Jump to content

Photo

atlantis


  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#71 ultimateme143

ultimateme143
  • Newbie
  • 70 posts

    Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

    Hi Classadiva

    Here are some pointers and answers to your questions
    1) $150 minimum: Negotiating lower was never an option. We were well above it and didnt have anything crazy. We had a buffet because it was outside. And because we also had a welcome dinner at Carmines which was so amazing. Everything is a per person price, so if you are going to have 100 people be careful becuase its going to get REALLY expensive. We invited 80 and only 40 came.

    2) They do still require all the guests to stay onsite. But the group rates are REALLY good. The ones that stayed 3 nights payed $199 a night at the beach tower. I had some guests stay only two nights and it wasnt a problem, but I thinks its because the majority were staying 3-5 nights. The only thing that I warn you about it if you reserve 10 rooms for 3 nights, then you must book at least 30 nights total. So if some people only stay 2 nights and you reserved the room for 3 then the extra night needs to be made up else where. Its confusing. I didnt know that and almost had to pay, but I ended up the exact amout I reserved. I thought it was just the total amount of rooms, not nights.

    3) You can hire your own vendors, but they have to be from the bahamas or else you have to pay for a work permit. My suggestion is if you want to bring your own photographer then just say he/she is one of your friends taking the photo's. But the DJ is through Atlantis. They give you a whole list of vendors to go through. Becareful with Floral Arts. They are pricey. I spent $3500 and things were not what I expected.

    4) You have to purchase the cake through them and I tell you that was the biggest shock to me when it came to price. Like I said everything is a per person price. My cake was $17 a person. Thats $782 for a 40 person wedding. (that included the 15% service charge they tack onto everything)

    5) The site fee is $3500 now. They were pretty strict on that as well, but feel free to ask.

    6) Atlantis assigns you a coordinator. Carolyn was mine. She was great. No matter how many changes or emails I sent she was always happy to help. I promise you they treat you like royalty there. But keep in mind that you are dealing with Island people. They are care free and easy going. You might not get an answer in an hour, but you will get one by the next day. she made all my reservations for me and for my family

    7) I thought my wedding was perfect. They threw upgrades at us left and right. Room, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, breakfast the morning after the wedding etc...Everyone there knew we were there to get married and were so loving to us.

    Hope it helps. you can check out www.shaunkristenswedding.shutterfly.com to see pictures

    #72 classadiva

    classadiva
    • Member
    • 685 posts

      Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ultimateme143
      Hi Classadiva

      Here are some pointers and answers to your questions
      1) $150 minimum: Negotiating lower was never an option. We were well above it and didnt have anything crazy. We had a buffet because it was outside. And because we also had a welcome dinner at Carmines which was so amazing. Everything is a per person price, so if you are going to have 100 people be careful becuase its going to get REALLY expensive. We invited 80 and only 40 came.

      2) They do still require all the guests to stay onsite. But the group rates are REALLY good. The ones that stayed 3 nights payed $199 a night at the beach tower. I had some guests stay only two nights and it wasnt a problem, but I thinks its because the majority were staying 3-5 nights. The only thing that I warn you about it if you reserve 10 rooms for 3 nights, then you must book at least 30 nights total. So if some people only stay 2 nights and you reserved the room for 3 then the extra night needs to be made up else where. Its confusing. I didnt know that and almost had to pay, but I ended up the exact amout I reserved. I thought it was just the total amount of rooms, not nights.

      3) You can hire your own vendors, but they have to be from the bahamas or else you have to pay for a work permit. My suggestion is if you want to bring your own photographer then just say he/she is one of your friends taking the photo's. But the DJ is through Atlantis. They give you a whole list of vendors to go through. Becareful with Floral Arts. They are pricey. I spent $3500 and things were not what I expected.

      4) You have to purchase the cake through them and I tell you that was the biggest shock to me when it came to price. Like I said everything is a per person price. My cake was $17 a person. Thats $782 for a 40 person wedding. (that included the 15% service charge they tack onto everything)

      5) The site fee is $3500 now. They were pretty strict on that as well, but feel free to ask.

