Candy Bar / Buffet - Authentic Mexican Candy

personally, I'm not a fan of Mexican candy, either - although I did include them once in my birthday party and everyone loved trying the different flavors, kinds wink.gif.

You might try this site: Ricolino Candies / Dulces y golocinas Ricolino - mexican candy

Also, try doing a search under "dulces de Mexico" - I think you'll find a lot more things.

You might also try this: Mexican Candy - Sweet Little Mexico

What you are searching for is "typical mexican candy" or "dulces tipico de mexico."

Hope that helps!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PULPARINDO. YUM! I buy boxes of them when I go down to visit family. It's a sweet and tart tamarind candy.

Also, "Glorias". They are a cross between dulce de leche/caramel. So good.

Mazapan is another one. All of these are very authentic and am sure your guests would love if only for the novelty!

I'm having a candy buffett too and am so excited!!

I gave away small bags of Mexican candy as favors at my AHR and posted about it last year but I can't find the post. I think the name of the online store I ordered from was Dandy Boy. It's in the post if I can find it. I got tons of candy for $60. Our favorite had to be De la Rosas marzapan. A sweet peanut based confection. I also had chili flovored lolipops, Esponge Bob (Sponge Bob) gum with rub on tattoos, taramind candy,Ibarra Mexican Chocolate, and a few others. If i can find the names of the candy and or web site, I'll post them later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
PULPARINDO. YUM! I buy boxes of them when I go down to visit family. It's a sweet and tart tamarind candy.

Also, "Glorias". They are a cross between dulce de leche/caramel. So good.

Mazapan is another one. All of these are very authentic and am sure your guests would love if only for the novelty!

I'm having a candy buffett too and am so excited!!
my FI and I love pulparindo, but there were warnings awhile ago that they could contain traces of lead, so we no longer eat them.

FYI, mazapan is actually spelled MARZIPAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky k72 View Post
I gave away small bags of Mexican candy as favors at my AHR and posted about it last year but I can't find the post. I think the name of the online store I ordered from was Dandy Boy. It's in the post if I can find it. I got tons of candy for $60. Our favorite had to be De la Rosas marzapan. A sweet peanut based confection. I also had chili flovored lolipops, Esponge Bob (Sponge Bob) gum with rub on tattoos, taramind candy,Ibarra Mexican Chocolate, and a few others. If i can find the names of the candy and or web site, I'll post them later.
karen thats awesome! de la rosa makes some of my fave candies. marzipan is actually not peanut based, it's made from almonds.

i LOOOOOOVE the chile flavored lollipops - there's a special one that they give out at a specific taco chain restaurant in mx that i am obsessed with, and when my FI was just in mexico he got like 20 of them one night he went there and brought them back as part of my present haha.

did the package for your sponge bob stuff really say "esponge bob"? i ask because in mexico, he's called "bob esponja"

the tamarind candy is pulparindo

I just dug out a bag of the candy that I saved.

Maura, your'e right. It is Bob Esponja. We also have Vero Elotes which are corn shaped lollipops covered in chilei and Manita de la suerte lollipops. Oh and also these little packets of lemon and chili candy powder - "pica-limon." I checked on where I ordered from. It was Dandy Boy. However, I think the web site is now shut down.

The website you found has some good ones! Here are my favorites:

Mango chile pops - when we were kids we used to fight over these! If you can get the real candied/dried mango covered in chile YUM! If not these candy mango ones are still great

Click the image to open in full size.

De la rosa mazapan - classic!

I like pulparindo too!

Gotta have chicle!

And like Karen mentioned the pica limon or any of the sour powders are fun!