Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlover36 View Post
I have a question? For everyone that has done some DIY projects...Are you shipping anything down ahead of time or packing? I know I am so worrying about the wrong things right now esp since I haven't booked AS yet (but going in 9 days for visit!!)

But I am for some reason obssessed with centerpieces. THinking should I do them myself ahead of time or use theirs...if I DIY then should I ship...would that cost outweigh doing it myself...

Also...what does Siggy mean?? hahahha I have no clue.
No shipping at all, it's VERY iffy and we aren't allowed to ship directly to the resort. There's a few threads on here and a few nightmare stories I've read where a girl shipped all her OOT (out of town) bag stuff for her guests as their favors ahead of time and found out one week before her wedding customs seized her items. You must go down there with a hired customs official to retrieve it within a week, she found out too late they had burned her boxes due to non retrieval. I bought some extra luggage and am hauling it all down with me and giving some stuff to bridesmaids to bring as well.

I really had a tough time deciding what to do since I got quoted $500 per table for my centerpieces. 3 vases each with an orchid stem and candle on top. Soooo after a lot of deliberating, I decided to get real touch stems for my centerpieces and rent just the vases from them and bring my own candles.

Siggy means signature, as in your signature picture, the one at the bottom of every post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
I heard stories that the custom likes to hold on the MADE IN CHINA stuffs (it is very hard to find things that are NOT MADE IN CHINA nowadays), so I guess it is safer to bring it and pay the extra weight on ur luggage.
This is true, I'm combing through all my items and making sure I remove any stickers or tags that said made in China.

Also, bring all your receipts and have them ready for customs in Mexico. I also read that a girl put a obvious sign with her stuff that read "NOT FOR RESALE" and they pretty much saw it and left her stuff alone.

I know this all sounds scary and daunting but I'm confident things will be totally fine for any of us bringing stuff. I heard one girl brough 12 extra suitcases. You just explain you're getting married, they won't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B View Post
I am still gathering pictures from people from the wedding but at least wanted to share this link with you. Of course when I get my link from the photog's I will post it as well.

Welcome
Andrea you look amazing :)! Can't wait to see the rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandbrent2010 View Post
Hi Girls-I'm Erin and I'm getting married at Azul Sensatori May 14th 2010. I've been reading some of the posts on here and it's been very helpful. I do have a question about what everyone is doing with decorating the gazebo. It's pretty expensive to buy those colored sheets. Is anyone bringing that from home? Also-bridesmaid boquets. I have seen that some people make silk boquets to match the 'real' brides boquet and bring those. Any thoughts?
-Erin
welcome3.gif Erin! I believe that even if you brought your own sheets or whatever they were still charging a ridic amount to put them up for you. I just got the basic $220 decoration package (I think they call it exotic gazebo) and I'm glad I didn't splurge like I was going to.

I brought my BM bouquets from home. I had them made at a "michael's" type of store and got them for $8 each including a matching bout. It was the way to go IMO.

Quote:
One more thing......where did you girls get your TTD dress? I want to do a shoot and don't want to actually use my dress. Someone said earlier they got it from some out of country site? Just curious...I don't want to spend more than $100 on it. -rin
I sold my wedding dress to a fellow BDW'er for her to use as a TTD. Take a look in the FS section, you may have some luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momichele View Post
I have been looking at pictures of the beach ceremony and I notice all of the pictures have a wooden runner but all the packages include a red carpet. What are you guys having as a runner? Have you seen what the red carpet looks like? We were going to have the Sky Wedding but decided b/c of money to do it on the beach. I had the wooden runner already in my mind but if the red carpet looks ok, I will go with that.
The wood runners were included in the old packages.... I had to actually PAY to NOT use it and have a white sheet runner instead sad.gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
I was also told that legal ceremonies were done in Spanish and there's a translator who translates the ceremony. I don't know if that's true but that didn't sound appealing to me and finally I don't want to wait months to have my marriage license/certificate translated from Spanish to English in order for it to be legal.
Yup, that's true.... its in Spanish and they translate it. It was something I actually never thought about until "THE TIME".... I was standing up there and the look on my face is priceless because I'm thinking "WTF is this guy saying?". Made for a pretty humerous wedding video lol. I was looking all over the place.... the sky, the ground, my flowers.....

