Jump to content

Photo

What's your #1 romantic movie?


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

JennyK
  • Sr. Member
  • 3,502 posts

    Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

    Most of the time, when the FI is out with his friends and I have the night to myself, I like to sit in bed with a bowl of ice cream and watch MY movies that he refuses to watch.

    My Top 3 ROMANTIC movies to watch are:
    • Legends of the Fall (watched this one Fri. night hehe)
    • Romeo & Juliet (1968 Franco Zefferelli)
    • The Notebook

    What are yours? Any suggestions?

    #2 jajajaja

    jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

      Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

      I also LOVED the notebook.

      Hmmm...I got a list one time from the internet and tried to watch some of the "older" movies that I had missed. I ended up loving The Way We Were with Robert Redford and Barbara Streisand.
      Happily married since 2008

      #3 Jenn79

      Jenn79
      • Member
      • 625 posts

        Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

        Serendipity
        Hope Floats
        When Harry met Sally

        There are many more that I watch on a regular basis as well, but these are my favourites.
        Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
        Review Pictures Pro Pictures
        "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

        #4 Celina

        Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

          Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

          Pretty Woman!
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

          #5 PenMarie

          PenMarie
          • Newbie
          • 133 posts

            Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JennyK
            • Legends of the Fall (watched this one Fri. night hehe)
            • Romeo & Juliet (1968 Franco Zefferelli)
            • The Notebook

            What are yours? Any suggestions?
            I don't really have any suggestions I can think of now...but I had to comment on your pick of "Legends of the Fall" -- that movie is worth its weight in gold just for Brad Pitt as Tristan...love the beginning when he comes riding in on his horse with his long blonde hair flowing in the air...he is to DIE FOR!!...daggone!!

            #6 JennyK

            JennyK
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,502 posts

              Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PenMarie
              I don't really have any suggestions I can think of now...but I had to comment on your pick of "Legends of the Fall" -- that movie is worth its weight in gold just for Brad Pitt as Tristan...love the beginning when he comes riding in on his horse with his long blonde hair flowing in the air...he is to DIE FOR!!...daggone!!
              I go into a trance when I watch that movie. hehe not one scene where he doesn't look delicious.

              #7 PenMarie

              PenMarie
              • Newbie
              • 133 posts

                Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                I also LOVED the notebook.
                I ended up loving The Way We Were with Robert Redford and Barbara Streisand.
                WOW, great pick, Rachel!...I have this on dvd myself -- you reminded me how much I love this movie!

                #8 JennyK

                JennyK
                • Sr. Member
                • 3,502 posts

                  Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                  I also LOVED the notebook.

                  Hmmm...I got a list one time from the internet and tried to watch some of the "older" movies that I had missed. I ended up loving The Way We Were with Robert Redford and Barbara Streisand.
                  Another really good old romantic movie is Love Story. It's got that famous line "Love means never having to say you're sorry"

                  #9 MsShelley

                  MsShelley

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

                    Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:25 PM

                    I love P.S. I Love You and the Notebook

                    #10 Jenn79

                    Jenn79
                    • Member
                    • 625 posts

                      Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:27 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JennyK
                      Another really good old romantic movie is Love Story. It's got that famous line "Love means never having to say you're sorry"
                      I still cry every time I watch this movie! My husband refuses to watch it since I get so emotional.
                      Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                      Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                      "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users