Jump to content

Photo

Alli - anyone try it?


  • Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#201 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,112 posts

    Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tvt
    it is kind of hard to live with someone who wants to eat different, i totally agree.

    on the alli site, the good thing is that their recipies are all for 1 serving. That chicken, cheese caserole i posted is REALLY easy to make. When FI goes out of town or doesn't want what I can have, I usually make this. I usually make extra of the potato stuff, so then all i have to do is throw a chicken in the oven.

    are you girls working out too?
    Tara, I haven't started working out yet, I wanted to start today, but got lazy, I'm going to try to get started with working out this weekend, but it might not be until monday.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tvt
    Ok girls, aside from weight loss, how do I know that Alli is working? Haven't had any weight loss yet, however it's only been a week and I know it can take a few to see results.

    I have not had a single side effect. Nothing is out of the normal for me... if you catch my drift. I wish there was some way to know if it was working.
    I've lost weight, but I need to lose a lot, so that probably has something to do with it.

    So you haven't noticed anything different? I have seen some tiny oil droplets in the toilet and once or twice some larger oil droplets, when I think I may have eaten a little too much fat (it was a difficult meal to count fat grams)

    I would think you would notice something. Are you eating enough fat? I know that sounds silly, but Alli rids your body of 1/4 of the fat, so you have to make sure you're eating enough fat for it to do its job.

    It seems so crazy to me that I'm constantly trying to add more fat to my meals because most of the time my meal aren't really that bad. This morning I added peanut butter to my granola because my breakfast was only 5 grams of fat, so with 1 tbs. of pb it made my breakfast 13 grams.

    I know maura said it worked better for her too when she was working out and I think she mentioned the first week she didn't really see a loss. Tell us about a typical day, maybe we can analyze.

    #202 tvt

    tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

      Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:43 PM

      Jill, remind me, how long have you been taking it?

      Ok, here's my typical day.

      AM - work out on elliptical, some ball excercises and light weights. nothing cray, probably a total of 40 minutes

      Breakfast - regular bagel, with 2 Tbsp regular cream cheese = 9 grams of fat

      Lunch - usually some sort of Lean cuisine and a 2% cheddar cheese stick @ 6 grams = 12-13 grams.

      OR

      Lunch - whole wheat pita, turkey, provolone cheese, lite mayo =10.5

      Dinner - addicted to wheat spaghetti lately, so 2 cups spaghetti, 1/2 cup sauce, 2 Tbsp parm cheese, glass of milk, 100 calorie cookies for dessert = 12 grams of fat

      For snacks I usually have 100 cal popcorn, or some fruit/veggies

      So I think I'm eating enough fat. I take Alli right before I eat. Each meal.

      Did it take a while before you noticed the oily spots? (part of me still can't even believe we have a thread to discuss oily spots in the toilet!)

      I almost want to eat something over my fat limit just to see what happens.

      #203 Tracy

      Tracy
      • Jr. Member
      • 281 posts

        Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Yari
        Sounds like not "pulling a Charlotte" is a great motivator!

        I think I am going to go for it! I am going to wait until after the weekend, cause it's my step-daughter's 10th birthday party on Saturday and Disneyland on Sunday...lots of fat content in my future. The last think I need to do is shit my pants at our first birthday party for her at our new home or on Thunder Mountain!
        I almost just shit my pants laughing so hard at your post above.....:)
        How is the Alli going for you Yari?

        #204 *JillD*

        *JillD*
        • Sr. Member
        • 5,112 posts

          Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by tvt
          Jill, remind me, how long have you been taking it?

          Ok, here's my typical day.

          AM - work out on elliptical, some ball excercises and light weights. nothing cray, probably a total of 40 minutes

          Breakfast - regular bagel, with 2 Tbsp regular cream cheese = 9 grams of fat

          Lunch - usually some sort of Lean cuisine and a 2% cheddar cheese stick @ 6 grams = 12-13 grams.

          OR

          Lunch - whole wheat pita, turkey, provolone cheese, lite mayo =10.5

          Dinner - addicted to wheat spaghetti lately, so 2 cups spaghetti, 1/2 cup sauce, 2 Tbsp parm cheese, glass of milk, 100 calorie cookies for dessert = 12 grams of fat

          For snacks I usually have 100 cal popcorn, or some fruit/veggies

          So I think I'm eating enough fat. I take Alli right before I eat. Each meal.

          Did it take a while before you noticed the oily spots? (part of me still can't even believe we have a thread to discuss oily spots in the toilet!)

          I almost want to eat something over my fat limit just to see what happens.

          Monday I will start my third week. I only notice the oily spots I think when I am right at my fat limit for the day or maybe even slightly over, but not realizing it. So it's not all the time.

          Hmm, it seems like you're eating enough fat and you're working out, I don't really understand why you're not losing.

          Have you been watching your calories too and staying within the limits?

          I can't believe we have a thread discussing oily spots either!

          #205 tvt

          tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

            Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:55 PM

            So tonight I set out to test my alli........ i'm not sure this was the best idea, but I wanted to know if it was working!

            So... that said, here's what I ate for dinner

            fried crab cream cheese wontons in sweet and sour sauce, and breaded/fried sweet and sour chicken and white rice.

            i started eating and was getting so scared, that i didn't eat a ton, but i definitely pushed my fat intake. we'll see what happens! tomorrow i'm going to up my fat grams a bit.

            i am tracking calories too and am staying within the range. Maybe it just takes a while. I know online some people say it was 2 weeks before they saw results.... but hell, if this doens't work for me, nothing will. i am doing EVERYTHING right! working out, eating the right stuff, etc. go away extra pounds!

            jill, if you don't mind me asking how much have you lost?

