Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Crista & Meghan - Too much to be honest... but it was worth the expensive over lugging down tons of glass that I obviously would not be taking back with me anyways. I think it's $20 per vase and after MUCH nagging through my poor WC and numerous emails about the dimensions to know what size floating candles to buy, I found that they were planning on giving me tiny vases. So glad I prodded I had a feeling something would go wrong there so they are getting me bigger vases. The dimensions of the vases they gave me were 20cm, 15cm & 10 cm with 2.5cm across the top. What kind of tiny a** vases are that!?

OMG... You don't even want to know how many suitcases I am bringing. I'm bringing all the lighting and lanterns and OOT bags so at this point I have 6 suitcases and to be honest, I think I may need more sad.gif shots.gif blush2.gif
haha those are pretty TINY! Ugh I am sure I will run into the same problem. I know this sounds like a hassle, but I wonder if they have some vases in Cancun. If they have a range of stores from Louis Vuitton to Costco, surely they sell some vases. Yes, that sucks to make the trip, but it would save $20 AND save the hassle of getting them down there. With my luck and clumsiness, they would surely be broken by the time I arrived at the resort. I will do some research. We could always call around and having them put some on hold. Also, the first person that gets married could always leave them at the resort for the other girls...thoughts?

Oh and in regards to suitcases...I am sure I will have that many...I take 2 suitcases when I just go on a regular trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
ah man....I love all those pics of floating candles....

Lindz, my favs are the 3rd pic down that you posted...gorgeous!

I'm stuck on what to do/use for centre pieces as we are limited to what we can take out with us (and I don't really want to risk taking vases etc with us) and also we can't reuse them at our AHR as they have an annoying rule of 'no candles'...poo!

so I'm STUCK! I might have to go back to our options (I can't even remember now if we even have something like the Lomas website to choose things from!)

oh, and we're also £1k over budget.... holy f/ck! censored.gif no idea how we're going to pay for things now!! eek!
Don't get me started on my budget...my dress is DOUBLE what was budgeted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
Katie, we are way over budget too. Mostly because in the beginning, just like everyone else, we thought way more was included and all the "extras" that we didn't originally think were extras have put us way over. I'm going to be talking to my parents in the next few weeks asking them for money!
oh god, I wish I could do that!! I feel bad enough though that they are having to pay a whole load of money just to come to start with!!

ours is over budget as we fell in love with our AHR venue and couldn't say no...then we found out AFTER we signed the contract that we couldn't bring in our own caterers and had to use theirs....which obviously isn't cheap. we bargained them down in the end and they are catering to us so it's not too bad, just more than we thought we could do it for. (I also have to take some of the flack as we kinda randomly guessed guest numbers and didn't budget properly for food and welcome drinks etc)

damn it! lol

good luck with your talk tho....fingers crossed you get what you need wink.gif

The flower centre pieces are beautiful. I am going very simple because I didn't want to stress myself out. I am doing the paper lanterns with led lights hanging from the gazebo. A small blue paper lantern with light on the tables as a centrepiece. The top is open and doesn't look very nice so I may put flowers on top....don't know if it will look good. I may try it and show you girls. Also maybe flowers or petals spread out on the table to give some color.

Lindz those dresses are very cute.

I went for another dress fitting yesterday and it is looking gorgeous! I cant wait until it's all done. Hopefully saturday i can bring it home. I will post pics of next fitting tomorrow

As for the luggage I upgraded to "club class" which allows me and FI to take 80lbs each!!

That is so much more than 40lbs(which I cannot do!):)

I hope I have only 1 suitcase and 1 box to take... our friend is military and he is letting us use his military box to tranport wedding stuff. Its a hard box so things don't get squished.

The more I see your ideas the more I want to bring! Only 5 more weeks.....we'll see if I go crazy and go shopping for more.

Amy those centrepieces are beautiful.

Makes me want real flowers but our budget is over too! I have not even added up the cost for our invites and flowers ( i am scared) oops.gif

I know I am over what I thought I would be....But it's our WEDDING so who cares. (just wont let FI see all of the costs LOL)

my update of my To-Do list:

1. finish up pre-wedding brochure DONE! I just need to get them printed, but the brochures are complete

2. order OOT bags not done, but I have found the bags I'm going to use!

3. order fans for ceremony not done, but I have found the fans I will buy!

4. book date for BD shoot DONE! booked the photographer, and have talked to my sister about doing my hair/makeup (she works at a salon, so I'm lucky)

5. START WORKING OUT!! DONE! I started P90X and am in serious pain, but I keep picturing myself looking sexy for my BD shoot and it's keeping me motivated!

6. start picking out music for ceremony and reception DONE! I have selected all the music for the ceremony, and I have delegated the reception music to my FI...we will see how this goes, lol