• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#51 sarahbrown1979

sarahbrown1979
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yari
    Please don't be embarrassed! The more info the better.

I went to Costco and it was $66.56 there for 60 pills. What other prices have you seen it at?
    Was it 60mg capsules vs. 60 total capsules?...I ask because at Sam's Club I'm paying $75 for 150 capsules. I priced out Costco, too, but I don't remember them being that far off...

#52 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sarahbrown1979
      Was it 60mg capsules vs. 60 total capsules?...I ask because at Sam's Club I'm paying $75 for 150 capsules. I priced out Costco, too, but I don't remember them being that far off...
      Good question! It must of been 60mg. Gosh, I didn't see how many pills. Ugh!

#53 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

Hi ladies, I tried Alli last year when it came out and I must say that it did help me lose weight, I felt great when I lost 10-15lbs in a short period of time. I really watched what I ate bc before starting the pill I read many horror storied and I didnt want to be one those people who shitted their pants at work. If I went a little over the 15g of fat, I would feel the need to go to the bathroom and it would mainly be a lot of gas and/or oily stools (which creeped me out at first bc the oil is orange!!). I should've stayed on them a little longer but I went on a cruise and I'll be damn if I'm not going to eat what I want. LOL.

#54 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Maura- did you start yet?

#55 *Casey*

*Casey*
          • 5,209 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

I really want to try it, but I'm so afraid i'll be like Charlotte in the Sex in the City movie... oops

#56 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:07 AM

Quote:
            Please don't be embarrassed! The more info the better.

I went to Costco and it was $66.56 there for 60 pills. What other prices have you seen it at?
            i got the 90 pill starter pack from target - it was like $49.98 but i also had the $10 off coupon, so i only paid a little over $40 for it. i highly recommend you buy the starter pack because it has a LOT of helpful and useful info - especially the little booklet that has the fast food restaurants in it that shows you what you should eat if you have to go there.

Quote:
            Maura- did you start yet?
            yes i started on saturday the 14th, and so far i have not had any problems whatsoever with "treatment effects" - i have been eating meals low in fat, or just under the 15 g per meal, and no problems. next week when my work schedule frees up, i will add in 4 days of cardio to speed up the weight loss. i do feel good so far, but i dont think i've lost any weight yet - but ive only been on it for 4 days so far.

#57 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

That is so great Maura! I haven't started yet, waiting for the right time. I am doing pretty well on my own lately, but I could always use the little boost.

#58 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
              • 672 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

Thank you to all of you for being honest on the "side affects" as it allows us to really consider using it. Think I will have to discuss with my FI just in case....

#59 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

honestly, youll only have the side effects if you eat poorly. you CHOOSE what you put in your mouth. if you make good choices, you have no reason whatsoever to worry about side effects. if you KNOW youre going to indulge and eat something that is over 15 g of fat, DONT take the pill at that mealtime.

#60 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:31 PM

maura I'm glad to hear you haven't had any issues, once I come back from vaca I'm going to start taking it too, so I'd love for you to keep us informed if you have any problems, good experiences, suggestions, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users