Los Angeles Newbie

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gen Snipes

Gen Snipes
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hi everyone!

I am newly engaged and trying to decide on whether to keep my wedding local (Los Angeles) or take it to the BEACH! I am thinking Cabo (MAY 09).

I am just starting to do my research and this site looks like it is full of great info.

I will be posting some questions soon.

nice to be here!

#2 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

welcome to the site!!! happy planning :)

Mr. & Mrs. C
      February 14, 2009

#3 Davematthews16

• Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

I'm thinkin CABO!!!! hehe Well, I would weigh the pros and cons of each location and go with the one that has less cons :) Happy Planning!

#4 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,532 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

There are many pros and cons to each type of wedding. I think the biggest difference is the number of people that will attend...would you prefer a smaller wedding and have certain people you feel you need to invite, but don't really want them there? Or do you want a big wedding with everyone in the world who is important to you there? The hardest thing about destination weddings is accepting the fact that some people won't be able to make it. Also, weddings at home tend to be a bit more stressful because you have more details to worry about. The setting of a destination wedding is usually gorgeous enough to take care of itself, and you don't have to worry as much about decorations etc.

I could go on and on...really I think you just have to do what feels right in your gut!

#5 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

You couldn't go wrong coming to Cabo! Welcome to the forum and congratulations!!

#6 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
            • 4,853 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

Congrats and welcome, Gen!

#7 Designs by Cornelia

Designs by Cornelia
              • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

There is also a significant difference in cost. You must decide how many people you want to be at your wedding. A Destination wedding requires that you plan different activities for your guests to do at that location. The activities and food are all expenses that in tradition you are to cover for your guests. So do consider that. If you have a love for the water and that is very special to you and your fiance, go for the Cabo wedding.
                Arlene Blake, Professional Bridal Consultant

#8 Gen Snipes

Gen Snipes
                • 153 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

thanks for welcomes -and the advice! I have a lot to think about!

#9 gina@pixoflife

• 46 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

Welcome to the forum! It can be a hard decision, unless in our case, you are in love with a location so much you couldn't even think about having it somewhere else (we had a Hawaii DW). Of course you can also have a smaller DW and then a local AHR and get the best of both.

Happy planning!
                    www.pixoflife.com :: Visit the BLOG for our Latest Work!

#10 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
                    • 4,853 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

Having photographed both destination and non-destination weddings, I would have to say that the destination weddings seem to be less stressful on the brides. At least, that is what I've observed with the ones I have photographed.

Hope that helps, and best wishes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users