Silly question???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 mrspeterson2b

• 34 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the support girls! You're all such a huge help!

#12 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

I totally agree with not sharing too much info with guests on LC! we are doing the same thing and want our guests to be really surprised! My STD's just went out and all I said was to save the date for a wedding in PV...no mention of LC at all...I am thinking when my invites go out or somewhere along the line I will mention the boat ride but not much more!

#13 jajajaja

• VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

Did you all see what TA-Lindsay did? She has them board a bus the day of the wedding and had a guest (maybe it was her mom? FMIL?) read a letter from them describing where they were going. It was a complete surprise right up until they began driving to the marina. I think she has a video somewhere.
        Happily married since 2008

#14 mrspeterson2b

• 34 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:38 AM

What a great idea! Most of my family (coming from the midwest) has never been on a plane or left the country so I'd like to make the trip as exciting as I can. Woo hoo! I'm so excited!!!!

#15 Celina

• Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:07 PM

How exciting! The starfish theme is great! I don't have any starfish in my wedding decor, but am giving my BM's starfish necklaces as gifts with a card that says the symbolism of the starfish.
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#16 lesley_mexico_bride

• 230 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

ughhh, I wish I don't open my big mouth when I get really excited about things, having it be a semi surprise would have been awesome!!

#17 amandalsu

• 122 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

I had my welcome dinner at Epoca. We had appetizers and an open bar. It was fantastic and a really good price. It was more than enough food and everyone loved the food. The ribs were out of this world. I was worried that with only appetizers, it wouldn't be enough food for everyone. I was way wrong! The food was served buffet style instead of passed which allows guests to get a lot more food. The only downside was the number of sea birds circling that dropped a few prices on two of the guests. They have the tables set under palapas but there weren't enough to cover all of our guests. I would ask for additional umbrella coverage if you have a large party. Everyone liked being on the beach but having easy access to the resturant restrooms.

I have eaten at Barcelona and just to warn you it is on the 3rd and 4th floor of a building that is several blocks in from the beach and at the top of a hill. This eliminated it from our consideration because of older guests. The food there is great and we recommended it to several guest that when and ate there during the week. It is definitely pricier though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users