      6) Atlantis assigns you a coordinator. Carolyn was mine. She was great. No matter how many changes or emails I sent she was always happy to help. I promise you they treat you like royalty there. But keep in mind that you are dealing with Island people. They are care free and easy going. You might not get an answer in an hour, but you will get one by the next day. she made all my reservations for me and for my family

      7) I thought my wedding was perfect. They threw upgrades at us left and right. Room, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, breakfast the morning after the wedding etc...Everyone there knew we were there to get married and were so loving to us.

      Hope it helps. you can check out www.shaunkristenswedding.shutterfly.com to see pictures

      First of all..your pictures are GORGEOUS!!! they make me want to have my wedding at the Atlantis all the more. Did you use their photographers?

      Second...thank you so very much for your response. It was very helpful. I just have a few more questions. Are you saying that the cost of the Carmine's dinner was used in the calculation for the $150 per person? That was a great idea...the Carmines there is very nice.

      Just to be clear, I can use my own photographer and florist, but MUST use their vendor for the DJ? If so...how much did the DJ run? How were you able to make your selection?

      I noticed that you had the blue/white colors throughout your wedding and reception....did you get to pick those colors? Does the site fee include the decoration for these things and does it include the price of chairs at the wedding and reception?

      I don't think I will have a problem with the room minimum...I would actually suggest that my family and friends consider staying at the timeshare at the Atlantis Harborside as it might be more cost effective as a two-bedroom can hold 8 people and the large 1 bedrooms 4 or 5. I assume they include Harborside in these calculations.

      Anyway...thanks again.

      #73 ultimateme143

      ultimateme143
      • Newbie
      • 70 posts

        Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

        I am more then happy to help.

        1) I did use one of the photographers that they recomended. His name is Kevin Williams. They give you a whole list to choose from, but he sent me sample books and was willing to work with me in my budget. He ran me $4000 but that includes my 60 page book, 3 parents books, 4 miniture books and all the rights to the pictures (so I can print them where ever and when ever)

        2) The $150 can be used for up to two events. Between the bar/cocktail food/dinner I promise you that you will spend more then $150 a person. I think ours was like $200 without the Welcome dinner. The Welcome dinner was so great, they put us in a private room and it seemed like they brought in special waiters just for us becuase they never left.

        3) You can use who ever you want for your vendors. But as you know Atlantis is very big, so the people that they get you in contact with know the property very well. Plus they are recommended by the resort, so you know you are dealing with professionals. They give you more then one option, so you can choose who you want.

        4) When you make your selections for music, they give you a list. Do you want a band/dj/Sax/Calypso/violin ect... I chose a DJ ($450 per hour) and Calypso ($400 I think)for the cocktail hour, you can give them all your requests of songs. They do this all the time and Atlantis is not a cheesy place so you can trust them to give you the best that they have. I loved the fire dancer also ($600). That made it more then just a party but a show.

        5) The thing that I liked about Atlantis was that you get to choose whatever you want. Colors, flowers, type of cake, food, music, decor, setting, location etc...There really is no limit to your imagination that they cant pull off. See a picture, send it to them, get a quote and its done. I originally started with a budget but then I ended up having to cut it in half. So what I had was the best that I could do with my budget. I ended up cutting a lot. But I wouldnt of had it any other way. It couldnt have been more perfect. Its was so organized and I didnt have to do anything. They knew what needed to be done.

        6) Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Somthings might seem crazy to pay for, but it is top of the line. The only thing that I wish I knew in advance was the lighting (they give you lighting for out door receptions) but the lighting was red/orange. It just didnt go with the blue/white. So I wish I could have changed that.

        #74 classadiva

        classadiva
        • Member
        • 685 posts

          Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ultimateme143
          I am more then happy to help.

          1) I did use one of the photographers that they recomended. His name is Kevin Williams. They give you a whole list to choose from, but he sent me sample books and was willing to work with me in my budget. He ran me $4000 but that includes my 60 page book, 3 parents books, 4 miniture books and all the rights to the pictures (so I can print them where ever and when ever)

          2) The $150 can be used for up to two events. Between the bar/cocktail food/dinner I promise you that you will spend more then $150 a person. I think ours was like $200 without the Welcome dinner. The Welcome dinner was so great, they put us in a private room and it seemed like they brought in special waiters just for us becuase they never left.

