Photo

Alli - anyone try it?

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#11 Pisces

Pisces
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:15 AM

I have heard seriously bad things about anal leakage on this drug. In order to prevent it you essentially have to eat a no-fat diet, and eat extremely clean. If you're doing that, you're going to lose weight without the drug.

I'm really not into weight loss drugs though.
    Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#12 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
    • 1,266 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:10 AM

i am an alli person. I started right when they came out. I think i had mine on preorder! No joke about the TE (treatment effects). I have pooped on myself enough times to change my diet or get off of the pills! First time I tried it I had alot of TE because i was on MY own diet - what I thought was low fat.... then I started on the MYAlli.com eating plan. I lost about 10 lbs and everyone was commenting. Alli was meant to help people change their diet. Once you are on it you will think twice before you put ANYTHING in your mouth!!!! lol Now that I am not on it I gained 5 lbs back.

#13 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:13 AM

Never tried it but the thought that stuff makes me nervous. Try drinking lots of water, eating really well, and exercising your butt off...I know for sure that works :P

#14 Tara

Tara
        • 473 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:36 AM

I have really been considering Alli to assist in my weight loss. The side effects do sound a bit scary though... I'll check back and see how everyone else does before I make the decision.

#15 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

girls! watch out - this stuff is no joke!

this woman who works with my mom was on it and shit herself at WORK from taking a couple of bites of pizza during an office lunch party

i think all the other girls are accurate from what i have heard - if you take it, you basically have to do super low cal, low fat - which honestly you don't need the pills in your system if you do that - b/c you will lose weight no matter what.

but if you need that 'placebo' effect then go for it HOWEVER if either of you shit your pants, i fully expect to hear the details

#16 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa
              girls! watch out - this stuff is no joke!

this woman who works with my mom was on it and shit herself at WORK from taking a couple of bites of pizza during an office lunch party
              LMAO!! WTF is in this stuff? My goodness! I think I'd rather have that extra layer of fat than shit myself any day. Besides if it was that miraculous Oprah would be skinny and have done a show about it already....haha

Excercise and a healthy diet ladies, there haven't been any horrible side effects from that yet! ( btw I'm currently doing neither but I would before I took drugs :P )

#17 Opice34

Opice34
              • 414 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:37 AM

Quote:
                The sheer knowledge that eating more than 15 g of fat in a sitting will make you shit yourself is enough for me to not want to go there. I think the alli pills are awesome.
                [/QUOTE]

That's hilarious!

My only concern is what is happening inside of people's bodies that it is causing them to shit themselves? I mean, I have had diarrhea before, but I've never shit in my pants. It's a bit concerning to me that those little "valves" seem to stop working all together! I just hope there's no sort of long term effect there? I've seen older people have trouble with that, (older, like in their 70s), and it's just not something I want to bring on myself!

But I do think if there was something that made me that sick every time I ate a french fry, then I'd probably never eat a french fry again. It's a great tactic! Pavlov would be proud!

Let us know how it works, ladies! It would be great if you could keep up the healthy diet after you stop taking the pill. How long are you supposed to take Alli for?

Keep us posted! I hope it works for you!

#18 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Opice34
                  But I do think if there was something that made me that sick every time I ate a french fry, then I'd probably never eat a french fry again. It's a great tactic! Pavlov would be proud!
                  Maybe it works like that drug they give alcoholics to make drinks taste really nasty...lol

#19 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

French fries are my weakness! Perhaps this is my wonder drug.

Jamy-sadly I know diet and exercise works, but it is so hard.

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:49 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Yari
                      French fries are my weakness! Perhaps this is my wonder drug.

Jamy-sadly I know diet and exercise works, but it is so hard.
                      Oh trust me, I know! Wait until the wedding is over. If you're anything like me and don't have a dress to make sure you fit in...excercise and diet go out the window...lol I really need to get in the next biggest loser challenge!

Whatever you do don't take a pill before our next meet-up...you have to make sure you can eat naughty stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users