OOT for men?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 diezelgrrl

• 67 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:05 AM

Hi...did anyone purchase OOT bags for their male guests? We have some guys going that are single so I'm looking for some (budget-friendly) ideas.

#2 sassybride

• Banned
    • 294 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

I'm not sure what were doing about the young single men coming....Can't wait to hear some ideas...
      Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#3 tvt

• VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:03 AM

our OOT bags are pretty gender friendly so we're giving the same thing to both men and women.

We have

After sun lotion
        spf chapstick
        hand made soap
        travel candle
        color changing cup with logo (to be purchased still!)
        and snacks

#4 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

I went to My Fave...Target and they have 6 pack coolers on sale for $2.50. So far all I got was plastic shot glasses, first aid kit, sun screen, and lip balm.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#5 Kat81

• VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

I am also using six pack coolers for the guys. I actually have a lot of single guys coming. Only two of FI's friends are married. I am not sure if they are sharing rooms or going solo. Either way I will probably put almost all the same things in the guys as the girls just use the cooler as the OOT bag.

#6 diezelgrrl

• 67 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:29 AM

I liked the cooler bag idea too except that we're going to purchase fold up beach mats for everyone and it wouldn't have fit....

I had the idea of getting drawstring backpacks for the men but had trouble getting budget friendly prices for such a small head count and even on the bags I found online, didn't know what color to get. It would seem to girly to get our wedding colors (lime and fuschia) and yellow or orange was seriously too neon. Oriental Trading had these cheap white cotton drawstring bags and we contemplated ironing our logo on but couldn't really afford a diy mess!

Went looking around my neighborhood and found simple nylon black drawstring bags w/o any logo for $6 each. Kind of pricey and wasn't thrilled about a black bag but FI was finally satisfied about the un-girly bag! We wound up only buying for the single guys cuz we got those cool Target straw bags for the couples to share =) So that evened out our budget a little.
              I'm always dumping my bfs stuff into my handbag anyway when we go to the beach lol

So long story short...OOT bags are finally done!

#7 nolaroy724

• 308 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

Our OOT bags are also gender neutral (mostly meds, snacks, and a few fun things like coozies). We just got the single guys black beach bags. Other guests are getting aqua and yellow bags.

#8 ultimateme143

• 70 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:46 PM

I had a problem with gifts for the men too. But I talked with my fiance and he had some great ideas.
                  1) Cigar
                  2) playing cards
                  3) flip flops (old navy 2 for $5)
                  4) key chain blottle opener (but not girly)

hope this helps

#9 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:22 PM

cigar is a really great idea and i know i saw one girl put cigar cutters in the bags for guys.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users