Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Do you have a time cut off on your reception? Ours is 11pm at AS so that's why a lot of us are having earlier receptions. My sunset time is 7:15pm which is perfect as the sun will be setting during cocktail hour & a half which is when I'm taking pictures.

Despite me and my practicality of wanting to take pictures BEFORE the ceremony as I wasn't originally planning on having a cocktail hour, FI put his foot down and said he ABSOLUTELY wasn't seeing me before the wedding and it was bad luck. We're not even staying together the night before, he said he'll go crash with his BM (who's coming with his fiance so I don't know how she'll feel about that) but who knew he was so old fashionedhuh.gif?

I asked my fiance about this. He laughed and said we are only there for 5 night and he's spending all 5 night with me :) Then I talked to one of my bridesmaids and asked if my fiance could stay the night before the wedding with them, she laughed and said NO WAY MAN lol, they are only coming for the weekend and want those nights to themselves :) So there ya have it i guess.....
I think your FI is sweet for being old fashioned :)

Whoops, sorry Amy. Gets a little confusing with all us Amys round here wink.gif

I am taking wedding party pictures before the wedding and after. I dont really want that many of just the wedding party b/c I am still mad at myself for agreeing to have BMs more than just my sister. So, after the wedding I want a lot of family shots and groups of people then just me and Mark. Here is my schedule:

3:30 - bride and groom first meet shots

3:45 - wedding party

4:00 - BMs with bride (then we go do any touch ups needed)

4:15 - GM shots

4:30 - wedding starts

5:00 - cocktail hour starts (45 min of random shots)

5:45 - Family shots

6:15 - Friend Shots

6:30 - 10-15 mins of random shots

6:40 - 7:05pm - Bride and Groom leave to take pix alone

7:10pm - Entrance announced to Reception

I am only getting announced with FI - if we do parents and wedding party it would be 1/2 the group - LOL. Plus how do you announce Mark's Mom and step Dad and my mom and step dad and my dad and his live in girlfriend?!?! hahah I would rather avoid all that weird family ness wink.gif

Quote:
I knew it! I was gonna bust you and tell Nicole, she's trying to get that banner! LOL, I too did the same thing :)
I was only mentioning it because I know the mods do a lot of work to try and clean up the site to keep it running smoothly and out of respect for Tammy and all the hard work she does to give us a free community :)

I leave for Punta Cana tomorrow! I'm already in vacation mode and have a feeling that today is going to be the longest day of my life sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrommert View Post
I asked my fiance about this. He laughed and said we are only there for 5 night and he's spending all 5 night with me :) Then I talked to one of my bridesmaids and asked if my fiance could stay the night before the wedding with them, she laughed and said NO WAY MAN lol, they are only coming for the weekend and want those nights to themselves :) So there ya have it i guess.....
I think your FI is sweet for being old fashioned :)
Awww, that's really sweet!!! Maybe my FI want's time off before the life time commitment wink.gif I don't blame him!

We're going to be in Mexico for 12 days so we plan on spending a good 5 of those days with guests and after the wedding we're moving to another hotel for some us time wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
I was only mentioning it because I know the mods do a lot of work to try and clean up the site to keep it running smoothly and out of respect for Tammy and all the hard work she does to give us a free community :)

I leave for Punta Cana tomorrow! I'm already in vacation mode and have a feeling that today is going to be the longest day of my life sad.gif
Good point Nicole, I'm good now I promise :)

How exciting!! Is this for a honeymoonhuh.gif

Quote:
We're going to be in Mexico for 12 days so we plan on spending a good 5 of those days with guests and after the wedding we're moving to another hotel for some us time wink.gif
I think this is an amazing plan :)

Quote:
Good point Nicole, I'm good now I promise :)

How exciting!! Is this for a honeymoonhuh.gif
lol I totally was not trying to make a big deal about it :)

Honeymoon, sort of but not really lol. I told DH I won't have babies until I get to travel a bit, considering my wedding was my FIRST time anywhere!! So we want to enjoy our childless time as much as possible. A couple from my work was booking a last minute trip the same time as us so we figured what the hell! The more the merrier!

I checked out the DR section of the forum to see if I could help any BDW brides out while I was there, but the hotel I'm staying at must suck cause no one's getting married there! lol. Oh well, its the thought that counts right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
I wonder how strict the resorts are going to be on these "start times" and end times...I am having the same problem trying to decide when to do everything. Right now I am looking at 6:00 wedding...6:30-7:30 cocktail...7:30-whenever reception.

Question: Are you guys taking all your pics before the wedding? Or are yall waiting to see your FI at the wedding and taking joint pics after the ceremony?
I think I want to wait till after the ceremony to pics with FI...I dont really want him to see me in my dress before the ceremony

I always thought I would wait too but my sister didn't and her reasons were that they were sooooo nervous as it was, and seeing each other and talking and having a quiet moment together before the ceremony made them less nervous. Her photog prepared a staged meeting and she hid and took pictures of BIL's first seeing my sister come to meet him - away from all the guests. He got tears, it was awesome. I think I'd be too scared to cry and I know Mark would not want to cry in front of the guests either, so that's why we have chosen to do pictures together first.

Quote:
Do you have a time cut off on your reception? Ours is 11pm at AS so that's why a lot of us are having earlier receptions. My sunset time is 7:15pm which is perfect as the sun will be setting during cocktail hour & a half which is when I'm taking pictures.

Despite me and my practicality of wanting to take pictures BEFORE the ceremony as I wasn't originally planning on having a cocktail hour, FI put his foot down and said he ABSOLUTELY wasn't seeing me before the wedding and it was bad luck. We're not even staying together the night before, he said he'll go crash with his BM (who's coming with his fiance so I don't know how she'll feel about that) but who knew he was so old fashionedhuh.gif?
My FI is the same - he just turned round and said 'i'm not seeing you the night before - I'm sleeping in with dal and you can sleep in with laurel'!! Lol nice to be told haha but was still nice to hear him so traditional :) he's also excited about everyone trying to keep us apart the whole day of the wedding!!

And I don't think I can cope multi quoting on my iPhone!!