using a local, DJ Mannia that has gotten amazing reviews from all the BDW brides on this forum. I haven't heard a negative review on him at all and they are very easy to work with and quick to respond to my emails. They are English speaking and will do all the announcing.

Quote:
OMG. That's the most ridic thing I've ever heard. I guess it's safe to assume that EVERYTHING will cost extra.

How many guests are you having?
I know right, do expect it because it's unfortunately the case for a lot but definitely try and get as much included as you can but bet on some unexpected expenses.

I'm having 40ish guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momichele View Post
Congrats on the new promotion. The traveling part sounds like so much fun. The only way I can juggle everything is to make a list and try to fit a few things in at once. I am such a dork on Saturday's when I am off and have lots to do. I map out my entire day on how I am going to get it all done.

Well, and I am doing weekend travel too!!! AHHHHH! i think April is just gonna be dedicated to wedding planning since March and May are going to be so hectic!! It is fun at times though! Thank you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Lindz, congrats! Hope the economy improves and it will mean more $$, but even so thats such a testament to your work!!

Is it more car travel or plane travel? B/c you could organize your to do's accordingly. Things you can do with phone calls, schedule for the car days. Things you need to do on a computer, schedule for travel on plane days. I actually made my invitations while en route to Dallas on a business trip!! So you can do it. Also, I keep all of my "wedding stuff" on a USB drive, so I can do wedding stuff at work and at home.

And one word "SUNDAYS". Now that football is over, I use it for wedding stuff almost exclusively.

You go girl
smile159.gif
OHH good idea about the flash drive! That way I don't have to lug around my macbook and my work computer!! Thanks!!!

I am in sales...and cover the whole state...sooo, during the week I travel by car from 8-6 and then when I have meetings, I travel by plane. So, I may be in the car Mond and Tues and then flying out Wed-Sun! I think it will get better in April. Now that these flights have internet, I can get a lot done on the plane.

Thanks for the motivation too!! monkey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Yeah the new Alice - it was good - the 3D was cool too. Too late for my shower (which is Mexican themed - go figure - lol) and wedding. My sister did a Midnight Summers Dream theme and it was awesome.

Michele, I am the same. I like the simple look plus my BMs are all wearing diff colors (pink, orange, blue, and purple) and FI is wearing all white so I thought we'd look nice all white under the white sheet. Some people say to use color to make things pop - and it does look really nice too, but then I thought the basic white chairs would look odd with the fancy chuppah.

I am OK with a little rain as long as I can take pix outside. Pix with storm clouds look awesome!

LOVE the color scheme. Can't wait to see pics!