Photo

Review of our Site Visit June 2 - 6th

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#11 milejilo

milejilo
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:24 AM

As if we weren't busy enough.... lol. I managed to squeeze in a site visit at Xcaret park. I just called and asked if they could arrange for a meeting with the wedding coordinator and luckily they were able to squeeze us in.

Xcaret Park

I know this has been said before, but this place is magical. The grounds are beautiful, the chapel is sooo pretty, the ocean is breath-taking. The restaurants are really cool. Here are some pictures we took, but they don't do the place any justice... there is a post somewhere with pictures taken by delsol photography, that will give you a better feel as to what a wedding will look like there.

this is the entrance for the wedding guests and bride and groom

Click the image to open in full size.

pictures of the chapel

if you dont want to get married in the chapel, there's always the ocean, providing the tide is low....

Dos Playas restaurant option for reception

La Isla restaurant option for reception. My favorite as you can tell

#12 milejilo

milejilo
    • 313 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

Azul Beach Resort

We stayed at the Azul Beach resort and loved the boutique hotel feel. There's only 98 rooms at this resort and our stay there was beyond what we expected. Everyone was extremely nice and more than willing to do whatever possible to make our stay there a nice one. Food was extremely good, the Asian restaurant being our favorite. Azul was the perfect rustic-chic style we had been looking for... However a couple of the cons of this hotel, the rooms there are very very small and pretty basic. My Fiance and I were basically struggling for room in the morning to get ready. So if you stay here, I suggest getting an upgraded room. As much as we loved the quiet relaxed vibe of this hotel, I think it might be to quiet for us. Not that we're a wild and crazy bunch, lol... but I do want to have a fun wedding reception with tons of music and dancing...

ok, I truly had to kick FI out of this area all the time... It's way to small.

amazing view from our room

looooooved the beach beds

kids club

private dinner on the beach... we should have definitely done this, but we had no time

the very small wave lounge. I think it could work perhaps for a cocktail hour

Ok, so I lied... this is the only glimpse of a wedding we had all week

#13 milejilo

milejilo
      • 313 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:53 AM

Azul Beach cont....

BBQ on the beach... the food was really good

They go fishing on Fridays and grill their catch right on the beach... Unfortunately we had to leave for the airport before lunch time :

Asian restaurant... we loved the sushi

ok, so I had to post this... there is a nudist resort right next door... They aren't allowed on the azul property but if you don't want to run into this, just don't take a walk to the right of the resort....

#14 Denise40

Denise40
        • 407 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:16 AM

Those were some great reviews!! It makes me wish I was renewing my vows again so that I can do site visits and pick another awesome place to go. Maybe for our 50th. LOL. So, we all want to know, which one did you choose From reading your reviews, I think I know which one you are leaning towards. LOL Can't wait to hear.

#15 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
          • 687 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Wow what a great site visit! You guys saw a ton while you were there. You thought you were overwhelmed before you went, but now you have all of this to sort through!

First off, XCarat Park would be breathtaking for a wedding and I can only imagine $$$! It was really fun to see wedding option pics from there!

I totally know what you mean about Azul Beach! We loved the look and feel of the resort, but the rooms stink and we were in a "larger one". We didn't have a chance to see the suite but it is very nice and the only way to go for a wedding IMO. We also thought that it might be a little too quiet and too small.

I think the Paradisus is a strong choice for a wedding. We liked the size of the resrt, the pools and the rooms. However we thought food and drinks were better at Azul.

Like you we wanted to pick and choose what parts we like and create our own perfect resort. That is what lead us to booking at Azul Sensatori. It is not open yet, but I think it will be a great mix of what we are going for.

Dreams Cancun also looks great, but my fiance is a and didn't want to be married at a place called "dreams". I was mad at him for a few days because I thought that was the dumbest thing I have ever heard and Dreams Resorts get rave reviews for weddings. But it's his wedding too, right?

Beach Palace looks great too!
            So many choices!!!!
            Have fun deciding!
            Photography by Tamm's Photos
            http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#16 Princess402

Princess402
            • 737 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

Thanks so much for posting all of this!
              These site reviews and pictures are so amazing and helpful!

After looking at all of them I think I like the Paradisus myself, but I have looked into the reception options and it seems too expensive for my budget since I'm planning on bringing a group of at least 40 with me and want a private reception with dinner and dancing and drinks all night!

#17 rachelannmartin

rachelannmartin
              • 192 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

WOW! Thanks so much for the great reviews! Too bad you couldn't sneak Dreams Tulum into your SO VERY busy schedule....but wow! sooooo many choices! Good luck and I'm sure that no matter what you decide, it will be beautiful and magical!
                Congrats!

#18 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:19 AM

I absolutely love the Beach Palace sky bar! WOW! Great pics :):):)

#19 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
                  • 279 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for posting your reviews and pictures, we're getting married at the Moon Palace but are going to the Beach Palace for a way, I'm so excited about sky bar, so cool.
                    Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#20 mtomas5555

mtomas5555
                    • 156 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

Great pics and reviews! Thanks so much!!
                      I am getting married at the Moon Palace on August 11, 2008.
                      We're getting married in the Bugambilia gazebo and our wedding dinner is inside at the Steakhouse.
                      I am happy to hear that there will be a lot for my guests to do while they are there!!!
                      So, all in all... did you like the Moon Palace?

Thanks,
                      Melissa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users