Photo

Now what?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tara

Tara
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:30 AM

According to my ticker I have about 9 months until the big day.

I have the dress. I did make a website with what little info we do currently have, but now I am at a loss.

We put the deposit on our trip and reserved the big day at Sandals, but now what?!

When is a good time to send invitations? When is too early? What should I be doing?

So confused...

#2 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:40 AM

Hi Tara,

Congrats! That's great that you have your dress and the venue reserved!

Have you booked your vendors such as a photographer, a dj or band, the flowers, etc.?

Hope this helps.

Tod

#3 Pisces

Pisces
      • 255 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:15 AM

It sounds like you`re well organized. Once you have your vendors booked you can kind of sit back and relax for a bit. If you`re looking for things to do you could always work on FI`s attire, your rings, begin gathering things for your OOT bags if you`re doing them, your wedding shoes, veil, jewelry...
        most of the other stuff you can wait though. Typically wedding invitations don`t go out until about 3 months before for a DW, although some people send them out earlier.

Have you sent STD`s?

You have lots of time, but I think getting those chores done early is always nice. It is nice to have things organized long before you *need* them to be. If your FI wants a light colored suit it's a good time to shop now because it's harder to find those colors later in the winter/spring.
        Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

Have you sent out an STD? I don't think 9 months is too early to get started on Invites, I would send out a save the date now and start working on what kind of invite you want to have and send it out around the 4-6 month mark.
        Take a look around some of the girls have started threads that say, "9 months out what do you still have left to do"

ps. I moved your thread, the newbie section is only for your intial intro but this thread will get better responses in this section.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:19 PM

Your wedding is about a month after ours. We just sent out our STDs and is currenty looking for a photographer. We will send out our invites in Sept since final payments are due early Dec.
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:21 AM

I agree with everyone else. Send out your STD's. Start looking for BM dresses and you MOB dress. Have you picked out your colors?

#7 Tara

Tara
            • 473 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:38 AM

Thanks for the ideas everyone. We are not doing bridesmaids dresses since there are only two attending and with the expense of the trip, I decided not to inflict dresses on them as well.

Colors... well the wedding dress has "pool" the David's Bridal color in it so I figured I'd go with that and maybe an orange that would really pop and stand out.

Hmmm... STD's.... I guess I'll start there. Thanks so much everyone!

#8 ValGalJCA

ValGalJCA
              • 21 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:06 AM

How exciting that you only have 9 months to go!

I had a blast sending STD's out just a week ago. And now that I put a deposit down for the resort I am eager to move on to the "fun details" of the wedding such as colors, flowers, dress, etc.

I am sure you can pass your free time exploring these boards and become inspired in many ways. Enjoy your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users