Jump to content

Photo

Alli - anyone try it?


  • Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#211 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

    Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

    Well... nothing happened after eating Chinese! This morning I looked up the nutritional info, and turns out i didn't eat that much fat. WTF?! However, had I eaten what I would have eaten prior to starting alli, well then that wold have been a lot of fat!

    So now I'm having a bagle and 2 Tbsp of peanut butter = 17 grams of fat. the most I've eaten since starting Alli.

    I will also start taking it after a few bites. See if that helps.

    I did lose 1.5 lbs this week. I guess it just waited to come off until my 7th day! (now that I write that I'm not sure why I'm still eating all this fat for breakfast, but too late now, it's already down the hatch)

    Jill congrats on the weight loss, that is so awesome!

    I think my favorite part about Alli so far, is how much it's opened my eyes. Before starting this I was seriously perplexed about how I gained so much weight. My eating habits hadn't changed that much but I was less active so I figured some weight gain would be expected but not 30lbs. But now. Holy hell, I know damn well how I gained the weight! I used to eat a pack of PB M&Ms ever afternoon - hello that is 15 grams of fat in just that! And I'd go to Chipotle for lunch, and snack, snack, snack. So I hope that doing this really leads to life changes for me.

    OK, i'll stop blabbing on this topic. But you girls are really the only ones I know who I can talk to this stuff about!!

    #212 tvt

    tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

      Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

      OH, I also wanted to tell you all about this great icecream I found... since I know we all love it.

      It's called

      Dreyer's Slow Churned Rich and Creamy
      Yogurt Blend
      Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

      .5 cup is 120 calories and 3.5 grams of fat

      i usually make room in my dinner to eat this as my dessert. First night I tried to eat a whole cup... way too much ice cream for dessert. It's SOOOO good.

      Click the image to open in full size.

      #213 *JillD*

      *JillD*
      • Sr. Member
      • 5,112 posts

        Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by tvt
        OH, I also wanted to tell you all about this great icecream I found... since I know we all love it.

        It's called

        Dreyer's Slow Churned Rich and Creamy
        Yogurt Blend
        Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

        .5 cup is 120 calories and 3.5 grams of fat

        i usually make room in my dinner to eat this as my dessert. First night I tried to eat a whole cup... way too much ice cream for dessert. It's SOOOO good.

        Click the image to open in full size.
        Tara, I practically have one foot out the door to go buy that ice cream, lol!! It looks so good, I'm going to get some today!

        Last week I tried Duetto, by Turkey Hill, it's ice cream swirled with, I'm not sure what it's swirled with, almost like a sorbet or slush type thing.

        So the one I bought was vanilla soft serve ice cream and cherry slush/sorbet stuff. It was really good and the fat and calories were about the same as the one you listed. Just another option.

        Congratulations on the weight loss Tara, it really is working! Maura, I don't think I realized that you should take alli after a few bites, I'll have to remember that.

        I can't believe the chinese did nothing to you, I really wanted chinese last night.

        I agree with you about alli opening my eyes. It really has helped me realize how much fat is in common foods. For instance, if I eat PB now, its usually just 1 tablespoon because 2 would be too much fat. But when I used to make PB toast or a sandwich, I used to pile the PB on, probably had like 4 or 5 tablespoons, no wonder I'm so fat! Geez....it really does help that I HAVE to watch what I eat, it's not like I can say, Oh, I'm just going to cheat who cares, because I'm afraid of what will happen if I really went overboard!

        Oh, another thing, I was craving pizza all week, and of course DH had it for lunch twice this week and had to tell me all about it. Well last night I got home and really wanted pizza, but knew I couldn't have it. I had a lean cuisine pizza in the freezer, normally I would have said screw lean cuisine I'm getting a real pizza, but I knew I couldn't so I made it, and you know, it actually did kind of curb my craving that I was having for pizza, it was good. So we just have to find substitutions for things we really like, we can do this!

        #214 Sandra E.

        Sandra E.
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,183 posts

          Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

          I think Maura should become the next face of Alli, she has the greatest tips!

          #215 yamille

          yamille
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,460 posts

            Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

            Hey ladies,

            I am on my 2nd day of Alli and I am following it as best I can. It was tough to start on a weekend but I figured why wait?