            #206 Tracy

            Tracy
            • Jr. Member
            • 281 posts

              Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:10 AM

              Well, Y'all have sold me on this!! I am going to buy some this weekend and see if it will kick-start what WW doesn't seem to be kick-starting (or more likely what I am not kick-starting). I'm not always good at knowing the fat grams per serving though - especially eating out and stuff - so I will have to try to do some research before I start heading out for lunch and stuff. Maura, Tara and Jill - thank you all for the tips, the motivation and sharing your stories.....I'll keep you posted on how it works for me :)

              #207 Tara

              Tara
              • Jr. Member
              • 473 posts

                Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:39 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Maura
                hahahahaha omg he would die. i stuck a booger on him once like 6 months ago because he was being a brat, and to this day he has not gotten over it, so i cant imagine if i got anal leakage on him...he would NEVER get over it!!!! LOL
                Hahaha! You stuck a booger on him! That is great. Hiram threatens to pick my nose all the time so I threaten to fart on him. We're never going to grow up!

                I just got back to this thread as I have decided with now less than 8 months til the wedding, I really need to buckle down. We went to Canada this weekend for my fi's friend's 30th birthday bash and I saw some pictures that we're taken of me and I was physically disgusted by how I look these days. I don't even recognize myself and feel really bad for fi. He tells me I'm sexy, but I'm 60 lbs heavier than I was when we started dating 7 years ago. It's not a pretty site but I think it was the motivation that I needed!

                You all have given such wonderful feedback on her including the greasy butt story that I think I just have to dive right in and get myself back into a not so round shape.

                Thanks all!

                #208 *JillD*

                *JillD*
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,112 posts

                  Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by tvt
                  So tonight I set out to test my alli........ i'm not sure this was the best idea, but I wanted to know if it was working!

                  So... that said, here's what I ate for dinner

                  fried crab cream cheese wontons in sweet and sour sauce, and breaded/fried sweet and sour chicken and white rice.

                  i started eating and was getting so scared, that i didn't eat a ton, but i definitely pushed my fat intake. we'll see what happens! tomorrow i'm going to up my fat grams a bit.

                  i am tracking calories too and am staying within the range. Maybe it just takes a while. I know online some people say it was 2 weeks before they saw results.... but hell, if this doens't work for me, nothing will. i am doing EVERYTHING right! working out, eating the right stuff, etc. go away extra pounds!

                  jill, if you don't mind me asking how much have you lost?
                  ROFL!! Oh god Tara, I can't wait to hear your stories today! It really does scare you doesn't it, when you know you shouldn't be eating something!

                  My weight loss... keep in mind I have more to lose than you and the 3 weeks leading up to starting alli I was on vacation and then back home, and I was completely STUFFING MY FACE! So during those few weeks I gained quite a bit. So I'm sure some of what I've lost so far is probably water weight, I think I've lost around 12 pounds so far, but I'll let you know on monday when I weigh myself again. I think I lost 10 the first week and then I weighed myself midweek this week and I was down around 1.5 to 2 pounds, so it definitely comes off slow, but that's okay.

                  One of the reasons I haven't started working out yet is that sometimes I end up gaining weight when I work out or stay the same and I get so discouraged
                  Well, Y'all have sold me on this!! I am going to buy some this weekend and see if it will kick-start what WW doesn't seem to be kick-starting (or more likely what I am not kick-starting). I'm not always good at knowing the fat grams per serving though - especially eating out and stuff - so I will have to try to do some research before I start heading out for lunch and stuff. Maura, Tara and Jill - thank you all for the tips, the motivation and sharing your stories.....I'll keep you posted on how it works for me :)
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tara
                  Hahaha! You stuck a booger on him! That is great. Hiram threatens to pick my nose all the time so I threaten to fart on him. We're never going to grow up!

                  I just got back to this thread as I have decided with now less than 8 months til the wedding, I really need to buckle down. We went to Canada this weekend for my fi's friend's 30th birthday bash and I saw some pictures that we're taken of me and I was physically disgusted by how I look these days. I don't even recognize myself and feel really bad for fi. He tells me I'm sexy, but I'm 60 lbs heavier than I was when we started dating 7 years ago. It's not a pretty site but I think it was the motivation that I needed!

                  You all have given such wonderful feedback on her including the greasy butt story that I think I just have to dive right in and get myself back into a not so round shape.

                  Thanks all!
                  Yay! hope you girls join us, it will be good to have more stories and ideas!

                  #209 yamille

                  yamille
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,460 posts

                    Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

                    So I have been lurking on this board and went out and bought some Alli. I need a boost. I excercise and eat pretty healthy so I am just going to go for it and see what helps. I have gained around 10 lbs since last summer so I am bummed and have decided to really do everything in my power to drop the extra extra. Thanks for the info ladies. I'm sure i'll be posting on here quite a bit.

                    #210 Maura

                    Maura

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 5,752 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

                    Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

                    TVT - dont take the pill before you eat - take it after the 2nd or 3rd bite. This may be the changeup that you need. Go to the alli website and watch the FAQ video about how it works, and what I just said will make total sense.




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users