Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B View Post
I am still gathering pictures from people from the wedding but at least wanted to share this link with you. Of course when I get my link from the photog's I will post it as well.

Welcome
Andrea, you look absolutely beautiful and your dress is gorgeous! I love the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
OMG that is so awesome!! I can't think of a better way to have a second ceremony.

For our legal ceremony, we're going to the JP on April 1st. April Fool's Day seemed like an appropriate day to us! Those in our family who have asked know that we'll be going to a JP and that Mexico isn't our legal ceremony. We're putting so much into the Mexico ceremony (we've asked my brother to officiate in Mexico and we're writing the ceremony ourselves, for example), and we're putting nothing into our legal ceremony. So, our families have been okay with it thus far. We're treating Mexico like it is our legal ceremony; it's the one with meaning in our books. However, no one knows when we're actually going to the JP. That's our little secret :)
Just wondering why so many of you chose to do the symbolic ceremony instead of the llegal ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I'm writing my ceremony too, do you tear up or freakin' cry while writing it? I do EVERY time and this makes me very nervous.
Me too!!! It's the thought of seeing him for the first time that really gets me. Oh, and the vows. I cry every time! All I can say, the makeup artist had better do one hell of a job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
Just wondering why so many of you chose to do the symbolic ceremony instead of the llegal ceremony?
We chose symbolic b/c of the logistics involved in getting married legally in Mexico. I can't speak for Karisma since we'd already decided on symbolic when we chose AB, and it seems the policies vary by resort. Some need you to be on the property 2 business days before, some 3-4 business days. Some require that your wedding party is there with you for those required days. But, the biggest reason for us is that we wanted to write our own ceremony and vows. We also didn't want a stranger marrying us (my brother's going to do it) who we may not even have met beforehand. Oh, and the possibility of needing a translator there if the minister didn't speak English. I happen to speak Spanish, but we didn't want that for our guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
We looked into doing it legally but people who I knew that got married in Mexico or knew someone who did said they had problems with paper work. It may of been the resort. When I called a few of the resorts including AS all of the WC said to me do it at home. The only person that said it would be ok was our old TA who gave me alot of wrong information. It also worked out good for us b/c we would have to get it blessed when we came back plus my & FI's mom are happy that it is in the church first. I figure I can make them happy for this.

I have been looking at pictures of the beach ceremony and I notice all of the pictures have a wooden runner but all the packages include a red carpet. What are you guys having as a runner? Have you seen what the red carpet looks like? We were going to have the Sky Wedding but decided b/c of money to do it on the beach. I had the wooden runner already in my mind but if the red carpet looks ok, I will go with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momichele View Post
We looked into doing it legally but people who I knew that got married in Mexico or knew someone who did said they had problems with paper work. It may of been the resort. When I called a few of the resorts including AS all of the WC said to me do it at home. The only person that said it would be ok was our old TA who gave me alot of wrong information. It also worked out good for us b/c we would have to get it blessed when we came back plus my & FI's mom are happy that it is in the church first. I figure I can make them happy for this.

I have been looking at pictures of the beach ceremony and I notice all of the pictures have a wooden runner but all the packages include a red carpet. What are you guys having as a runner? Have you seen what the red carpet looks like? We were going to have the Sky Wedding but decided b/c of money to do it on the beach. I had the wooden runner already in my mind but if the red carpet looks ok, I will go with that.

I can't remember what it is called, but we are having one of the cloth runners that comes in pastel colours (we chose aqua)

Quote:
I am still gathering pictures from people from the wedding but at least wanted to share this link with you. Of course when I get my link from the photog's I will post it as well.

Welcome
welcome back Mrs! (as you've been MIA since you got married!!)

your pics are gorge! i love the website and the way it's laid out. and your dress looked so elegant.

how's your planning going for your AHR?

Quote:
Kate,
You are really getting some things done! You go!!
thanking you :) (and everyone else!)
sounds like a lot when I put it like that, yet I still don't feel like I'm getting anywhere!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandbrent2010 View Post
Hi Girls-I'm Erin and I'm getting married at Azul Sensatori May 14th 2010. I've been reading some of the posts on here and it's been very helpful. I do have a question about what everyone is doing with decorating the gazebo. It's pretty expensive to buy those colored sheets. Is anyone bringing that from home? Also-bridesmaid boquets. I have seen that some people make silk boquets to match the 'real' brides boquet and bring those. Any thoughts?
-Erin
Welcome Erin! ask away with your questions - all the girls here will do their absolute best to help you out where the can (and they usually can!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandbrent2010 View Post
One more thing......where did you girls get your TTD dress? I want to do a shoot and don't want to actually use my dress. Someone said earlier they got it from some out of country site? Just curious...I don't want to spend more than $100 on it. -rin
I am getting mine from eBay (seller - gianinarbridal) eBay My World - gianinarbridal they are really reasonable and one of the reasons i went with them is that there are reviews on this site about them from other brides and they all only had good things to say...so that was good enough for me!!

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Yes, Katie, congratulations to you!!! Better to have it too big than too small.

Whatever happened to parents and family footing the bill, lol??
haha wouldn't that be a dream!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Hi girls! I am back from my super long work trip...I will be getting caught up tonight! xoxo
woooooo you're back! welcome home! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I'm TERRIFIED of needles!!! Like hysterical tears... so I refuse to have any needles stuck in me unless I'm in the ER. :)
aww my BM's the same as you. big hug :)
just as well you're not diabetic like me hey?! lol popcorn.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
and.....(ok, Amy F - don't read this!!!)

only 2 months today til we fly out!!!!! or, 8 weeks and 5 days!!!!!!!!!

and only 9 weeks on Friday until our wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA!!! Don't worry, I realized yesterday that we're almost 9 weeks to the day out!!!