flower question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pam4Geo

• 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:47 AM

do fresh flowers hold up in the tropical heat? i really want a fresh flower bouquet and hair flowers, but i worry they'll wilt quickly HELP!

#2 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:11 AM

My bouquet looked just as good 2 days afterwards as it did the first day. It was all roses.

#3 FLORENTA

• Vendor
      • 23 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

strong colors will last ok, but if you go for whites, then choose orchids or roses, they last longer!

#4 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

They do hold up - as long as they are in water and in air conditioning before the ceremony and you take them out as you are getting ready to walk down the aisle. They should (depending on time of year and flower) hold up for all the ceremony and most of the reception. If they are in oasis (i.e. in a hold as opposed to just long stems) they will, of course, last a lot longer. :) When I say "hold up" I mean they won't start looking all wilted. Flowers in a bouquet holder have always looked good enough that we've been able to display them on the cake table with the cake :).

#5 cincin

• 109 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

I think you will be fine. I want fresh flowers also and I know other brides who used fresh flowers for their wedding and they held up really good!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users