          3) You can use who ever you want for your vendors. But as you know Atlantis is very big, so the people that they get you in contact with know the property very well. Plus they are recommended by the resort, so you know you are dealing with professionals. They give you more then one option, so you can choose who you want.

          4) When you make your selections for music, they give you a list. Do you want a band/dj/Sax/Calypso/violin ect... I chose a DJ ($450 per hour) and Calypso ($400 I think)for the cocktail hour, you can give them all your requests of songs. They do this all the time and Atlantis is not a cheesy place so you can trust them to give you the best that they have. I loved the fire dancer also ($600). That made it more then just a party but a show.

          5) The thing that I liked about Atlantis was that you get to choose whatever you want. Colors, flowers, type of cake, food, music, decor, setting, location etc...There really is no limit to your imagination that they cant pull off. See a picture, send it to them, get a quote and its done. I originally started with a budget but then I ended up having to cut it in half. So what I had was the best that I could do with my budget. I ended up cutting a lot. But I wouldnt of had it any other way. It couldnt have been more perfect. Its was so organized and I didnt have to do anything. They knew what needed to be done.

          6) Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Somthings might seem crazy to pay for, but it is top of the line. The only thing that I wish I knew in advance was the lighting (they give you lighting for out door receptions) but the lighting was red/orange. It just didnt go with the blue/white. So I wish I could have changed that.

          Thanks again...it sounds lovely....well...I guess I just have to figure out if I can do this finacially...$200 a person!! URGH!! I need to invite at least 125 people...hoping that no more than 100 will come. Not including all of the other expenses....well...it is what it is!!! LOL

          Now if only the Atlantis would call me back!!

          #75 kimmygibbler

          kimmygibbler
          • Newbie
          • 12 posts

            Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

            I'm getting married at the Atlantis on March 26th- I hired Floral Arts and after reading some of the reviews on here, I'm getting a little concerned! Has anyone had a positive experience with them? How about Wildflowers?

            Has anyone had their hair/make up done at the spa there??

            My ceremony will be in the Athletic Gardens and my reception will be in the Fathoms Restaurant. (I had to fish for these locations as they are not offered on the website.)

            If you have any advice/info, that would be great!

             

            My booked vendors are:

            www.floralartsbahamas.com

            www.haringphotography.com

             

            DJ- Stephen Bain

            Hired the string quartet through Atlantis

             



            #76 Cdrolz

            Cdrolz
            • Newbie
            • 13 posts

              Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

              Kimmy-

              I used Floral Arts for my wedding January of 2010.  I thought they were fantastic.   I had some very specific requests and I felt that they followed through very well on all of them, and was pleased with the outcome.  I requested peonies which are out of season and must get flown in, they were perfect and they even added in extra peonies in my bridesmaid bouquets for free.   I had a chuppah picture which they replicated beautifully.  For my reception I had chiavari chairs, chargers, linens etc.  The only thing was that they must have forgotten my napkins which were suppoed to match my turqoise table cloth underlay. However they added nice ivory hemstick napkins with a turqouise ribbon.  I hardly noticed they were gone.  Overall, I would recommend them.  I thought they were professional, reliable and I was very happy.  

              Best of luck with your planning!

               



              #77 kimmygibbler

              kimmygibbler
              • Newbie
              • 12 posts

                Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

                Awesome, thanks! My flowers are pink peonies.....can't wait!

                 

                Originally Posted by Cdrolz 

                Kimmy-

                I used Floral Arts for my wedding January of 2010.  I thought they were fantastic.   I had some very specific requests and I felt that they followed through very well on all of them, and was pleased with the outcome.  I requested peonies which are out of season and must get flown in, they were perfect and they even added in extra peonies in my bridesmaid bouquets for free.   I had a chuppah picture which they replicated beautifully.  For my reception I had chiavari chairs, chargers, linens etc.  The only thing was that they must have forgotten my napkins which were suppoed to match my turqoise table cloth underlay. However they added nice ivory hemstick napkins with a turqouise ribbon.  I hardly noticed they were gone.  Overall, I would recommend them.  I thought they were professional, reliable and I was very happy.  

                Best of luck with your planning!

                 





                #78 classadiva

                classadiva
                • Member
                • 685 posts

                  Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

                  I also had a very good experience with Floral Arts. Although many rate them as being very expensive...they are actually cheaper than some others with respect to many items. BTW..Fathoms is just lovely.

