Sign in to follow this  
JennyK

My DIY Starfish & Orchid Boutonnieres

Any luck Jenny? If all else fails, you can always use the starfish to chuck at that lady at work! HAHA LOL!!

Bust out some Karate moves HI-YA!! smile67.gif

I have actually been thinking about ways to incorporate a starfish into the guys boutonniers but have only gotten as far as thinking about it. Maybe I will start playing a bit too, and I'll get my Mom to help since she is so creative it is sickening. Maybe with some of the ideas posted and a few of us working on some, we will find something that works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Jenny - I have some pretty small starfish if you want me to send you some. How many would you need? I am going away for the weekend (a DW!) right after work, but I can check when I get back how many I have that still have all five points. They seem like they might be smaller then yours are. (At least they seem smaller in my head)

Here is a pic from ebay of ones that I have
50+ 2"+ REAL FLAT TAN STARFISH SEASHELLS CRAFTS LOOK! - eBay (item 330245529308 end time Jun-25-08 16:06:49 PDT)
Click the image to open in full size.

And here is a pic in action on the flowergirl buckets
Sure! Let me know when you get back! The starfish I have aren't that big at all either..

I haven't worked on these since I gave up the other day.. I'm waiting for my mojo to come back

Have got any further on the boutonniers yet Jenny? Here is what I finally did up with a sea shell, rose leafs, starfish and turquoise ribbon.

Ewww. That pic didn't turn out so good. It looks good in the smaller icon. I guess I need some natural light to get it in focus properly.

I know this is an old thread (over a year old), but incase other new brides are reading it, here is my inspiration. Don't know where I got the pic from. Maybe a Facebook Group?

I am just getting ready to work on the bout for my daughters wedding - she would like to use shells for the groomsmen and a starfish for the groom. Thanks for all the great ideas - you girls are so creative!