Erin, I've added you to the list! If I missed anyone let me know!

March 2010

Lolo – March 3, 2010

Melsha - March 16, 2010

April 2010

daifje - April 10, 2010

taylorwd – April 17, 2010 – Azul Beach

Aneliese26 – April 19, 2010

sunkissed bride - April 22, 2010

May 2010

27 dresses - May 5, 2010

LivandScot - May 7, 2010

KittenHeart - May 8, 2010

Mocashman – May 10, 2010

Erinandbrent2010 – May 14, 2010

Sammyhawk – May 19, 2010

Renee1811 - May 28, 2010

Amybermuda – May 29, 2010

June 2010

July 2010

meghan - July 2, 2010

Meesh – July 10, 2009

momichele – July 24, 2010

Daniepps – July 31, 2010

August 2010

September 2010

October 2010

November 2010

~Crista-Lee~ - November 10, 2010

December 2010

jaimeburns – December 10, 2010

January 2011

February 2011

Less is More – February 19, 2011

March 2011

April 2011

May 2011

JaimeTalis – May 7, 2011

Quote:
I'm doing symbolic because I don't want to give blood nor did I want to have to arrive at the resort so many days before the wedding. I was also told that legal ceremonies were done in Spanish and there's a translator who translates the ceremony. I don't know if that's true but that didn't sound appealing to me and finally I don't want to wait months to have my marriage license/certificate translated from Spanish to English in order for it to be legal.
Meghan,
If you are doing the legal don't be scared of the needles. The nurse who takes the blood was awesome and she did a better job than anyone here in the US has done for me. I hate needles but she was really great about making you feel relaxed. They do have a translator for the ceremony so don't stress about that. Make sure to tell them you want a Translated copy of your marriage ceritifcate. Tiffany never even mentioned it to me and I am now working with Fabio to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momichele View Post
We looked into doing it legally but people who I knew that got married in Mexico or knew someone who did said they had problems with paper work. It may of been the resort. When I called a few of the resorts including AS all of the WC said to me do it at home. The only person that said it would be ok was our old TA who gave me alot of wrong information. It also worked out good for us b/c we would have to get it blessed when we came back plus my & FI's mom are happy that it is in the church first. I figure I can make them happy for this.

I have been looking at pictures of the beach ceremony and I notice all of the pictures have a wooden runner but all the packages include a red carpet. What are you guys having as a runner? Have you seen what the red carpet looks like? We were going to have the Sky Wedding but decided b/c of money to do it on the beach. I had the wooden runner already in my mind but if the red carpet looks ok, I will go with that.
We only had the wooden runner on the beach and no carpet. If the red carpet goes with your colors then go for it. If not then ask for an different color or just thow it out.

Quote:
Hi ladies! I'm really at a loss as to what to do for flowers. Did anyone get their flowers from the resort and if so how much did they cost? And if you didn't, where did you order your real touch flowers from?
I did the real touch (Thank you Amy F) and no one even knew they were fake. My photoogh even made a comment and said he had no idea they were fake until he notice how much lighter they were than real flowrs.

http://www.sharonnagassardesigns.com...dingFlowerOrde

Quote:
How long did it take you to get your flowers after you placed your order? It says they do not do rush orders and that it is subject to how many orders they have. I'm just curious of ball park since my wedding is May 14th.

-Erin
I think I gave my order in November and had everything in my hands my Feb. 4th for my Feb.13th wedding. I am sure it depends on how big your order is but its defiently worth checking. I am very very happy with everything. pinkie.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B View Post
I did the real touch (Thank you Amy F) and no one even knew they were fake. My photoogh even made a comment and said he had no idea they were fake until he notice how much lighter they were than real flowrs.

http://www.sharonnagassardesigns.com...dingFlowerOrde
Oh I'm SO glad to hear that!!! Fabulous news, I can't wait to receive mine :)