Photo

I hate this economy!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

So Friday on the way home from my husand calls me to tell me that he was permantly laid off!!! We did not see this coming at all! We thought it would be ok cause he has a decent amount of senority but they went by the departments instead of the whole company. He has a lot of people with 10-20years in his department. The thing that really irritated us is he helped a friend get a job there just over a year ago. This guy just switched departments a couple of months ago and he did not get laid off. Great for him but it really bad for us. My husband has been there for 8 years. They tell them they can reapply and basically be rehired if the economy improves. If it is within 6 months they will go back to thier original status with senority and vacation time. GGRRRR When are things going to get better? I guess the good thing is that it did not happen before our wedding. We would have been totally stressed in Jamaica. Also we are keeping our fingers crossed that an even better job with better benefits will come along!

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

oh no that is so awful i'll keep my fingers crossed that he gets called back asap or that he finds something even better very soon!

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:26 AM

Holli, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope your DH finds something even better than before.

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

I am so sorry to hear that! honestly though i am glad it happened after your wedding so you and your DH were able to not stress and have the wedding you wanted!

#5 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

oh that stinks, I am so sorry. I hope he finds something even better.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
        • 5,681 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:42 AM

I am so sorry to hear that! I hope he finds a new job soon :) Good luck!

#7 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:56 AM

I'm sorry. My brother was laid off just before Christmas and he ended up finding a better job. Hopefully the same will happen for your DH.

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

Now that's feeling the effects of the bad economy...yikes! So sorry and like the others I hope he quickly finds something even better...hang in there :)

#9 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

Aw sweetie that is horrible. Maybe it is just one door closing and another bigger fanicier door will open in it's place!! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, I bet it will all work out great!

#10 beachbride08

beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:50 AM

That really stinks. Hopefully, he will find a better job soon.
                  Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users