Alli - anyone try it?

Yari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
Okay... so I picked it up today...

Haven't started yet. I'm scared. Did everyone adjust to eating the right foods for a few days first like it suggests or did you all just jump right in?
Hi Tara! (that is so bizzare because I've never known another Tara!)

anyway, I did adjust my eating habits a week prior to taking Alli. It only suggests a few days, but I couldn't start taking it due to a camping trip, so I figured I'd just start the eating plan, and start the Alli a week later.

So I need help. PMS has got a hold on me. I want to EAT. Especially those 100 calorie pack Fudge Shoppe Cookies......

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
So I need help. PMS has got a hold on me. I want to EAT. Especially those 100 calorie pack Fudge Shoppe Cookies......
pms.gif I feel ya. Can you afford the 100 calories tonight? I know when I am PMS ing I have to satisfy the craving. I'm impressed that you dodn't already eat them and post about it. It shows you are really thinking before you put stuff in your mouth. good for you! cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
Okay... so I picked it up today...

Haven't started yet. I'm scared. Did everyone adjust to eating the right foods for a few days first like it suggests or did you all just jump right in?
I just jumped right in, I was a little nervous, but I was okay. I also started on a day I would be home, just in case, lol!

Quote:
Hi Tara! (that is so bizzare because I've never known another Tara!)

anyway, I did adjust my eating habits a week prior to taking Alli. It only suggests a few days, but I couldn't start taking it due to a camping trip, so I figured I'd just start the eating plan, and start the Alli a week later.

OMG, PMS is killing me!!!!

I have learned that I can not buy large containers of ice cream, low fat or not, I will eat WAY too much!!

Sunday night I ate a lot of ice cream, it was low fat, but it was bad, I honestly don't even know how many servings it was. I don't think it was as bad as I think it was because I only had a little bit of oil in the toilet, but I did have a belly ache.

I made some vitamuffins, chocolate ones, and I've been eating those instead, they only have 100 calories and 1.5 grams of fat, so better than the damn ice cream.

i'm starting to get jealous of your oil. WTF?! There is something seriously wrong with me. But why the hell don't I see anything different?! If anything, I poop less now. Not that you care, but I just don't get it.

I had an oil incident today! It freaked me out becuase all I had eaten was 1 cup of fiber one cereal with 1 cup of lf milk, banana and blueberries. I had 1 tsp of pb just to throw some fat in there. If i calculate right that's still only 8 grams of fat.

Thankfully I was home. I was a little freaked out. I know this is TMI but I had to tell someone and it's sure not gonna be FI who just got back from being out of town.

What do you guys think- too much fiber?

Quote:
i'm starting to get jealous of your oil. WTF?! There is something seriously wrong with me. But why the hell don't I see anything different?! If anything, I poop less now. Not that you care, but I just don't get it.
ROFL!!! That's so funny, you're jealous of my oil!!

In the beginning I felt like I pooped a lot, almost like after every meal I had to poop. But now, as with every time I diet, I'm starting to get more constipated feeling. I hate that!! God it's hard enough to lose weight without having crap stuck inside of you!!

I have this tea that I drink when I need to go and can't, I drank some sunday night and umm lets just say I was in the bathroom a lot yesterday between the tea and too much ice cream!

Tara, have you tried eating like 20 grams in one meal? I bet that would give you some little drops of oil, but not too much.

When I eat under the recommended fat I don't have oil either, just to make you feel better. It's only when I eat right up to the limit,or a little over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamille View Post
I had an oil incident today! It freaked me out becuase all I had eaten was 1 cup of fiber one cereal with 1 cup of lf milk, banana and blueberries. I had 1 tsp of pb just to throw some fat in there. If i calculate right that's still only 8 grams of fat.

Thankfully I was home. I was a little freaked out. I know this is TMI but I had to tell someone and it's sure not gonna be FI who just got back from being out of town.

What do you guys think- too much fiber?
what time did you eat the fiber, what time did you get the oil incident, and what was your meal previous to the fiber cereal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
what time did you eat the fiber, what time did you get the oil incident, and what was your meal previous to the fiber cereal?
I ate the fiber cereal at 8:30 and the oil happened at around 11. The night before for dinner I had left over Grilled Halibut and veggies (the only thing I can think of is too much olive oil?) that was around 7:30 pm.

Thanks Dr. Maura! :)

Jill, OMG. "It's hard enought to lose it with out having all that crap stuck in you." I am dying over here! I know EXACTLY what you mean. Even the other day FI says "well it would probably help if you ever pooped!" in regards to the scale!

What's the tea you're drinking?

I'm going to stop testing it, and just wait and see how things pan out. It's only been a week and a half. I would think there'd be some adjustment time. Like maybe my body is actually using the food I eat, and thus less to get rid of?