atlantis

Christine

The Atlantis is a mix of Vegas meets Disney on a beautiful beach!

Just like every resort and destination it has people that absolutely love it and others that don't like the size, price point or crowds. It just depends on what You like and want for Your wedding!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
I think Atlantis is my number 1 choice right now. Actually, I am looking at having my wedding at the French Clositers followed by a reception at Atlantis. I may also have my wedding at Atlantis; it just depends on how the French Clositers works out. I have never been to Atlantis, but it looks dreamy and exactly what I want for my wedding. Any advise the Atlantis brides can share with me about your planning and wedding experience with Atlanta is greatly appreciated. We are looking at an October 2009 wedding with between 30-5 guests. I am looking for everything: a wedding planner, photographer, DJ, entertainment, anything.

Thanks.
Panning our wedding at Atlantis has been so easy. To be honest I am nervous that it is too easy. They have all the vendors available for you to contact so there is no need to search all over the place plus they come recomended. Floral Arts is the florist. That are wonderful. The website is www.floralartsbahama.com . There are about 5 different photographers and videographers to choose from. I am going with Kevin Williams. He sent me sample books free of charge along with online books. He worked with my budget and is very professional. Atlantis has there own wedding coordinators. However they only that care of the lagistics with the resort. They supply the DJ and offer a load of entertainment idea. Which includes a 'carnival' like parade, fire dancers etc... All you have to say is I want it and they can do it. But it is for a price. It is cheap? NO!! But I always say that you get what you pay for. I originally wanted to get married in Disney. But they doubled there prices and I did not feel that it was worth it. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Panning our wedding at Atlantis has been so easy. To be honest I am nervous that it is too easy. They have all the vendors available for you to contact so there is no need to search all over the place plus they come recomended. Floral Arts is the florist. That are wonderful. The website is www.floralartsbahama.com .

I'm so glad it was for someone because that wasn't my experience! Nothing to do with the vendors mentioned went easy for me. FA was outright rude... at one point I called and was told that they were just too busy and the woman was snotty with me. I think I had left 6 voice-mail messages over a period of 4 months at that point before I got a hold of a real person. They never called back, even after I talked to the real person. I never even managed to get a quote from them. I really loved their website, but we are going with a different florist who has been a total blessing. Are you dealing directly with FA or going through the resort? As always, just make sure you get everything in writing.

[i tried to post this thread earlier but I think I accidentally deleted it, so I am posting it again].

Thanks Ultimateme and RedDiamond.

I'm glad to have located you gals because you are very helpful and not may people on this forum are or have gotten married on Paradise Island or Atlantis. I hope my experiences are as good as Ultimateme's have been, and I hate to hear that RedDiamond's experience was not as pleasant. I am soooo excited about having my wedding/reception on Atlantis and at the French Cloisters. Atlantis has actually increased its site fee to $3500, which is why I am looking at the Cloisters for the wedding (same price and beautiful). Also, I found out that if you don't get married on Atlantis, and have an inside reception at Atlantis, your guests do not also have to be guests of Atlantis, which may help out a lot if I find that Atlantis is too expensive for my guests (I am looking at having the reception at Water's Edge Private and Patio).

Ultimateme - Thanks so much for your help. Do you have a wedding website yet? It seems that you and I have the same budget, and I am expecting between 30 and 50 people to attend. Does your budget reflect any other activities outside of the wedding and reception (like any other dinners, luncheons, special entertainment, group activities, etc.?)

RedDiamond - have you settled on a wedding date or location yet? I wish I could have incorporated Nygard Cay into my wedding weekend somehow, but I called and found out their rate would be around $50,000. That nearly knocked my socks off!

hazel, just an idea for you, if your guests decide to stay elsewhere, I think it's a comfort suites that is next door to atlantis, and if you stay there you have full access to the whole atlantis resort and all of the activities, etc... that might be an idea for your guests on a budget.

I stayed at atlantis two years ago, its beautiful, but can be pricey.

We are actually going to be using Nygard Cay. It looks like they raised their prices $8K. We're still working on the little details with them before we pick our date, but it will be next spring.

Our next choice was Old Fort Bay, and I would recommend them to any bride looking to get married in the Bahamas - it's gorgeous!

I have photos of all of these places, and some short video clips from the Cloisters. I think the Cloisters are gorgeous. They weren't as tall as I had expected though. The only thing I really didn't like about them is that they face into the boat harbour.

Oh, and Jill is right about Comfort Suites, that's where all of our friends will be staying. We stayed there when we went and used all the Atlantis amenities with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
[i tried to post this thread earlier but I think I accidentally deleted it, so I am posting it again].

Thanks Ultimateme and RedDiamond.

I'm glad to have located you gals because you are very helpful and not may people on this forum are or have gotten married on Paradise Island or Atlantis. I hope my experiences are as good as Ultimateme's have been, and I hate to hear that RedDiamond's experience was not as pleasant. I am soooo excited about having my wedding/reception on Atlantis and at the French Cloisters. Atlantis has actually increased its site fee to $3500, which is why I am looking at the Cloisters for the wedding (same price and beautiful). Also, I found out that if you don't get married on Atlantis, and have an inside reception at Atlantis, your guests do not also have to be guests of Atlantis, which may help out a lot if I find that Atlantis is too expensive for my guests (I am looking at having the reception at Water's Edge Private and Patio).

Ultimateme - Thanks so much for your help. Do you have a wedding website yet? It seems that you and I have the same budget, and I am expecting between 30 and 50 people to attend. Does your budget reflect any other activities outside of the wedding and reception (like any other dinners, luncheons, special entertainment, group activities, etc.?)
RedDiamond - have you settled on a wedding date or location yet? I wish I could have incorporated Nygard Cay into my wedding weekend somehow, but I called and found out their rate would be around $50,000. That nearly knocked my socks off!

Thats ashame about Reddiamond. Floral Arts was very quick with getting me a quote. To be honest I think I got it the same day I requested one. But I also knew exactly that I wanted. I did contact them earlier this year, but they just said that it was too early and for me to contact them sooner to the date.
My budget does include the welcome dinner that we are having at Carmines Italian restaurant. They told me it was the only restaurant that could hold a party of 50. Its family style. I could have went off site, but then I would have to worry about getting everyone there and I figured since we are spending the money to be at Atlantis, why not just have the whole experience. We are also having a firedancer come to kick off the party.
I saw that you were interested in the Waters Edge Pavillion. I originally wanted that, but they said that I had to guarantee a minimum of 20 rooms in order to reserve it. I couldn't do that so I went with my second choice.
Happy Planning!!!

Well I can't have the reception at Water's Edge Pavilion because Atlantis is now in the process of converting it into a restaurant. That sucks becuase I sort of want an indoor site for the reception that is close to the water, has a nice patio, and that would accomodate 50 people nicely. Now I have to find somewhere else on the resort.

Is the Water's Edge Pavilion the open round space by the pools with the blue-is seashell top on their weddings page? If so, it had already been converted to a restaurant when we were there in May.

Now, they do have a very cool new indoor reception site on the opposite side of the Great Hall of Waters. It's dedicated specifically to group events, and all you really see in the background is a long stretch of the aquarium. It's VERY cool.

For an actual wedding spot, I found a very pretty palm tree on the beach right by the pools of the Cove. The Atlantis photographers use it to take family photos. There are pictures of it in my bio.