Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Thank you Amy!

I have so many questions, I am so behind in my planning! Is everyone doing a private reception? If so what type? We are helping several family members attend our wedding, so most of our budget has been spent on that, and we hare having a reception back home when we return. So I feel like we don't have a lot of money to spend on all the little things that have such a big price tag... We really want a beautiful wedding and we want to have a great evening after the wedding and just not sure how to plan it with out spending a fortune. I would appreciate any ideas that you girls have. Also, just learning about the photographer policy, cannot bring in outside photogs from Mexico? And it is not cheap to bring someone down for the states, what are you girls doing for photographers?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi Sammy welcome!

If you are going to be at the resort 3 days before your wedding, I am sure you can decide on a very secluded party for your wedding guests. The private receptions are more but every bride I have heard of going down there without a private function in mind, gets somtheing better from the hotel staff - be it a private area for longer or private all toegther just for purchasing a few bottles of wine....

If you are laid back about it and have a small group, I am sure the hotel stafff will go out of their way to accomodate you for no or little addtl charge.

SHOOT

keep forgetting to say my last song is going to be from my fave college bar (Tiger Town in Clemson, SC) The Final Countdown.... LOVED it when I was 21 and had no idea I was getting kicked out, howling at the top of my lungs "its the final count down - da da da da dahhhhh..." you get the idea :)

Amy,

You are making me feel much better. I had a little break down tonight talking with my FI about the planning. He is so busy with work, I have been doing it all myself, which has mostly been online research. Do you know of any of those brides that didn't have a planned private reception going into the trip, that I could chat with about how their reception turned out? I am also wondering how to do music, I would really love dancing, but again don't need a big DJ, just thought I would bring my IPOD. This site has been a life saver so far, I am so glad I found you all!

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
well it is a secret - but just spoke to FI and he F'ed up which terminal to get to and he is going to miss his plane unless he can sweet talk his way checking into an int'l flight with 30 mins to go. thinking happy thoughts right now........
I'm sending all happy positive thoughts your way today Amy! I hope he makes it and I hope your secret day is full of your own cheesiness and laughs without the post office back ground! LOL

Nope - he worked his magic and got through and then the flight was cancelled b/c of the 50 mph winds we are expecting here sad.gif I am sooooooo sad. Haven't seen him since Jan 4th. BUMMER

But maybe if he comes next weekend we will have nice weather and we can have the ceremony outside where I wanted to.

Now I have to host my superbowl party alone.

OK enough saddness for me!!!

Sammy - there was a girl in this thread who did the non private reception. She said that they gave her the option of buying 3 bottles of wine and having a private a dinner. It was a small group. How many people are you expecting?

I took two of my BM's last night to try a dress on from Forever 21. It had a similar look to the Carrie Bradshaw tutu skirt - but it was a dress and looked really cute on line. Thank god we didn't purchase it online. One of them refused to come out of the fitting room! She looked like a cream puff in a short skirt... we just about died laughing.

One of them remembered seeing a really cute hot pink dress at RW&Co. We ventured there, I loved it but I didn't want to get my hopes up. They tried them on and they both really liked them. We texted pictures to my other two BM's in Alberta and they also loved them.

Woo hoo! One more thing done! And I got my hot pink!!!