personalized, yet not personalized?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:22 PM

Hi girls,

So, I am going to do OOT bags for our guests, except I want our guests to get the most use out of the potential contents of the bag. So, for example, I don't really want to have our names or "logo" on things the guests can re-use (e.g., the bags, the mugs, towels, etc). But we will probably put something like the destination and date on them, or just a picture of a palm tree or star fish. Has anyone else done this? Do you think it would look weird?

#2 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
    • 104 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

I meant to add that we will be putting our 'logo' or names on the smaller things that are disposible (e.g., lip balm). It's just the larger re-usable things I am concerned might look odd

#3 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

I agree with your concept which is why I was thrilled to find the OOT bags from Target but if you want to keep it fairly generic then I would leave the date off too that way 10 years from now when your nice bag still looks good folks wont know its 10 years old and that is less personal too. But definitely throw your logo all over the other stuff if you want!

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:01 PM

i agree- i would not re-use a bag with someone else's name on it.

i just created a large oval shape with the words "Big Island, Hawaii" in teal and printed from powerpoint - it is really cute.

i am working on them on Monday and will post some pics then -if you like it i can send you the file! :

#5 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

I also agree we want everyone to use them once they get home so I do not think we will be putting our logo on reusable items.
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

That's what we're doing. We had 4 monograms created for us...two have our names and two just say "Cancun, Mexico, 2009"

We're using the one WITHOUT our names for the bags, travel mugs and the other reusable items. We'll use the one with our names for matches, tissues, etc.
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#7 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
              • Banned
              • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

We thought the exact same thing. Our OOT bags are bright colored mini mesh beach bags and we decided to leave them blank. If we are spending the $ for each guest, and they have to haul them back to the U.S, I definetely want them to be able to get the most use out of them!

#8 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
                • 104 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:26 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alyssa
                  i agree- i would not re-use a bag with someone else's name on it.

i just created a large oval shape with the words "Big Island, Hawaii" in teal and printed from powerpoint - it is really cute.

i am working on them on Monday and will post some pics then -if you like it i can send you the file! :
                  That'd be great if you could send me the file!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. After reading all the great ideas and seeing everyone's creative logos, I was beginning to think I was crazy for not... but then again, I hate the idea of spending $ on things that are re-usable and making it non-reusable by stamping our names on it. I agree with Alyssa -- I wouldn't reuse something with someone else's names on it either. Thanks for the input!! :)

#9 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
                  • 104 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:33 PM

I just remembered there was a fantastic idea I saw in one of my magazines. It had personalized ribbon tied to one of the bag straps so that it kind of hung down onto the bag. I'll see if I can post the link to the personalized ribbon (hopefully it works!)

Weddingstar Canada: Personalized Ribbon

#10 Kryztan

Kryztan
                    • 743 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

My oot bags had my logo and my wedding date but said Cancun, Mexico.....Like a souvenier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users