atlantis

Christine

I ran across a website that has video footage of weddings at the French Cloisters and receptions at Atlantis. It was very helpful for me, as I will not be able to go to the Bahamas anytime soon. Here is the link:

wedding video production nassau / bahamas in paradise

I am still undecided as to the specific location on Atlantis that I want for my reception, but I'll save that headache for later. However, the vides on the above website confirms that I want to get married at the French Cloisters. It is soo beautiful that I cannot wait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateme143 View Post
Panning our wedding at Atlantis has been so easy. To be honest I am nervous that it is too easy. They have all the vendors available for you to contact so there is no need to search all over the place plus they come recomended. Floral Arts is the florist. That are wonderful. The website is www.floralartsbahama.com . There are about 5 different photographers and videographers to choose from. I am going with Kevin Williams. He sent me sample books free of charge along with online books. He worked with my budget and is very professional. Atlantis has there own wedding coordinators. However they only that care of the lagistics with the resort. They supply the DJ and offer a load of entertainment idea. Which includes a 'carnival' like parade, fire dancers etc... All you have to say is I want it and they can do it. But it is for a price. It is cheap? NO!! But I always say that you get what you pay for. I originally wanted to get married in Disney. But they doubled there prices and I did not feel that it was worth it. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
Hi Hazel. I'm planning my wedding for the Cloisters & reception at Atlantis for Jan 2010. I'm probably going to sign my contracts this week so any advice would be greatly appreciated before I do so! So if I have my reception outside (I'm thinking the cave bar) all the guests don't have to stay at the Atlantis? They say everywhere in their brochures etc that you all have to stay at the Atlantis. What a relief! Have you heard anything about the Cave Bar?

Sorry, I can't really give you any advise on the Cave Bar. To be honest I am shocked to see that all the guests don't have to stay at the resort. I was told and am still being told that everyone attending the wedding must be a guest. You might want to ask if you have to pay for a guest pass for the guests not staying at the resort. I reseived a group rate since I was planning on having more then 10 rooms. I chose the Beach Tower, only because it was the cheapest and lets be honest its only a place to sleep and shower. Plus its Atlantis, how bad could it be?? The only thing that I want to warn you about is that since your wedding is not until 2010, don't be surprised that the wedding coordinator don't really want to work with you yet. I booked my 05/09 date a year in advanced and they still say that it is early to finalize everything. I wanted to have everything done ASAP so that I wouldn't becomeone of those crazy brides, but so much for that. I will update with anything that happens. After the holidays are over I will be in full bride mode.

Hi Cdrolz,

All guests of your wedding must be guests of Altantis (or the Harbourside Resort) unless you are having your wedding offsite and your reception INSIDE. If you are having an outside wedding, everyone must stay at Atlantis. Also, some of my invites already have residences there so my situation was a little different.

I have nothing to report negative about my planning experience with Atlantis, but I have not yet signed a contract and I am thinking of no longer doing a destination wedding. The cloisters look absolutely beautiful and I am sure a wedding there would be fantastic. I really love that place (and I have never been), but it looks like the cost of my wedding there would eventually outcost a wedding here with triple the people.

I looked through the reception contract and it doesn't state anywhere that ALL guests have to stay at the Atlantis; just the min 10 rooms. But I really want the wedding to be there so the price of the guest rooms is not going to sway me one way or another. Plus I am sure Comfort Suites can't be thaaaat much less. Brittany @ the Atlantis and Dinah @ the Ocean club have been pretty good about getting back to me, hopefully that doesn't change!

Yeah, Brittany and Dinah were great getting back with me also, plus Brittany will give you good group rates at the Atlanta which were not that much different from what Comfort Inn offered so I would not let that deter you, but I am sure that they must stay at Atlantis. Look on the Q&A section of the wedding section of Atlantis' website.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks! They do offer a meal plan. The 2008 prices were $59/day for the casual dining plan & $89/day for the gourmet dining plan. However, this price doesn't include any drinks (that I am aware of), only covers breakfast and dinner, and you have to buy the plan for the entirety of your stay. We're going to already be providing a couple dinners for our wedding guests and didn't feel like this would be a good decision, so we passed.

• 1 month later...

I finally booked my date for October 3, 2009! I am soo excited. I am tying up some lose ends with the contract with Atlantis and should sign a contract by the end of this week or early next week. Atlanis' contract is a little scary. I have not yet decided where on Atlantis to have the welcome reception and wedding reception, but I am booking a trip to Atlantis in April to do some scouting and will decide then.

Ultimateme - how is your wedding planning coming along? Does anyone have a wedding/reception at Atlantis lined up anytime soon?

Britbre - I would love to hear about your recent wedding!