Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Andrea, sounds like you are READY to get married! Woo hoo. Did you take loads of pix so you can recreate what they did for your make up? Are you having a professional from Azul do your make up on the wedding day? I cant wait to hear if it was sweat & cry proof :)
I didn't take any pics and I should have. I have seen the makeup artist a few time and she went over everything and wrote down the order everything should be put on. I am going to partice at home so when I do it for the big day I don't have a melt down. I never thought I would be doing my own make up for my wedding. I know this way I will like it. I hope its sweat adn cry proof, that's why I bought it. I just hate crying but least I can prepare for it.

Quote:
Danie, I agree with Meghan. I would do 40 max. Maybe think about the size you want the arrangement to be and then decide on # of cupcakes. 30-40 should be fine. They sound cute.

Crista, You are 9 months out, I would really recommend changing TAs. I should have and I regret it now. I am going to have a stern talking to her on Tuesday with my concerns, but I only am waiting on 2 to 3 more people to book, so what else can I do? I really like Jennifer, the TA on this thread. She was so helpful and responsive. Call her and see what she can help you with.

I agree!! 9 months is PLENTY of time! I am using Wendy Hicks (BDW)...she is great!!

Okay, so my hunt to find the bridesmaid's dress failed. In between my mom and I, we visited 18 Ross stores over this weekend in the DFW area trying to find the dress in a large. We have searched online with no luck either. So now I'm going to try and recruit you ladies :) If any of you shop at Ross, would you PLEASE look for the dress for me?! I will pay gas money and ship you the money ASAP!! I'm sorry, I am getting desperate, lol. I'll post a picture later with more details :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee1811 View Post
Okay, so my hunt to find the bridesmaid's dress failed. In between my mom and I, we visited 18 Ross stores over this weekend in the DFW area trying to find the dress in a large. We have searched online with no luck either. So now I'm going to try and recruit you ladies :) If any of you shop at Ross, would you PLEASE look for the dress for me?! I will pay gas money and ship you the money ASAP!! I'm sorry, I am getting desperate, lol. I'll post a picture later with more details :)
Hey girl! I will gladly do this for you! Send us the picture and style info as soon as you can. I will head out there this evening!

Okay, this is my first attempt of posting a picture, so wish me luck!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

The brand is City Triangles; it is a coral color, with spaghetti straps, empire bust with beading underneath, and a chiffon bottom that hits right at the knees. It has been retailing at all of our Ross stores for $19.99, and I need it in a Large. Thank you SOOOO much!! smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
I think this is an amazing plan :)

lol I totally was not trying to make a big deal about it :)

Honeymoon, sort of but not really lol. I told DH I won't have babies until I get to travel a bit, considering my wedding was my FIRST time anywhere!! So we want to enjoy our childless time as much as possible. A couple from my work was booking a last minute trip the same time as us so we figured what the hell! The more the merrier!

I checked out the DR section of the forum to see if I could help any BDW brides out while I was there, but the hotel I'm staying at must suck cause no one's getting married there! lol. Oh well, its the thought that counts right?
Thank you!!

How fun! You better show us pictures of fabulous DR :) I've always wanted to go there!

Quote:
I always thought I would wait too but my sister didn't and her reasons were that they were sooooo nervous as it was, and seeing each other and talking and having a quiet moment together before the ceremony made them less nervous. Her photog prepared a staged meeting and she hid and took pictures of BIL's first seeing my sister come to meet him - away from all the guests. He got tears, it was awesome. I think I'd be too scared to cry and I know Mark would not want to cry in front of the guests either, so that's why we have chosen to do pictures together first.
This was my exact thought, I thought it would be great to see each other privately, have a word and a tear and be relaxed and pumped for the ceremony... FI is not havin' it and already told me he's going to cry like a baby when he sees me walkin' down the aisle. Waterproof makeup anyone? YEP, ME! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
My FI is the same - he just turned round and said 'i'm not seeing you the night before - I'm sleeping in with dal and you can sleep in with laurel'!! Lol nice to be told haha but was still nice to hear him so traditional :) he's also excited about everyone trying to keep us apart the whole day of the wedding!!

And I don't think I can cope multi quoting on my iPhone!!
I'm having a bunch of my girlfriends over to my room night before the wedding for like a pj party and some will probably crash with me, I'm really excited for this but I'm afaid I won't get an ounce of sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
Im trying to figure out if I should have a cake or not. Nicole, did the cake taste good that you had? And what kind of icing was it? What is everyone else doing for cakes/dessert?
I'm having a 3-tier cake. I probably won't even have a bite besides what FI plans to smash into my face. This is dumb but ever since I was a little girl I remember wanting a 9-tier cake like Eddie Murphy did in his first marriage. I thought the cake was so grand and I loved it. So yeah, waste of money but it makes me happy so whatevs :)

Quote:
Oh I am soooo jealous Nicole. Have fun!!!!

I think we get dessert with our meal but I am also having a wedding cake - vanilla/vanilla. I want to have the cake cutting and since I downgraded for the free wedding package I decided I could pay for the cake. Its a total waste and I am still doing it.

Girls, I could F&%$#% kill my travel agent! I asked her Monday for an update on who has booked and NOTHING. My friend booked Tuesday and still does not have a confirmation. She is coming Mon-Mon and other girl is Tues-Mon and my TA said the first girl might have to pay for a double rate the first night even though it'll be one person that day. WTF. I am sooooo annoyed. I sent her an email last night to contact me ASAP. I think I have to lay into her to give her one more chance. If she cannot come through I am going to engage in a major smear campaign. This woman is going to bridal shows saying she is a TA for destination weddings and is so inept! OK thanks, needed to rant.
Oh man... you and me both on the TA drama! I wrote a long email to my TA's manager on Thursday requesting a new one. 3 out of 4 quotes he sent last week were wrong. THOUSANDS of dollar MORE than they should have been and for the wrong dates. ARRRRG! You aren't working with DestinationWeddings.com are you?

Good luck... I don't know what to do either...