Photo

Filene's Running of the Brides in Chicago

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 Bianca

Bianca
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

I went to the ROTB in DC also... I just found my camera so here are the photos of the dress I got. I still love it and am so happy I found it!

We got to Filene's at about 5am. The line was already wrapped around the building. At that point I figured that there weren't going to be any more dresses on the racks so I was a little sad, but I got over it. So by the time we got in, it was a mad house. There were people everywhere and it was crazy hot. I was with my mom and sister so we each went our own ways. I think my sister eventually got a dress from someone so I started trading away. In the end we had about 12 dresses we had gathered. There were a couple that were okay, but i wanted a dress that I loved.

We were trying on dresses in a pretty crowded area so we decided to move somewhere else. We went to the shoe department so we had a nice aisle to ourselves and a huge hidden mirror to use! It was a great spot. In the aisle next to us I saw a bride trying on a dress that I LOVED. My sister saw her too. That bride had the dress in her top 3 choices so we were basically stalking her. Eventually she moved away (I assume) bc my sister kept on looking at her. She finally took the dress off so I went over to her to ask if she was still getting the dress. I offered her any of the dresses that we had and she came to check them out. She gave the dress I wanted and I put it on. I knew that I had to have the dress. She wasn't finding anything that interested her in my stuff so my sister came over to tell me that I needed to disappear with the dress if I wanted to keep it.

At this point I wasn't positive I what I wanted, but I knew that I didn't want to lose the dress and then regret it, so I just ran for it. I took off the dress and started walking around. I grabbed another dress I found in case I wanted to trade with someone. Then I saw the bride that gave me my dress and I heard, "Excuse me!" I started to walk faster and lost her. I found a corner of the store and just sat down and hid for a good 15 minutes. I befriended some people there and I left my dress with them to go find my mom and sister. I eventually found them and tried on my dress again. I loved it and I knew it was the one. I have not had any urges to go try on any other dresses. I am so happy I found my dress!

Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
    19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
    http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#52 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Bianca
      Then I saw the bride that gave me my dress and I heard, "Excuse me!" I started to walk faster and lost her. I found a corner of the store and just sat down and hid for a good 15 minutes. I befriended some people there and I left my dress with them to go find my mom and sister. I eventually found them and tried on my dress again. I loved it and I knew it was the one. I have not had any urges to go try on any other dresses. I am so happy I found my dress!
      That totally cracked me up imagining you dashing through the store and hiding out from the other bride!!!

Congrats on finding your dress!! So pretty!

#53 mhoudek

mhoudek
      • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:20 PM

I meant to reply about my Filene's trip. Mine was not succesful You do have to get there early but honestly if you come a little later once people start giving back dresses you are fine too! I have been extremly picky and could not figure out what I want. I have been to literally 10 places and probably tried on 200 dresses.So I left empty handed and VERY sad. But thankfully that following Monday I went out and found a dress!!!!! Randomly on a trip I thought was going to be a waste!!!! :)
        Matt and Melissa
        April 18, 2009
        Ceremony at Private Beach in Playacar
        Reception at Kool Beach Club
        Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users