How To Communicate W. Guests?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

I am not sure if I am posting this to the correct area, so if not it can be moved.

I was wondering how other brides/grooms communicated with their guests? The resort we selected is rather large (3 resorts) and we plan on having around 50 - 60 people and were wondering how to stay in touch with everyone.

Did people get walkie talkies? Setup meeting times for guests?
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#2 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

I think walkie talkies would be a little difficult. those things never work that great and if the resort is that big, i'm not sure they would be able to work anyway.

I would just setup a welcome reception. I'm just going to have everyone meet at the lobby bar at my resort so it's free since i've pretty much blown my budget. Make sure you get everyone's room numbers when they check in.

At fsil's wedding, everyone kinda just met at a certain bar everynight. it wasn't always planned but it worked out. And people didn't have to meet. Some people like to do their own thing on vacay.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:25 AM

In our welcome bags we are going to put the time and place of the welcome dinner....other than that (and the wedding) people are on their own...people who want to be in touch with each other will find a way...it'd be WAY too stressfull trying to manage 50-60 people. If the resort will give you room number before hand...maybe make up a list of when people are coming and going and their room numbers...so that they can get in touch with each other if/when they want to
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#4 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

we have been thinking about this lately as well...our resort does not have telephones in the rooms.

we are putting an 'itinerary' with meeting times and places in each OOT bag and i am also thinking about putting a rooming list but haven't decided on that yet

#5 Kristin113

• 72 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

We are having a Welcome Party the first nigt everyone gets to Aruba so we can inform people about what's going on then and we also made itinerary's that will be going in the OOT bags letting people know all of the important dates/places and times. We also put our cell phone number on them as well since not everyone is staying at the same hotel, just in case they really need some info. But I think for the most part when people are on vacation they will want to be doing their own thing.

I really wouldn't be to worried about keeping track of 50-60 people, you will drive yourself crazy....and remember this is your vacation too :o)

#6 LisaG

• VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

I think everyone ends up at the pool during the day. That's how we all kept in touch - we would just go to the pool or breakfast and there was always someone in our group there.

#7 NewOrleansbride

• 358 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

I saw an idea to put post it notes and pens in the OOT bags. That way guests can leave little notes on each others doors telling them were they will be, what time to meet, etc. It's not entirely efficient, but it's better than not having anything.

#8 LisaG

• VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

Yes, we were all talking about that, but then people (staff) would know you weren't in your room and maybe try to take advantage of that...never know.

#9 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:41 PM

The post it notes are a a good idea, but good point about staffers. Hmm...
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#10 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:31 PM

A wedding in Cuba that we went to, everyone would meet up at the lobby bar in the evening. The resort was smaller, so there was only one buffet, making it very easy to run into other wedding guests there as well.

We have already been to the resort that we are getting married at and last time we were with a group as well. Last time we usually went to the one buffet, and then we would meet up at the bar outside the buffet for evening drinks. As our resort is a 4 in 1, and this time we are staying in a different area, the same buffet and bar are central to everything. Once we arrive at the resort, we will show everyone where it is and let them know that we can use that as a general meeting place in the evenings.
                      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users