I am getting married at a riu in cabo. But I have stayed there a couple of years ago, and its beautiful and in the heart of Cancun. I saw one wedding when I was there. I was very small but very pretty.

I'm getting married at the sister hotel next door, Riu Palace Las Americas. I have no pics of Riu Cancun, but I did visit a few times when going to the club there. It's beautiful and in a perfect location.

I was married last month at the Riu Caribe (approx 10 min away from the Riu Cancun and Las Americas). The three hotels share one wedding planner, Lizette Sanchez. She is absolutely phenomenal and will do everything she can to make your day perfect!

The Riu Caribe is the more laid back hotel of the three (older building--originally the Gran Caribe Real, bought by Riu Resorts in 2000, larger beach area, quiet hotel, incredibly friendly staff). It is slightly outside of the bar and restaurant strip (a $0.65 bus will take you there within 5-10 min), but very close to the ferry for Isla Mujeres. I had a beautiful beach ceremony (four post bamboo arch covered in hundreds of bright tropical flowers and tulle, an English-speaking officiant, a mariachi band, etc), a cocktail reception in the gazebo (champagne toasts and cake cutting), and an offsite dinner (sunset lobster cruise).

The Riu Cancun and the Las Americas are both very beautiful. The Riu Cancun has a small dance club in the main level of the hotel. We didn't like the fact that the sun goes down quickly at the Riu Cancun, and there is a lot of shade on the beach by early afternoon.

You will have a wonderful wedding at any of the three Riu resorts. Lizette will do a wonderful job!! One suggestion that I have is to bring your own photographer. We selected the package for 40 guests and ended up with two photographers--the hotel photographer (for 12 pictures--included in the package), and Citlalli Rico (phenomenal!). The hotel photographer pics are pretty basic (candids, colors and black and whites) and we're happy we brought in Citlalli!

I submitted my wedding request today. Hoping the date and time selected gets confirmed. Then we will book our trip as we got pricing earlier this week. I have some information, pics the hotel sent me if you wish to view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBride82 View Post
I was married last month at the Riu Caribe (approx 10 min away from the Riu Cancun and Las Americas). The three hotels share one wedding planner, Lizette Sanchez. She is absolutely phenomenal and will do everything she can to make your day perfect!

-Thank you for that information. I'm still looking through reviews, I haven't tried calling any hotels yet but I am still really leaning toward Riu Palace Las Americas. I'm glad the wedding planner is good.
The Riu Caribe is the more laid back hotel of the three (older building--originally the Gran Caribe Real, bought by Riu Resorts in 2000, larger beach area, quiet hotel, incredibly friendly staff). It is slightly outside of the bar and restaurant strip (a $0.65 bus will take you there within 5-10 min), but very close to the ferry for Isla Mujeres. I had a beautiful beach ceremony (four post bamboo arch covered in hundreds of bright tropical flowers and tulle, an English-speaking officiant, a mariachi band, etc), a cocktail reception in the gazebo (champagne toasts and cake cutting), and an offsite dinner (sunset lobster cruise).

-Do you have a post somewhere of your wedding and some pictures?

The Riu Cancun and the Las Americas are both very beautiful. The Riu Cancun has a small dance club in the main level of the hotel. We didn't like the fact that the sun goes down quickly at the Riu Cancun, and there is a lot of shade on the beach by early afternoon.

-Is that also an issue at RPLA?

You will have a wonderful wedding at any of the three Riu resorts. Lizette will do a wonderful job!! One suggestion that I have is to bring your own photographer. We selected the package for 40 guests and ended up with two photographers--the hotel photographer (for 12 pictures--included in the package), and Citlalli Rico (phenomenal!). The hotel photographer pics are pretty basic (candids, colors and black and whites) and we're happy we brought in Citlalli!
-Is Citlalli local to Cancun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
Friend got married there a couple of years ago she loved it - are you defecting lmao
haha caught me! i might be defecting ... riu cancun would be more affordable for my guests, except that dreams has the "kids free" offer. besides, you don't really want me getting married the same day as you, do you?? wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
haha caught me! i might be defecting ... riu cancun would be more affordable for my guests, except that dreams has the "kids free" offer. besides, you don't really want me getting married the same day as you, do you?? wink.gif
Chick if its you I honestly don't mind lol fellow saxophonists etc lmao its a worldwide club ya know lol

My friend got married there and she loved it - but wishes she could have afforded le blanc lol You've gotta think about what you want - we went for Dreams for the kids and now I don't think any are coming lmao

Don't defect I need a break from the FMIL lmaosmile105.gif