                  #79 Hazel

                  Hazel
                  • Newbie
                  • 27 posts

                    Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

                    Hi All,

                     

                    I had my wedding at Atlantis in October of 2009 and am happy to help anyone who has questions. I had about 30 guests attend my wedding and Albertha was my Atlantis coordinator. All of my guests stayed at the Royal Towers.

                     

                    I planned the wedding myself with the assistance of Albertha and hired a "day-of" wedding director (Bernadette Burrows). I had a welcome reception at the Royal Towers with an open bar and snacks, 3:00pm wedding at the French Cloisters at the One & Only Ocean Club and reception at Fathoms. I flew in my own photographers (I never felt comfortable enough with the photographers that I interviewed in the Bahamas), used N. L. Aubrey Smith at SETTLERS COVE LTD. as my videographer, Sharmond Smith as my flutist and saxaphonist (he was great), Lonise at Island Destination Services as my florist (wonderful experience all in all; beautiful!), Jose Agebee as my DJ (great), and hired a local singer to sing along one of my friends at the wedding. Melvin Grant officiated my wedding. I allowed the spa to do my hair and makeup (very hard for my to step out on faith here) in my suite the morning of the wedding along with my mani and pedi and hair/makeup was perfect.

                     

                    We arrived at Atlantis the Wednesday prior to our Saturday wedding to finalize our plans, had our food tasting Wednesday night, a welcome reception Thursday night (most of our guests flew in that Wedneday night/ Thursday morning), wedding rehearsal Friday afternoon, wedding ceremony Saturday, wedding reception and dinner Saturday evening, a farewell breakfast Sunday morning (all of our guests left Sunday morning), and just hung out with family and friends randomly throughout that week. After the wedding, we had a week honeymoon stay at the Cove.

                     

                    I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The planning was terrible and so stressful for me because I am so obsessive about details and because it was a destination wedding, but everything really did work out perfectly. The food was "to die for," the floral arrangements were the best I have ever seen at any wedding or gala that I have ever attended, the DJ was wonderful, the wedding location was sooooooo beautiful, and Atlantis treated us like royalty for the extent of our stay. Of course I have a few complaints, but hands down, it was the best time of my life and my guests are still talking about it.

                     

                    There is no way to get around the $150.00/person minimum. We did this and more. Hated to spend it but glad I did. Please be clear that Atlantis is a very expensive place to vacation and even more expensive to have a wedding there (especially the type of wedding we wanted). We had wonderful memories there so it was well worth it.



                    #80 skp1

                    skp1
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 405 posts

                      Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

                      I'm glad to see more Atlantis posts here lately.  My wedding is just over 5 months away (yikes!).  So far I have been very pleased with the planning and attention that Atlantis gives - which helps digest the high price tag.  We started planning in August, went for a site visit in October and finalized all our plans by November.  We didn't even sign our Atlantis contract until the end, yet the coordinator worked with me A LOT beforehand.  Most of our guests have been ecstatic over the group room rates and are excited to have this mini vacation (about 80% of our guests do not live in our town and would have to travel to our wedding anyway, so its not really any additional cost).  We expect maybe 30-40 people.  I can't wait! 

                       

                      We are getting married by Matthew Sweeting at the Royal Overlook and then having our reception at Fathoms.  Wildflowers will be doing decor, Jose Ageeb will DJ and Tim Aylen will photograph.  We'll be having food stations (antipasto bar, tenderloin carving, shrimp tower, etc).  We didn't get to taste these items, but did taste the hors-d'oeuvres that will be served at the cocktail hour and it was awesome!  We also tasted 3 different cake flavors and they were to die for.  So I'm really excited to have something better than standard reception food.  Thursday night we're doing a happy hour at one of the pool bars, Friday night is the rehearsal dinner which will most likely be at Carmines and Sunday we'll have brunch at either Marketplace or Mosaic.

                       

                      All of the big things are set but I still need to figure out hair/make-up (which scares me too) and extra "entertainment."  Did anyone have the junkanoo?  We saw the one in the Marina during our site visit and thought "yes, we HAVE to have this."  But I've seen a few wedding ones on You Tube that stunk.  I don't have a problem paying for it, but want to make sure its worth it.


                      Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users