Barceló Maya Colonial Beach

There are only two grills on the beach and they are the exact same BUT I think only one is free and not used at night. The grill was great it was nice to be by the water BUT no on the sand. We did not get a DJ we brought a CD for dinner and then used an Ipod. By the time we ate the five course meal we were a bit full to dance! They have both the CD and Ipod you can use and it is not extra. They have a sound system in there and you can use the microphones for speeches also, everything was very easy to use and figure out (we had one of the best men do it quick when we got to the dinner).

I did have my hair done in the salon and it was good.... They have LOTS of pictures and you can also bring your own. I had heard that the makeup there was something to skip so I just did my own. BUT the hair was good my sister also got her hair done and she loved it! The salon is very nice and most days not very busy.

Man I wish I could go back! YOU are going to LOVE it!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Girls!!!!

I'm getting married at the Colonial on February 12th 2008. Our WC is Claudia and she is very good to work with. It takes her a few days to get back to us, but she does answer all of our questions that we have. We have found that there is a language barrier, so we cannot be too "wordy" when we ask them.

We are having our ceremony at 3:00p.m., then the reception will be at 6:00p.m. on the beach, leaving us 3 hours for photos to be taken.

We are bringing down our own paper lanterns to hang around the tables, we are having the round tables with white linens. We are also bringing down our own chair sashes that we will use during our ceremony then they will be transfered to the reception. For our centerpieces, we didn't like what the Barcelo offered, and when we asked Claudia how much the centerpieces that we wanted would cost [palm leaves in simple vases] they were $250.00 American each- and we need about 12!!!! So, no thank you. smile105.gif Instead, we are going to go into Playa Del Carman a few days before hand, to get a few remainders for the OOT bags, but we are also going to get artefacts or unique items to place on the tables as the centerpieces. Then, we are bringing candles from home to add light to the tables, just a mixture of different types. We will be sticking an arrow underneath the centerpieces, pointing towards a seat, and who ever is sitting in that spot will get to take home that centerpiece.

We are going to be having a welcome cocktail on the Tuesday that we arrive, so that our guests can "meet and great" each other. That is when we will be also handing out the OOT bags. Other than that, we aren't planning anything else, letting our guests plan their own vacation. However, we want to charter a boat for some deep sea fishing, but I don't even know how or where to start with that.

Oh, we are also bringing down our photographer with us, she is amazing. We are letting her lead us for the TTD, because she has done it down there once before.

I look forward to chatting with all you ladies!!!!

~~

Hi Ladies,

I have a couple silly questions so please don't laugh at me! ha-ha We are planning quick and I can't help but feel we are very far behind?

Ok here I go....what wedding package did you go with?

I see for the Sea Breeze which is what I think we will go with you have to pay extra for each additional person after 20? If this is correct do they count children in that number?

Also at what stage of planning did you pick table linens etc.?

I think that we will be in one of their banquet rooms so are we responsible for picking lines etc. before we get there? Also, do they have standard centerpieces etc. or do we have to take or purchase there?

Thank you I would love any help I can get!!!!!

Carie :)

Hi Carie,

We went with the Ocean Scents package because we really wanted the reception on the beach and they had the best menu. You have a choice of white, navy blue, or red linens, round tables [that seat 7-9 people] or a really long table.

The centerpieces that they supple are lanterns with fruit around them, they are cute. Or, you can pick flowers that are the same as your bouquet, but it costs more.

Here are some pictures.

Click the image to open in full size.

~~

Carie,

I was surprised to find that the WC had way more options in linens/colors then they stated in email. I am very low key (we were very relaxed about the whole thing) so we picked out everything when we got there. We meet with Gabriella the day after we got there (she let us a note at the desk when we checked in) At this meeting she planned the whole thing... like music, readings, vows, flowers, cake, Beach set up, center pieces, review the meal menu (this she did ask us to pick two weeks before), chares and chair bows. She then also took us on a tour of the place and showed us where the wedding would be ... where the back up places if rain was to come (it did not) where the dinner would be...

For the meal. It was extra for each person over 20 BUT well worth it! Everyone thought the food was great! and there was a lot of it! KIDS are FREE and you can pick their food we had pasta and chicken fingers/fries) we did the FREE fruit center pieces and LOVED them. Very simple BUT very beach-y tropical. Really you are only in there for a few hours and they look so fresh and fun! I have pictures I promises I will try to get them on tonight when I am at home. ( I dont have the disk here at work)

cheers.gif