Help me figure this out...

JaimeLynne

Ok, this is totally bugging me because I cannot figure it out!!!

Earlier (around 9:45pm) our neighbors called us asking if we were home because their house alarm had gone off and they are in Colorado. We were at work and told them to call our other neighbors. We didn't hear anything back so we forgot about it. Flash forward to about 1am. We're home, Martin upstairs in the restroom and I'm sitting on the computer (of course! cheesy.gif). I hear a car peel out, sort of note it in my mind but go back to what I'm doing. When Martin comes downstairs he says there is a police car parked outside of our neighbors house (not the ones who called us - the townhome that is connected to theirs). To be completely honest these guys can be a little "off" (think one of them is an alcoholic and on who knows what else...). Anyways, soon another cop car pulls up. At this point Martin and I are on our way outside to see what the heck is going on. We talk to the officer and I ask if someone broke into our neighbor's house. His reply was "you can't break in when you have a key". Huhhuh.gif I guess somehow the one neighbor had a key to the other's. Anyways, I tell him that I heard a car peel out and that we had a previous break in a few months ago (3 cars were stolen in one night - definitely an inside job). Also the other day Martin noticed a suspicious white van outside of our townhome complex and took down the license plate and everything. Didn't mention this to the cops tho... SO we ask what is going on then and the P.O. responds that the people in the townhome aren't cooperating and that they would get to the bottom of this but it is "messy". wtf.gif We go back inside and another cop car pulls up, blocking the gate completely. (of course, by this time I've pulled up our chaise lounge to the window and am totally spying haha!)

We are not sure what is wrong with one of the guys. Some ppl think he has a medical/mental problem but we know that he is a HEAVY drinker and does who knows what else (not judging, just saying...). And his partner works late nights so I was worried about him being alone with SIX police officers, knowing that he's not quite all there.

SOOOOOO any ideas?!? I have no clue as to why he wouldn't be cooperating with the police if he had a key... I txted my neighbors who were out of town letting them know what was going on but they didn't answer and I figure they are asleep since it's late. The police officers were there for at least an hour straight inside this guy's house and it is bugging me because no one else in our complex is up and I'm snoopy, damnit! LOL smile105.gif

If you're bored maybe you can help me figure this one out... if not then I'll be back with the conclusion tomorrow (hopefully) smile117.gif

Hmmmm.... playing detective I see? That is definitely kind of fishy though and I would be concerned, too. Even if he is a drinker, if he isn't all there you never know what can happen. I would be concerned for his welfare (as well as the police officers) if they do not realize he has issues.

Sounds like your neighbors have had a string of bad luck though, with the stolen cars and break-ins. I hope everything works out alright! I'm definitely curious to hear the conclusion.

Yup, that's me - playing detective at 2am blush2.gif hahaha

I agree, I was concerned for both his and the officers' wellbeing. I mean, what if he had a gun in the house and got confused or something like that...

Anyways, the police are all gone now. I am still curious as to what actually happened though! Darn people having to sleep and all that jazz... don't they know there's detective work to be done?! *gets our Sherlock Holmes gear* smile116.gif

Hahaha! I think that about our neighborhood (we live in a townhouse as well). We work in a call center until 11 pm, so I'm always up late and a few weeks ago the whole neighborhood had a total blackout at 3 am.

This is very strange for our area as all our power lines are underground and we very seldom even have a flicker. So, Hiram and I were watching Poker After Dark in bed when everything went out and after a few minutes when we realized it wasn't coming back on, he gets out of bed. Of course I ask where he's going and the response is, "investigating."

I just about lmao. You would never know to look at my fiance, but he's a total nerd and I couldn't stop laughing. But you never really know in those situations and he wanted to be sure that there wasn't anyone outside sneaking around the neighborhood taking advantage of the power situation or perhaps causing it.

Later we decided the power company must have done it intentionally since everything went off on the hour and came back on right on the hour. Since the rest of the town was sleeping, the only ones inconvenienced was us.

Not to run away with your post or anything.... even though I just did. But I definitely agree that you can't be too careful and it's always thoughtful to try to look out for your neighbors.

OK Detective Jaime has solved the crime! smile120.gif

Here's what happened!

For purposes of this story let's call them House A (Friends of ours, the first neighbors who called saying their house alarm went off) and House B (their adjoining neighbors who we don't know as well). House A called us this morning to tell us what went down. They had called their Real Estate Agent to come over with the police and secure their house after the alarm went off. Everything was fine but the upstairs and downstairs alarm had been triggered, meaning someone had actually walked through their house. Turns out it was House B! Twist of plot here. House B was sitting at home when a STRANGER WALKED THROUGH THEIR DOOR!!!!! wtf.gif wtf.gif wtf.gif Apparently he was drunk (as suspected) and obviously caught off guard and there was some sort of altercation with blood shared. Neighbor B took off running upstairs because apparently House A and House B have a plan where they hide a key on their roofdecks so that if there is an emergency one of them can safely get out through the others house (these are 4 story townhomes). So Neighbor B ran through Neighbor A's house in order to escape the weirdo who was in his house! So nobody actually broke into neighbor A's house which is good but totally F*CKED UP that someone just WALKED INTO House B!!! They rummaged through all of their belongings before finally running out with a jewelry box. I can't believe the balls of that person to walk in when someone is home. Very scary. So now my hearing a car pull out and Martin's taking down information of a suspicious vehicle parked right outside their home not two days ago will probably play in to hopefully helping them solve the crime. We have the license plate and description of the car as well as the two men that were in it. All Neighbor B could remember of the person who broke in was that "he bashed a hispanic male's face in". So if a Hispanic male goes into a hospital with his face pretty messed up it will throw up some flags. Somehow I doubt he would be that stupid though. Who knows...

I can't believe the nerve of that person to just walk into their house while they were home. It's made me nervous - we need to hook up our security system and have it on even while we're home. This is a very nice townhome complex in the middle of a transitioning neighborhood so we're like sitting ducks. There are also mostly gay couples that live here which makes us stick out a little more... Crossing my fingers for no more break ins!!