Photo

Family Photo

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 COFPhoto

COFPhoto
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

ps. fixed the link, hopefully everyone can see the photo now.

#12 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:30 PM

OMG that is sooo adorable!!!
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#13 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by COFPhoto
      LOL, thank you for the correction. Hard to remember which was what, since I kept getting thrown out of each place by the very rude security people (I'll never take a vactation in DC after that trip).
      The Rude security people are just doing their job, the reason its a big deal you had a camera is because they don't want people with high powered cameras taking pictures and then using them against the government, as in using them to plot things...it makes sense if you step back and think about it. They don't harrass tourist with regular snapshot cameras but if you had a whole set up, honestly you look suspicious to them.
      DC, VA, and MD are beautiful places and I hope you take your son here one day to see the Capital of his nation, its really sad you had a bad experience but you should not assume that's its a bad place because of it. I think its one of the most beautiful cities in the US.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#14 COFPhoto

COFPhoto
      • 81 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

Hey, rules are rules. But the security guards don't have to be assholes about it. One guard litearlly got right in my face and started yelling at me.

This is how we treat our tourists in the post-911 era.

I was at the Jefferson Memorial (monument, whatever) at the base of the stairs and the security guard literally came running down the stairs flailing his arms yelling "you can't have that here!" You'd think I was holding a machine gun.

And I wasn't even on the first step. Sorry there's no reason to be rude to tourists. Ask them politely to leave, and explain why they have rules, instead of yelling "I don't make the rules, I just enforce them" right in my face.

#15 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

you would be irritable too if you had to watch thousands of 8th graders on their school trips climbing all over stuff...believe me even when I take friends and family around town I get annoyed. Sorry you had a bad experience but this is the world we live in.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users