            Last night I had greek food for dinner which I do often but I was so paranoid that my grilled halibut would have more olive oil than I expected on it (high fat content) that I only ate half and was so anxious thinking that I would have to run to the bathroom. Also FI was eating their ridiculous olive basted french fries and I couldn't resist having 2 but trust me if it weren't for the fear I would have had like 10.

            I have a question: I know that if I am having a meal with no fat in it ( ex: fruit) then I don't take the pill but if I am having frozen yogurt for dinner lets say and I have 1 cup which will probably be 5 grams of fat do I take a pill with that or just skip it? Or should I try and add some peanut butter to make the fat content highter? ( not that this is a habit or anything but Fi left town for the next 2 days and I am just doing homework and that's prob what I will do..) I know it's not the healthiest choice but I am in the mood and don't feel like cooking tonight.
            I am aware that I need to be watching caloric intake as well.

            TIA!

            #216 Tracy

            Tracy
            • Jr. Member
            • 281 posts

              Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

              i ordered my Alli today from drugstore.com (the $10 off coupon from the Alli web-site wasn't working, but drugstore.com also had $10 off) -will get it later this week. In the interim, I am watching the regular things I eat to try to become more aware of fat content...it's fascinating actually - like margine on toast has 6G!!!! WOW - going back to the spray, with 0 :)

              #217 tvt

              tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

                Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by yamille

                I have a question: I know that if I am having a meal with no fat in it ( ex: fruit) then I don't take the pill but if I am having frozen yogurt for dinner lets say and I have 1 cup which will probably be 5 grams of fat do I take a pill with that or just skip it? Or should I try and add some peanut butter to make the fat content highter? ( not that this is a habit or anything but Fi left town for the next 2 days and I am just doing homework and that's prob what I will do..) I know it's not the healthiest choice but I am in the mood and don't feel like cooking tonight.
                I am aware that I need to be watching caloric intake as well.

                TIA!
                If I have a fruit smoothie for breakfast I don't take Alli. Not enough fat for it to do anything.

                I've had icecream for breakfast. No need to be embarassed about having it for dinner! I would add something to your icecream to up the fat. Peanut butter, graham crackers.

                Or if you have a lean cuisin, you could easily have a lean cuising and your frozen yogurt and be a lot closer to eating for fat target.

                #218 *JillD*

                *JillD*
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,112 posts

                  Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by yamille
                  Hey ladies,

                  I am on my 2nd day of Alli and I am following it as best I can. It was tough to start on a weekend but I figured why wait?

                  Last night I had greek food for dinner which I do often but I was so paranoid that my grilled halibut would have more olive oil than I expected on it (high fat content) that I only ate half and was so anxious thinking that I would have to run to the bathroom. Also FI was eating their ridiculous olive basted french fries and I couldn't resist having 2 but trust me if it weren't for the fear I would have had like 10.

                  I have a question: I know that if I am having a meal with no fat in it ( ex: fruit) then I don't take the pill but if I am having frozen yogurt for dinner lets say and I have 1 cup which will probably be 5 grams of fat do I take a pill with that or just skip it? Or should I try and add some peanut butter to make the fat content highter? ( not that this is a habit or anything but Fi left town for the next 2 days and I am just doing homework and that's prob what I will do..) I know it's not the healthiest choice but I am in the mood and don't feel like cooking tonight.
                  i ordered my Alli today from drugstore.com (the $10 off coupon from the Alli web-site wasn't working, but drugstore.com also had $10 off) -will get it later this week. In the interim, I am watching the regular things I eat to try to become more aware of fat content...it's fascinating actually - like margine on toast has 6G!!!! WOW - going back to the spray, with 0 :)
                  It's crazy isn't it!! I usually use the spray butter too, so I can use my fat and calories for something else!

                  #219 Tara

                  Tara
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 473 posts

                    Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:25 AM

                    Okay... so I picked it up today...

                    Haven't started yet. I'm scared. Did everyone adjust to eating the right foods for a few days first like it suggests or did you all just jump right in?

                    #220 yamille

                    yamille
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,460 posts

                      Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:20 AM

                      Hi Tara,
                      Today will be day 3 for me so I'm relatively new to Alli as well. I am a healthy eater by nature- but for me it's a little more about portion sizes and really watching the fat intake. Like now I porbably can't pick as many fries off of FI's plate- kwim? I was- and still am scared in a way but I think a lot of that is in my head. I read all these threads and it doesn't seem like anyone on here has had any severe "treatment effects". It's been on my mind since day 1. I think it's a little healthy fear though. Good luck!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users