Your favorite shower games

I know many of you have had showers thrown for you already. I am throwing one for my best friend in two weeks and I still have to figure out what games to plan. So far I have a lot of paper & pencil kind of games and not a ton of interactive stuff. I need some ideas for what were the funniest/funnest group games you played at your (or other peoples') shower.

Post all your faves!! Thanks!!

we played one where you split in to teams & had a scanvenger hunt with your purse. There was a list of things & they were worth different points. it was pretty amusing to see what people had with them. No one had to dump their purse out, but they dug through it to find things.

one thing was a rock & this girl had a big rock that she takes with her everywhere. Its her lucky rock. It was so funny.

I personally hate shower games, so my favourite is guess how many jellybeans/candy/whatever is in this jar & then you get a prize for guessing closest. Cause then I don't have to actually do anything but write down a number. LOL

I'm a shower game scrooge!

The purse game sounds fun! I have never heard of that one.

There are two games that involve someone reading a story and the people at the table pass around a bottle of wine or some other kind of prize according to what the directions are in the story. One is where it involves the people at the table youngest, oldest, married the longest, blondest hair, etc. The other is about Mrs. Right and you pass it every time they said right or left in the story. The last person with the prize at the end of the story wins.

This game is more baby shower related, but I think it was fun and probably can be tweaked for a bridal shower. We did a trivia game of celebrity kid's names for my cousin's baby shower and everyone really got into it. People were calling people at home to look up names on the internet for them. It was wild. Maybe you can do something with celebrity marriages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrafaye View Post
I personally hate shower games, so my favourite is guess how many jellybeans/candy/whatever is in this jar & then you get a prize for guessing closest. Cause then I don't have to actually do anything but write down a number. LOL
i'm usually not a shower game fan, but if it's a really fun game i like it. they can be great to bring a group of people who know the bride but not each other together. I do think it's best to not do a lot of them so people just have time to mingle. I like a couple ice breakers & then just be social.

I've been to some showers where you have these elaborate games that feel like homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrafaye View Post
Me too! I was sooo happy when my SIL told me she refused to have any games at my wedding or baby shower. YES! I love that gal! lol

But, if you really want to have games - the one I don't mind is (and I know I posted this elsewhere) ...

- the host gets a bunch of smallish gifts and wraps them
- you will also need 2 pie tins, or something else to roll dice in and pass, as well as 4 die (2 for each pie tin)
- everyone sits in a circle
- a pie tin w/a pie tin and 2 die starting at opposite ends of the circle (you only have to use 1 pie tin and 2 die if the group is small)
- all of the gifts are placed in the middle of the circle
- the first person rolls the die, if they roll a double they pick a gift from the center; they then pass the tin and die to the next person
- the tins and die are passed around until all gifts are gone
- everyone then takes turns opening their gifts and showing everyone else
- then, you do this again. except this round is timed (like 3 min. or something), and this time when you roll a double you "steal" a gift from someone else
- at the end of the 3 minutes you keep what you have at that point

sounds silly, but there's usually like 1 or 2 gifts that people really like and it's funny to watch it get stolen again and again

i like these 3:

get a bunch of those mardi gras beads from a party store and pass them out as people arrive, 3 or 4 per person??

everytime someone is overheard saying works like "Bride", or grooms name (just pick 2 or 3 commonly said words at a bridal shower so it doesnt get too confusing) the person who caught the word gets to take beads from the person who said the word. at the end whoever has the most beads wins a prize.

have the hostess give the groom a questionaire (ahead of time)with short answer questions on it like his favorite color, favorite vacation, childhood nickname, etc. then people take turns asking the bride the ?? and she has to get them right.

another fun one is toilet paper wedding gown fashion show. teams of 2 or 3 have to design and dress one girl in a toilet paper gown! time limit 3 minutes or so, pretty funny. everyone votes on the winner. dont forget pics!

I love the question game! We did one at a cousin's shower. The groom answered 25 questions, so easy and some were pretty tough. Each time the bride gets one wrong she has to put a piece of gum or a grape or something in her mouth.

Her questions were pretty out there so but the end of the game she looked like a chipmunk and could barely speak! They were questions like, who was the first teacher he had a crush on, what was his little league jersey number, what color was his favorite bike, how many kids does he want, etc.

We also did a "relay" race where the girls lined up in two teams. Then they put one of those big diamond paperweight/napkin rings along this really long piece of ribbon. Each guest had to thread the ribbon through each arm of her shirt across her chest to the next person - in one sleeve and out the other. The winning team got a little prize. I think they were Yankee Candles or something. I felt like an idiot but it was funny to watch and certainly active!

those are all great suggestions! THANK YOU!!

The shower is at a restaurant, so I am only planning 2-3 games, but the bride really wants games and I don't want to do anything too boring.

I love the variation of the bride having to put something in her mouth for the trivia game. I am thinking marshmallows would be really funny!

Im glad you started this thread bc I am also a MOH and am planning a shower. One that we found that I liked:

THE BRIDAL BOOK GAME?

(Thanks to Amy from KS)

COST: Paper, computer ink, ribbon. The cost of the winning prizes you give away.

Details:

Print the Bride and Groom's Names and Wedding Date on the front cover of the book.

Page 1: This page will read "This game is really easy and we hope that you have fun, no one can tell who the winner will be until the game is done".

Page 2: Each page of rhymes will tell you exactly what to do. They will lead you to the winner, perhaps it will be you.

Page 3: Roses are red, violets are blue. Now please pass this book to the person who is just left of you.

Page 4: (Bride's Name) and (Groom's name) are counting down to their special day. We're all excited for them, it's not really that far away. Now pass this book on to the person with the most recent birthday.

Page 5: The bride is still preparing, for there are still things left to do. Now please pass this book to the lady with the eyes of brightest blue. But if there are no blue eyes to be completely fair you must give this book to the person who has the longest hair.

Page 6: We hope you all are having fun with the rhymes in every verse. Now please pass this book on to the person who has the smallest purse.

Page 7: Wedding bells will be ring real soon, and "I do's" we'll hear them say. Now please pass this book to the lady with the longest dress today.

Page 8: There are many binds in marriage; faith and love are the strongest. Now please pass this on to the person who has been married the longest.

Page 9: (Street) in (City) is where they will reside. Now please pass this book to the lady who is the newest bride.

Page 10: Family and friends come here today from places near and far. Now please pass this book on to the person who came furthest in their car.

Page 11: This game is nearly over and it's been fun, we think. Now please pass this book on to the person with nails of brightest pink!

Page 12: (Bride's Name) will be a gorgeous bride and (Groom's Name) will look good too! The winner of the centerpiece is the guest to the right of you! Please pass this book on.

Additional Ideas: Be creative, you can use clip art to decorate the pages. (there is plenty of royalty free clip art on the internet). You can take a hole punch and punch a few holes through the pages and thread ribbon through it to make it a memorable keepsake book for the future bride. You can print the pages on paper that matches the color theme of the bridal shower or wedding party dresses. Insert little known facts at the bottom of the pages: example: future bride's b-day, future groom's b-day, date they met, date they were engaged, date of the wedding, # in wedding party, honeymoon destination, etc.. You can add a 2nd twist to the game for 2 prize winners by collecting the book, then asking questions to the little known facts that were at the bottom of the pages. See who can remember the most & the winner of the most correct answers wins a prize. As a tie breaker put a number on the last page .... The bride can then keep this book to add to her shower memories.